It was Dundee’s vote the SPFL claim they never received

So what happens if Dundee clarify and that its still a No vote?

Was this all about settling finance, league positions and reconstruction?

Will the SPFL simply come back again and again until they pass the current league standings and hand out the trophy and monies?

I read Dundee's statement and although it's clear they dont support the proposal but they never actually confirmed they voted no in it ? unless I have completely missed that.
Think that's from earlier but as you say it isn't exactly clear what their intentions are.

If Dundee’s No vote is deemed to be a spoilt ballot then the resolution still fails. The requirement is that they get 75% (8 votes) approval from Championship clubs. They haven’t achieved that. It’s not 75% of votes cast or of eligible votes it is, quite simply, 75% of the clubs (8) have to vote Yes.
Do the SPFL get to decide when a ballot is spoiled or not though? It would seem they think they can reject a vote based on a subsequent club statement and then ask them to vote again.

Dundee implied in their statement that they couldn't vote for the resolution. 'as it stands'. So the SPFL/Celtic will 'clarify' things with a sweetener or two and Dundee will all of a sudden see sense in the proposal.

Corrupt to the core.

I can’t see Dundee folding , can you ? It would be far too obvious even by Scottish football standards

I can.

They'll be under relentless pressure as well as being offered all sorts of sweeteners to go with the flow and side with the SPFL.

I think they'll buckle.

Why do Dundee not come out and clear this up. If there was a mistake surely they could have resubmited their vote in the same manner as every other club.

Surely to f*ck they are not being nibbled at.

Surely there are no means of coercing Dundee into changing their vote? It's not like they can propose a 15 team league next year to suit Dundee's interests.

Any reconstruction stands to benefit Utd and ICT?

So what happens if Dundee clarify and that its still a No vote?

Was this all about settling finance, league positions and reconstruction?

Will the SPFL simply come back again and again until they pass the current league standings and hand out the trophy and monies?

The SPFL will come back again and eventually get what they want through anyway. If Dundee say no then they only have to get 1 club to change their mind and they'll go for another vote.

Regardless of the outcome tonight (or the next few days) it looks like the bheasts will be crowned champions, the league winners will win promotion, the league losers will be protected from relegation this year and possibly no European football as we're going completely against the UEFA grain here.

Really, it's Rangers who miss out the most here. I'm pretty sure the SFA are going to make the bheasts champions while Europe is taken off us. That's the thanks you get for dragging the countries coefficient up, Europe taken away, and bitter rivals handed titles they never won in the first place.

The sooner we get out of Scotland, the better. This will happen over and over again until we move on, if we move on.

Think that's from earlier but as you say it isn't exactly clear what their intentions are.

In contrast to so much positivity and support, the language in the current proposal condemns clubs to be financially worse off than they already are as we sit here today. This has been difficult to accept.
We believe that any proposal presented should be comprehensive and consider the sporting AND financial implications for the member clubs.

Fundamentally, we believe that in these exceptional and uncertain times, no member club should be worse off as a result of this proposal than they are today. The current proposal will see member clubs cumulatively have in the region of £3.5-£4 million pounds of lost revenue.

Seems fairly clear to me. The premise of their position is that, in addition to sporting merit, no decisions should have dire financial implications for member clubs. They then discuss how much that loss would be realised across member clubs.

Last edited:
They are petrified UEFA take this out of everybody’s hands and call the season null and void.

They absolutely MUST have this ‘win’ on the books before that happens.
This is exactly the reason for the rush. Someone, close to UEFA (wonder who that could be) has an awareness of what is coming down the road.

Back