It’s simple - we aren’t winning a thing until refereeing corruption is addressed by the club

You put games to bed when you are 1-0 up you don’t need to worry about refs decisions. Simple as that!

We at the moment are struggling to put games to bed!

If the referees do their job, at 87 minutes we are 2-0 up against 10 men.

Thats the game to bed, is it not?

You missed Goldson’s handball at Hamilton last week, that doesn’t suit your agenda though. Refs are crap, end off. We need var because the standard of refereeing in Scotland is poor, not because of some kind of conspiracy.

read the rules ffs its not a penalty

You missed Goldson’s handball at Hamilton last week, that doesn’t suit your agenda though. Refs are crap, end off. We need var because the standard of refereeing in Scotland is poor, not because of some kind of conspiracy.
It was not a handball you lunatic. The laws were published on here proving it was not handball.
Or "does that not suit your agenda"?

To expand on something I said in another thread about the Morelos disallowed goal.

There is two forms of cheating we (as a Club) need to highlight:

1. Referees and officials who are showing clear bias by
a) being too strict in implementing the rules of the game when dealing with a Rangers player
b) being too lenient in their interpretation of the rules when dealing with non-Rangers players
2. Players of other clubs are regularly trying to gain an unfair advantage (cheating) by pretending to be fouled or feigning injury. The referee can't always get this right. The Compliance Officer must step in and take retrospective action. Was this not one of the main reasons for her position be created in the first place?

To expand on something I said in another thread about the Morelos disallowed goal.

There is two forms of cheating we (as a Club) need to highlight:

1. Referees and officials who are showing clear bias by
a) being too strict in implementing the rules of the game when dealing with a Rangers player
b) being too lenient in their interpretation of the rules when dealing with non-Rangers players
2. Players of other clubs are regularly trying to gain an unfair advantage (cheating) by pretending to be fouled or feigning injury. The referee can't always get this right. The Compliance Officer must step in and take retrospective action. Was this not one of the main reasons for her position be created in the first place?

Dicker the other night was a perfect example of what she should act against. He not only dived, he pretended he'd been hit on the face.

I missed it, because I didn't see it as I was working, so won't comment on something I genuinely haven't seen, I have read arguments on here that with the new handball rules it may not have been a penalty.

It's hard not to scream conspiracy when you see how many marginal decisions don't go our way

Dicker should have been sent off for diving if he was refereed to the same standard as Alfie, Burke should have been sent off for bringing Kent down when through on goal, handball in the lead up to their goal, no penalty call on Alfie for a push, goal disallowed for pretty much the exact same amount of contact as the previously denied penalty claim

5 key decisions that allow went against us in one game, can you tell me a major decision that went in our favour? If a referee is that bad he makes 5 huge errors in one game and there is no agenda he shouldn't be refereeing at the top level again. Surely the swings and roundabouts mentality means we get at least 1 or 2 of those in our favour? 3 of them were at 1-0 and change the whole complexion of the game

Not a key decision but there was also their player practically putting a saddle on tav and holding him back on a counter and not being booked, ludicrous decision

There is not a conspiracy against us. It's just down to bad referees. In order for a conspiracy to work a large group of people (the SFA, referees etc) would have to meet and plan all this in private. Everyone would need to be 100% committed. The more people involved the more likely that something will go wrong and everything would be discovered. Could you imagine the fallout if that happened?

Of course it’s not a grand conspiracy. That’s what the mentally challengeds think. They think the referees gather at lodges every week to conspire against them and plot their downfall.

What we are seeing is referees absolutely petrified to give decisions for one team and against another team. Beaton, Clancy and co are absolutely terrified of being labelled cheating huns, so they call every decision against us. Beaton has cost us 5 points this season from the only 2 away games of ours he has refereed. That’s not bad going for a cheating hun.

Take the Morelos goal on Wednesday as an isolated example. Beaton never saw that. There is no way he saw Morelos commit a push. However by the Kilmarnock player flinging himself to the deck, it creates doubt. Is it easier to be responsible for chalking off a late Rangers winner, or allow a winner to stand when there was potentially a foul? What call gives Beaton an easier time after the game?

That’s all it is down to. Fear and intimidation.

There are also guys like Clancy who is quite simply a Rangers hating tim who’s not afraid to show it when he officiates games.

That mob were allowed to intimidate and bully referees to the extent that they caused a strike. Media headlines, death threats, smashed windows, you name it.

It quite simply isn’t worth the hassle for referees anymore. Their life is much simpler to call everything for us and against them and ensure the filths dominance isn’t compromised.

Last edited:
Fed up reading these silly threads.

Referees will always be an issue. They've been an issue in the past and they'll be an issue in the future.

Releasing statements will do nothing but change focus from the real problem at hand.

And that's us

Referees will always be an issue. They've been an issue in the past and they'll be an issue in the future.

Releasing statements will do nothing but change focus from the real problem at hand.

And that's us
Fed up reading these silly posts.

Last edited:
I missed it, because I didn't see it as I was working, so won't comment on something I genuinely haven't seen, I have read arguments on here that with the new handball rules it may not have been a penalty.

It's hard not to scream conspiracy when you see how many marginal decisions don't go our way

Dicker should have been sent off for diving if he was refereed to the same standard as Alfie, Burke should have been sent off for bringing Kent down when through on goal, handball in the lead up to their goal, no penalty call on Alfie for a push, goal disallowed for pretty much the exact same amount of contact as the previously denied penalty claim

5 key decisions that allow went against us in one game, can you tell me a major decision that went in our favour? If a referee is that bad he makes 5 huge errors in one game and there is no agenda he shouldn't be refereeing at the top level again. Surely the swings and roundabouts mentality means we get at least 1 or 2 of those in our favour? 3 of them were at 1-0 and change the whole complexion of the game

Not a key decision but there was also their player practically putting a saddle on tav and holding him back on a counter and not being booked, ludicrous decision

Well said , we get one marginal decision in our favour and all the others that go against us count for nothing.

And that's us

Fed up reading silly responses to serious threads, if you're "happy" with the abysmal standard of refereeing at our games and can't see that we are refereed to different standard then I would doubt your allegiances.

anyway that fans can withdraw season ticket money until the board responds to the quite obvious ref issue?

it's almost like watching wrestling if it's a league that is predetermined before it starts. The board do like money and might listen with that, although I expect we probably have plenty who will spend the money with no problem or there will be a list of people who can come in if others don't want to pay

the situation is a joke and the manager/players don't seem to care about it or can't talk about it

Fed up reading silly responses to serious threads, if you're "happy" with the abysmal standard of refereeing at our games and can't see that we are refereed to different standard then I would doubt your allegiances.
Football teams around the world think they're refereed to a different standard than anyone else.

Pop onto any football forum and you'll see other supporters saying the same thing as us.

Nothing has changed in all my time watching Rangers.

We've won titles under poor referee decisions. We've won games when referees make shocking decisions. We even won one at the end of the year under those circumstances.

The fact is. It will still be a problem the next decade. Like it was the decade before.

I doubt your allegiances

Serious question please tell me what you think will happen if Rangers or Club 1872 call out the referees?

It shows fans the board care about the club and are trying to do something to stop select decision making against us. If Morelos' goal stands, we would have rightly won the game and grinded out yet another 2-1 victory.

The referees have been poor, inconsistent and just not up to standard. However, let's not use this as an excuse. In the games we've played since the break we have been rotten. It started with Stranraer and it hasn't improved. We've taken the lead in games and can't see them out. We got terrible decisions against us in the 90s and 00s but we were steamrolling teams so it didn't matter. Now that we're struggling these matters come into focus more.

Our PR is so bad we can't bleat about refs. We're so busy chucking out useless statements like confetti it simply wouldn't hold any weight. It would just seen like another moan. We need to be selective when making statements to make maximum impact. Look at that mob, don't say much but then wham, a complaint made to ofcom and Sky are banned.

You don't start dishing out statements when you get gubbed, if we're going to do we should do it right... and start by getting rid of Traynor.

I agree we have been below par since the break, but that Doesn’t mean the ref should not do his job properly

Tough away fixtures can and are won or lost on marginal decisions- and we have been on the end of some shockers this season. Last night as poor as we were they had a goal that should not have stood and we were denied a perfectly good one.

I’m old enough to remember the 80s, 90s etc but have never seen it as bad as it is now. We really need someone to speak out

As true as it is about referees if we had more fight,more hunger for success and the ability to beat teams at the bottom of the league and bottom 6 teams while actually scoring goals instead of giving away embarrassing goals through pisspoor defending maybe we wouldn't worry about cheating referees as much.We need to do a lot better and blaming refs and feeling sorry is not the answer. Start putting teams away and every player has a responsibility to the club and fans.Start now and show some fight and bottle.

Everytime a thread like this is started on FF there is always someone who reacts by saying it wasn’t the refs fault, we were rotten, and sometimes it’s true. But lately, it is very much not true at all. We ARE being refereed differently and the way Morelos is treated is the best example of this. The club SHOULD be calling this out, otherwise it is the team and US who suffer. I am sick of coughing up good money every season in the hope of seeing us win a trophy but losing out due to ‘honest mistakes’! There is nothing honest about it. Anyone who says we need to score more or be better to overcome this needs to remember that the game is about beating the opposition not the officials as well.

Yes, all we need to do is have every single decision go our way and everything will be fine. As if that's totally normal in football and every other team gets every other decision for them as standard.

Yes they have an when you read some of the apathetic drivel on here it’s easy for me to know why.
Completely lost interest in arguing with people who basically refuse to see what’s happening in front of them.
You learn to pick your arguments on here , sometimes it's not worth the effort or energy to engage.

Back