It means nothing at the moment.

if we are minimum 5 points infront at the end of January the league is looking good. Looking at the fixtures, xmas through to feb looks very tough compared to Celtic. If we can keep ourselves well ahead after those fixtures we will be in a good place

If they had won the first OF game they'd be top (excepting games in hand) so it is correct.
But they didn’t, so it’s not.

I’m talking about the actual situation. Not the coulda, shoulda, woulda, if my auntie had balls situation.

They’ve dropped points in 4 games. We’ve dropped points in 2. So it’s about more than one game.

It’s got the feeling of Souness’ first season when we’d went so long without winning the League but finally had a team capable of doing it.

I’m sure the last couple of years will be a reminder to the players and management not get carried away, and all the talk seems to be grounded.
However, I certainly am! 46 year old and I’m absolutely getting carried away!

Totally correct from the players and management team. They need to remain focused and treat each game as it comes. Win the next game, analyse it, put it behind us and move onto the next one again.

We, the fans, are however permitted to enjoy the ride.

We are allowed to cheer when the first goal goes in, to start getting excited at the second and at the third to relax, think "this games done", and enjoy the rest of the game - we don't need to wait until approaching the 90 minute mark to rejoice in our performance for fear it may come back and bite us on the butt.

Although perhaps thats why Ibrox is so quiet at times even when we are winning :D

Yes teams have lost commanding leads before both in individual games and in championships. It happens and if you get overly excited when you are in front then, yes, you can end up looking a bit foolish but it's all part of the highs and lows of the game.

We should enjoy each victory and celebrate it for what it is. Each victory is another step on the road to 55 and should be celebrated as such and, when we clinch 55, then we have the mother of all celebrations.

In the meantime - enjoy the ride :)
Well said

We might implode, we might blow it but see right now ? That mob are panicking in a way not seen since 1997.

The dawning realisation that this is no longer the Rangers team of Russell Martin, Jason Holt and Lee Hodson they can walk over and take the piss out of has hit them in the face like a sledgehammer. They're still defiantly giving it the "you lot are shite" but they're no longer believing it. Deep down, they know man for man we are better than them and we have their number.

That's why they're desperate for Lennon to go. I'm not daft enough to sit here and say their squad is shite because it's not but the difference in levels and professionalism in the dugouts is quite honestly massive and they know it. Their squad have clearly tuned out and no longer respect him.
But lennon MUST stay

Back