it was the 4th official who told the ref to send Jack off

frankfurterbear1

Saw it clear as day in front of me. stood on the pitch just as the penalty was about to be taken and he spoke to the ref in his ear. Ref then ran to half way line where Jack was standing with Tav and sent him off.

can 4th official influence the ref like this.

If he did, then there’s no way he did it without consulting a TV replay (which I believe would be illegal) There’s no way he had a better view than the referee who was a matter of feet away from the incident

Couldn't believe it when the 4th official stepped on the field to intervene. Unless he's watched back a video that's shown something subtle, I simply can't understand how I reached the conclusion that it was a red.

referee was stood closer to Ryan Jack than f*cking Broadfoot when Broadfoot hit the deck. If he wasn't able to make a decision and had to rely on his mate stood 40 yards away then he needs sacked before he gets home tonight.
Exactly - it happened right in front of him.

Our referees are a complete disgrace

i thought ryan jack pushed broadfoot to the ground ,never saw what happened before it ,

however the ref has made his decision to yellow card jack then is over ruled by the 4th official ,the game is %^*&@d

Of course he can. It's what he's there for.
Can he get a referee to give a red card for an offence after he has issued a yellow
Why did the forth offcial not advise the ref before he gave a yellow
If the ref was'nt sure of what happened why did he give yellows before consulting his forth official
Is the red card allowable if a yellow has already been given
If a yellow card is issued it prohibits the
Compliance t@rrier from becoming involved
Answers please

If he did and claims that he didn't use TV evidence at the time then why did he take so long to pass the info on?? Think it's obvious that he did consult the TV.

From my seat in the copland rear - The fourth official has watched the incident again on TV and told the referee to send Jack off. There's no other explanation as the linesman had plenty of time after the rammy to point out what happened (if he actually saw the incident).

Why did it take him 2 or 3 minutes? That's what I want to know, if the 4th official thinks it's a red card, he should have told the ref straight away, not wait until the penalty is about to be hit.

Last edited:
If he did, then there’s no way he did it without consulting a TV replay (which I believe would be illegal) There’s no way he had a better view than the referee who was a matter of feet away from the incident

That's the real question.

RTV were showing the incident. Would that be the feed in the ground. Would he have access to a tv? If so had he broken the rules and used the Tv. Club need to look at the cctv footage and see what he was doing pre it being ruled out. If he has used tv evidence then we have to go after him for it - assuming that's not allowed as I cannot remember tv referrals being brought into our game.

Now, I need to say that I’ve seen it once, from the broomloan. And only really going on comments here. But, by all accounts, jack pushed him AND kicked him.

Not saying it’s right(what the ref and his pal did), far from it. But that will be their excuse. Yellow for the push. Red for the kick.

Shambles.

Can he get a referee to give a red card for an offence after he has issued a yellow
Why did he not advise the ref before he gave a yellow
If the ref was'nt sure of what happened why did he give yellows before consulting his forth official
Answers please

Not entirely conversant with the Referee/Linesman remit but I answered your question - he can influence the Ref in decisions like that.

On The Line would be better for the specifics ...

Shouldn't the penalty be taken first
Saying thatmwtf is Jack pushing anyone we just won a penalty to win the match why is he getting involved in anything

Was it not the case that Jack already had a yellow, that was his second but the Ref forgot to show the Red.
The whole situation would never have arisen if he just stood by his decision of penalty.
Why he allowed them to badger him into speaking to his assistant when he over ruled them all night I will never know.
Roughly 4 minutes between given the penalty and it being saved.

If the fourth official saw a red-card offence at the time then it would have taken a matter of seconds for him to speak to the ref because they all wear headsets and the yellow card would never have been brandished. There is no way he didn't see it on TV and thus cheat, again.

Shouldn't the penalty be taken first
Saying thatmwtf is Jack pushing anyone we just won a penalty to win the match why is he getting involved in anything

3 attempts before he could actually take the penalty. Ridiculous. Not an excuse for missing but all that waiting piles the pressure on.

I was too busy watching he penalty to see what jack done, but if he referee books him then surely he can’t then proceed with a red card retrospectively a couple of minutes later by an official who has watched a replay? That’s cannot be right

I was too busy watching he penalty to see what jack done, but if he referee books him then surely he can’t then proceed with a red card retrospectively a couple of minutes later by an official who has watched a replay? That’s cannot be right

These corrupt bastards can do anything they want (provided you play for Rangers).

Are we now to believe the 4th official over ruled the referee? The Compliance officer cannot even over rule the ref after he gives a yellow.

What the feck is going on here?

Was it not the case that Jack already had a yellow, that was his second but the Ref forgot to show the Red.
The whole situation would never have arisen if he just stood by his decision of penalty.
Why he allowed them to badger him into speaking to his assistant when he over ruled them all night I will never know.
Roughly 4 minutes between given the penalty and it being saved.

No he changed his mind after the 4th official disappeared and came back to say he
Had seen it ( Must have seen a replay )
Yellow was changed to a red didn't know it could be done.

i thought ryan jack pushed broadfoot to the ground ,never saw what happened before it ,

however the ref has made his decision to yellow card jack then is over ruled by the 4th official ,the game is %^*&@d

Jack motioned his head towards Broadfoot. Don’t know if he hit him or not but it was stupid.
I thought it would be red but once the yellow is issued can he change his mind and give a straight red for the same offence?

No he changed his mind after the 4th official disappeared and came back to say he

I'm sure Jack was booked before this stopping an attack on West Enclosure side.

The 4th official made the decision some three minutes later and was 40 yards further away from the indicent than the referee.

It doesn’t take a genius to work out why it took him three minutes to alter the decision.

We now have a position in this country where we don’t use video refs. Unless the 4th official decides he fancies a shot at it.

I am certain that he must have seen a replay whilst RTV were showing replay after replay. That is why the decision came so late. The official only saw it on the monitors while the penalty was being delayed. If you were eatching RTV they were showing replays over and over as the penalty kick was being delayed. They then stopped showing them and within 15 or 20 seconds, 4th official man had mysteriously had a clear view if the incident ftom the stands and suddenly said it was a red.

3 attempts before he could actually take the penalty. Ridiculous. Not an excuse for missing but all that waiting piles the pressure on.
Why did the ref have to walk to the penalty spot when the Kilmarnock players were all round him? Stay to the side away from our penalty taker until he gets it sorted.
The ref lost the plot at the end of the game and couldn’t wait to get off the pitch, that’s why he only played 2 mins instead of 6.

Jack motioned his head towards Broadfoot. Don’t know if he hit him or not but it was stupid.
I thought it would be red but once the yellow is issued can he change his mind and give a straight red for the same offence?
He can change his mind as long as the ball isn't in play, however he didn't change his mind due to second thoughts it was because of the 4th official who was 50 yards away, the only way he would have a better viewing was via TV which is not permitted in Scotland yet so either way they both didn't do their job right.

Now, I need to say that I’ve seen it once, from the broomloan. And only really going on comments here. But, by all accounts, jack pushed him AND kicked him.

Not saying it’s right(what the ref and his pal did), far from it. But that will be their excuse. Yellow for the push. Red for the kick.

Shambles.
Jack didn't kick him, he pulled his leg away from Broadfoot because he stood on his foot.

These corrupt bastards can do anything they want (provided you play for Rangers).

Are we now to believe the 4th official over ruled the referee? The Compliance officer cannot even over rule the ref after he gives a yellow.

Exactly.

We all know what's being played out here.

This has taken them years of playing the victim card but they got there.

The ref saw the incident and booked Jack. How can the 4th official influence the decision from miles away?

Isn't it funny that all these one-offs seem to affect only us.

He can change his mind as long as the ball isn't in play, however he didn't change his mind due to second thoughts it was because of the 4th official who was 50 yards away, the only way he would have a better viewing was via TV which is not permitted in Scotland yet so either way they both didn't do their job right.
Did they get the right decision ? That’s what we ask for on here all the time .

The compliant officer can but only when it involves us (Lee McCulloch I think).

Surely can correct an error

Why did the ref have to walk to the penalty spot when the Kilmarnock players were all round him? Stay to the side away from our penalty taker until he gets it sorted.
The ref lost the plot at the end of the game and couldn’t wait to get off the pitch, that’s why he only played 2 mins instead of 6.
Seemed that way. He had a pretty good game up until that point then just went loopy.

Are we now to believe the 4th official over ruled the referee?

Yes. The 4th official can observe and advise the referee if he thinks there is a mistake. If the referee didn't see contact between Jack and Broadfoot but the 4th official did and thinks the referee missed it, he can advise the referee and the ref can then if he wishes change his decision.

The Compliance officer cannot even over rule the ref after he gives a yellow.

He can but only for mistaken identity and wrongful caution for simulation (ie where there actually was contact).

The fact RJ got a red card also allows us to appeal the decision now. Lets hope we do and get it overturned again.

I highlighted the wording of the Judicial Panel Protocol which gives the SFA/Compliance Officer carte blanch to take complaints from any source and also that they do not consider previous cases when deciding punishments, so punishments will be inconsistent.

The ref gave the penalty. The linesman then intervened for god knows what. Then the penalty was about to be taken. Then the 4th official appeared on the pitch. End result Jack was off, Candeias hit a dreadful penalty and we were all counting down the seconds to the inevitable equaliser.

Why did the forth offcial not advise the ref before he gave a yellow
Answers please

I'm thinking he actually meant to give Jack a red card & took the wrong card out of his pocket. I also thought it was strange that Jack moved away from the penalty area with another Rangers player standing in front/next to him. It's almost as if he was told he was being sent off but the wrong colour of card was produced.

I could talking keech though:D

The ref gave the penalty. The linesman then intervened for god knows what. Then the penalty was about to be taken. Then the 4th official appeared on the pitch. End result Jack was off, Candeias hit a dreadful penalty and we were all counting down the seconds to the inevitable equaliser.

Looked like the linesman was backing the referee up in the decision to give the penalty because it was very close to the 18yd line. That was fine.

Broadfoot lost his shit over the penalty because it was him who gave the foul away. Jack should have walked from him and gone straight to the ref when Broadfoot stood on his foot the first time instead of continuing to square up.

This is probably the best view of what happened. Jacks foot is being stood on, he pulls his foot away and pushes Broadfoot at the same time, Broadfoot then goes down holding his face.

https://mobile.twitter.com/XXIIISport/status/923297874728779777

The ref runs in at the end of that clip so must have seen what was going on and deemed it a yellow.
For him to change it on someone else’s say so shows this ref isn’t good enough to take charge of a game and make his own decisions.

I'm thinking he actually meant to give Jack a red card & took the wrong card out of his pocket. I also thought it was strange that Jack moved away from the penalty area with another Rangers player standing in front/next to him. It's almost as if he was told he was being sent off but the wrong colour of card was produced.

Wouldn’t the ref have pointed off the pitch if sending him off.
I think they keep their cards in different pockets too.

Anything could be possible with this idiot ref though.

A penalty is just about to be taken , Candeias is starting his run up.
Why does Jack have his back to the penalty getting involved with Broadfoot?

After reading the whole thread it could have been a 2nd yellow, if he had been booked earlier, and the referee forgot to show the red card.

Back