It means nothing at the moment.

Tailwind

Totally correct from the players and management team. They need to remain focused and treat each game as it comes. Win the next game, analyse it, put it behind us and move onto the next one again.

We, the fans, are however permitted to enjoy the ride.

We are allowed to cheer when the first goal goes in, to start getting excited at the second and at the third to relax, think "this games done", and enjoy the rest of the game - we don't need to wait until approaching the 90 minute mark to rejoice in our performance for fear it may come back and bite us on the butt.

Although perhaps thats why Ibrox is so quiet at times even when we are winning :D

Yes teams have lost commanding leads before both in individual games and in championships. It happens and if you get overly excited when you are in front then, yes, you can end up looking a bit foolish but it's all part of the highs and lows of the game.

We should enjoy each victory and celebrate it for what it is. Each victory is another step on the road to 55 and should be celebrated as such and, when we clinch 55, then we have the mother of all celebrations.

In the meantime - enjoy the ride :)
There are no guarantees in life.

Enjoy the noww. If you only enjoy yourself after 38 games, what happens if we arent 1st then? A whole year went by and you didnt enjoy a single moment.

two2tango

Official Ticketer
As impressive as we are looking right now, there’s still a long way to go.

How will we cope after Xmas when tiredness begins to creep into certain players games, others pick up injuries and suspensions and others still see their form dip.

Do we have the strength in depth to deal with that this season?

It certainly looks and indeed feels better this time around, but we should still be wary of the lessons of the past couple of years.
Mate those fears are last seasons fears

we’re a different animal this season the manger has rotated most the players apart from tav and goldson

the players look fresh with this rotation

Sapien

Absolutely right. Enjoy the moment but its only a five point gap. They'll likely be out of Europe and can focus on the league while we look likely to progress and have to contend with more games. For what it's worth I don't think they'll drop points until we meet them again. We need to make sure we match that.

SDF

We might implode, we might blow it but see right now ? That mob are panicking in a way not seen since 1997.

The dawning realisation that this is no longer the Rangers team of Russell Martin, Jason Holt and Lee Hodson they can walk over and take the piss out of has hit them in the face like a sledgehammer. They're still defiantly giving it the "you lot are shite" but they're no longer believing it. Deep down, they know man for man we are better than them and we have their number.

That's why they're desperate for Lennon to go. I'm not daft enough to sit here and say their squad is shite because it's not but the difference in levels and professionalism in the dugouts is quite honestly massive and they know it. Their squad have clearly tuned out and no longer respect him.

Coop1872

Don't like to see people getting ahead of themselves. I remember when "mind the gap" was a common phrase at a similar stage in the 2011/12 season. Too many bad experiences for me to have that attitude.

Tailwind

The difference (forget games in hand) is all down to one game. Let's just keep beating them.

We got first blood. I think we can win all of three remaining games against them. Have we ever did that (4 wins) in a four game season versus them? Obviously the January window has the potential to change things but our work there looks better lately.
This isnt even factually correct.

Chenks

The difference (forget games in hand) is all down to one game. Let's just keep beating them.

We got first blood. I think we can win all of three remaining games against them. Have we ever did that (4 wins) in a four game season versus them? Obviously the January window has the potential to change things but our work there looks better lately.
96-97

Chenks

Don't like to see people getting ahead of themselves. I remember when "mind the gap" was a common phrase at a similar stage in the 2011/12 season. Too many bad experiences for me to have that attitude.
I feel this is another way no crowds are helping us, there isn’t the same crowd hysteria, we won at Parkhead and walked off there was no crowd to celebrate with. Fans getting ahead of themselves on a forum isn’t a bad thing, it doesn’t suck in the team.

HandsomeHead

Mate those fears are last seasons fears

we’re a different animal this season the manger has rotated most the players apart from tav and goldson

the players look fresh with this rotation
I agree that we look stronger with better quality options this year and the rotation is working wonders, but after we beat the Beggars at the San Giro last December nobody foresaw just how spectacularly we would implode thereafter.

We’d be wise to remember that.

Chenks

I agree that we look stronger with better quality options this year and the rotation is working wonders, but after we beat the Beggars at the San Giro last December nobody foresaw just how spectacularly we would implode thereafter.

We’d be wise to remember that.
As long as the players remember

linthousebear1981

Every game is the next challenge, the next step and hopefully all those steps are forward ones towards the title.

Just now we are playing well, our team look hungry for goals and more importantly to keep goals out. We have had some luck with Covid and international breaks so far and hopefully now with a vaccine about to roll out we have managed to miss it all but we are not out of the woods yet. If our players can remain vigilante off the park regarding this then great.

I am not getting too ahead of myself but I am starting to get a bit excited because it does feel a bit different from the previous two seasons. If we get to next game against them and we win all of our games then I will probably start to get carried away.

I think 4 of their key players want out, another is ageing and another is being played well out of position in a much deeper midfield role. I expect to see Eduaord, Ntcham, Christie and Ajer to start forcing moves in January if they are not signing new contracts, Celtic will not take the risk on that even for a 10 in a row push

BlueDel

That’s the message from the Gaffer and the players. And that’s the way it should be. Stay focused and charge on.
It does mean something to me. It means we are continuing to progress both physically and mentally and are eating away the doubts and mental issues that plagued us and hurt us in previous seasons.

The league is not won - far from it. However, I will say this now; we are by far the best team (and squad) in Scotland and only ourselves will take this league from us. It is absolutely and unequivocally in OUR hands now.

Great mentality to come out and scud them today. Would likely not have happened in previous years.

Atheist Bear

Now that I’ve calmed down a bit, my next concern (which is too strong a word tbh) is celtc winning the next two cup games, getting a lift from that and bringing in a new manager at the same time. If it works out they could start picking up points consistently again, increasing the chances of shortening the gap.

I‘m confident we’ll handle it but I don’t want to give them any glimmer of hope, I don’t want to take the smallest bit of pressure off them. I want them physically and mentally overrun to the point where they lose all hope of recovery.

Giopeople

Good weekend but while it's nice to look at the gap we've won and lost league titles from better/worse positions than this.

bar72bear

Official Ticketer
if we are minimum 5 points infront at the end of January the league is looking good. Looking at the fixtures, xmas through to feb looks very tough compared to Celtic. If we can keep ourselves well ahead after those fixtures we will be in a good place

Tailwind

If they had won the first OF game they'd be top (excepting games in hand) so it is correct.
But they didn’t, so it’s not.

I’m talking about the actual situation. Not the coulda, shoulda, woulda, if my auntie had balls situation.

They’ve dropped points in 4 games. We’ve dropped points in 2. So it’s about more than one game.

Ibroxkev

It’s got the feeling of Souness’ first season when we’d went so long without winning the League but finally had a team capable of doing it.

scobie1873

I’m sure the last couple of years will be a reminder to the players and management not get carried away, and all the talk seems to be grounded.
However, I certainly am! 46 year old and I’m absolutely getting carried away!

Theoldgeezer

Totally correct from the players and management team. They need to remain focused and treat each game as it comes. Win the next game, analyse it, put it behind us and move onto the next one again.

We, the fans, are however permitted to enjoy the ride.

We are allowed to cheer when the first goal goes in, to start getting excited at the second and at the third to relax, think "this games done", and enjoy the rest of the game - we don't need to wait until approaching the 90 minute mark to rejoice in our performance for fear it may come back and bite us on the butt.

Although perhaps thats why Ibrox is so quiet at times even when we are winning :D

Yes teams have lost commanding leads before both in individual games and in championships. It happens and if you get overly excited when you are in front then, yes, you can end up looking a bit foolish but it's all part of the highs and lows of the game.

We should enjoy each victory and celebrate it for what it is. Each victory is another step on the road to 55 and should be celebrated as such and, when we clinch 55, then we have the mother of all celebrations.

In the meantime - enjoy the ride :)
Well said

Theoldgeezer

We might implode, we might blow it but see right now ? That mob are panicking in a way not seen since 1997.

The dawning realisation that this is no longer the Rangers team of Russell Martin, Jason Holt and Lee Hodson they can walk over and take the piss out of has hit them in the face like a sledgehammer. They're still defiantly giving it the "you lot are shite" but they're no longer believing it. Deep down, they know man for man we are better than them and we have their number.

That's why they're desperate for Lennon to go. I'm not daft enough to sit here and say their squad is shite because it's not but the difference in levels and professionalism in the dugouts is quite honestly massive and they know it. Their squad have clearly tuned out and no longer respect him.
But lennon MUST stay

change consent