It just feels different this season

We've improved each season under Gerrard.
First year we played some decent stuff but it wasn't his squad and we dropped a lot of silly points as teams knew they might snatch a draw.
Last season we were much more solid and gave them a bloody nose but had a few bad results in the new year. Still think we'd have won our game in hand and beaten them twice and it would have been closer but it's given them a false belief that there was a big gap.
This year we are scoring across the team. If morelos isn't scoring then someone else is. We've had a few incredible results so far in Europe, we've not played that great but still neutered that mob - who still believe it's just down to injuries and covid. We've dropped points in two games and shouldn't have against hibs but for linesman failing to spot an offside.

We need to string together another sequence of wins. We're going to be two games ahead of them due (at least) due to last seasons cup games and they won't get a chance to play those games till next year. Other teams will look at them and can see that they just need to target Duffy and put shots on target against that keeper (his stats are about 1 goal conceded for every 2 shots on target). They've had a few late wins but luck will run out once or twice. I'm keen to see how mccrorie and Ferguson do against them at the weekend. Hopefully ross continues his good form and comes away with 3 points on Sunday.

In fairness, going away and winning well in Europe has never really been Rangers in my lifetime.

Not as consistently as we have under Gerrard anyway.
Top post, mate. We've been a mixed bag in Europe for decades - even in the mid 70s.

Why this season, for me, feels different is that Saturday was simply a training exercise whereas tonight was a stretch with Standard Liege being like us like us: Well coached and organised but with a bit of flair.

Tonight was the most enjoyable game of football (rain aside) that I have watched this season.

Back