it was the 4th official who told the ref to send Jack off

Just wonder if he will get away with it on a technicality, not sure what the rules are on whether you can change a to a red card when you have already shown a yellow. Also seems obvious the 4th official watched a replay, there has to be consistency and this is not in the rules.

Whoever the new manager is needs to have a serious talk with Jack, he’s a decent player but a complete liability at the moment. He needs to realise he is a constant target for refs and opponents now he is a rangers player and needs to smarten up

Broadfoot can’t be charged because he got a yellow at the time.
That’s why this is so stupid.
Jack also got a yellow at the time so that should have been it finished.

Yes he can. He was not cautioned for feigning injury.

OK - done as requested.:rolleyes:

Stripping out all the ancillary stuff about players in general 'conning' referees and, in this instance, Broadfoot being guilty of that, this is what I found.

You suggest there was a kick/stamp by Jack and also say referee can reject 4th officials advice (post #71).

You say Jack was sent off for using his studs (post #78).

You say referees (and 4th officials?) don't have the benefit of replays (post #87)

You say YOU would have taken the 4th officials advice in order to 'cover your arse' (post #91).

You backtrack - and say Jack may not have touched Broadfoot (post #102).

You ask if 2 cautions was the correct decision (post #149).

I subsequently agreed it was and the principal error made by the referee was in bowing to the 4th officials advice instead of sticking to his guns regarding his earlier decision of 2 yellows. That is why I criticised the referee.

So, I come back to my question - do you think the ultimate decisions reached were correct? I honestly am not trying to trip you up or call you out here or even pick argument for the sake of it, I am genuinely interested in whether you think the ultimate outcome was the correct one. A simple 'yes' or 'no' would be good.:D

From my angle in my seat it looked as though he raked his studs.
Others say, this. Others say he kneed him. Depends on everyone's angle.
Angle from Sandy Jardine stand video, he didn't.
If I think an offside looks tight and it is flagged i will accept the flag like anyone else.
Waved on I will accept, like anyone else.
So why not take the advice of 4th official? It is a team.
Caution for each player yes.

I don't run away. I don't duck and dive.
Want to stop the silly accusations now?
I am not arguing.
Finished

If I think an offside looks tight and it is flagged i will accept the flag like anyone else.

I am not arguing.
Finished

Thank you.

EDIT: Oh, and my reasons for suggesting he should have ignored the 4th officials advice have been outlined earlier. The referee had the better view. The video you refer to shows him already walking towards the incident, looking at it, when Jack lifts his leg back and pushes KB.

EDIT 2: I honestly wasn't looking for a fight or seeking to make accusations. I simply wanted your opinion on whether the outcome was correct.

Stephen McManus got sent off years ago at the GlitterDome after the ref, who had already issued him with a yellow, took advice from the linesman and then changed to red, pretty sure it was against Hearts.

Stephen McManus got sent off years ago at the GlitterDome after the ref, who had already issued him with a yellow, took advice from the linesman and then changed to red, pretty sure it was against Hearts.

Craig Thomson was the ref on that occasion I'm sure. He cleaned the Hearts guy on the (Hearts) right hand side. League Cup game I'm sure.

What would have happened if the ref had immediately red carded Jack then two minutes later the 4th official calls him over to tell him it was only a yellow and Plodfoot was feigning injury?

Does anyone think the ref would have listened to the 4th official and ran up the tunnel to bring Jack back out onto the field of play?

Now that really would have been hilarious, but because it would never happen in a million years it proves the inherent dishonesty that lies within our refs.

On my first viewing i thought Jack had kneed him, it's when you see it from the side on view that you realise he was just pulling his foot away from being stood on, the thing is did the 4th official think he kneed him ? Tbe ref obviously took advice from someone or decided off his own back to change the yellow to a red.Surely Broadfoot should have been cited for feigning injury i.e clutching his face when it's clear there was no facial contact.

I am not arguing.
Finished

No offence but the ref could spit on the pair of them when it happened. Why the %^*& is he taking the advice of someone 40 yds away, AFTER, he has made a decision and game was about to restart again (pen).

Another question, why the delay? I though they were all mic'ed up, plenty of time for the 4th official to say before 1st yellow. Did someone advise the 4th official/ref to send him off?

Back