its about time this ''best footballer in the world'' and the ''top goalscorer'' title gets binned.

cockney gers boy

Official Ticketer
i mean, there really is only the attacking midfielders and the forwards can win it.
unless the goal keeper takes the penalties and lets face it he would have to play for them to even have a sniff at the top goal scorer again its only the attacking midfielder or forwards that win will it.
its bullshit really. a superb keeper or defender will never win the best player in the world title or top goal scorer.
the only way to make it fair is to have best keeper. best defender, best holding midfielder, best attacking midfielder and lastly best forward.
its that simple.
oh, and top goal scorer is a joke. two out of 26 can only win that in any team. grrrrrrrrrrrrr!

i mean, there really is only the attacking midfielders and the forwards can win it.
unless the goal keeper takes the penalties and lets face it he would have to play for them to even have a sniff at the top goal scorer again its only the attacking midfielder or forwards that win will it.
its bullshit really. a superb keeper or defender will never win the best player in the world title or top goal scorer.
the only way to make it fair is to have best keeper. best defender, best holding midfielder, best attacking midfielder and lastly best forward.
its that simple.
oh, and top goal scorer is a joke. two out of 26 can only win that in any team. grrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Yeah, Klos or Goram as best Rangers goalie ever? Never mind the best from older generations!
What about Jim Forrest, Derek Johnstone, McCoist, Hateley and Morelos?

You're a goalie who doesn't get appreciate at 5s aren't you?

At primary I got put in goal for the Schools "B" team, we played 6 games in the groups, I saved a penalty and we lost 1 goal int he 6 games.

1 win, 4 draws, 1 defeat (0-1)

I'm still fucking raging to this day, and I still can't make heads nor tails of the OP.
He was obviously in the "A" team!

*They let in 7 in the group and 14 total and got beat in said semi. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

At primary I got put in goal for the Schools "B" team, we played 6 games in the groups, I saved a penalty and we lost 1 goal int he 6 games.

1 win, 4 draws, 1 defeat (0-1)

I'm still fucking raging to this day, and I still can't make heads nor tails of the OP.
He was obviously in the "A" team!

*They let in 7 in the group and 14 total and got beat in said semi. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
hahah. belter mate.......
just so bears know, i was/and still am a centre forward!

its that simple.

Italian Centre back Cannavaro won the Ballon D’or , If good enough you will get the awards you deserve. Modric won it recently and you wouldn’t say he scores many goals , maybe just looks like strikers/forward thinking players have been winning these awards often because Ronaldo and Messi have been so far ahead of most for the last decade.

The game is about creating & scoring goals.
Not really being good defensively is a bloody big part of it.

Its a common misunderstanding of sport, more than one way to skin a cat

Like saying boxing is about always going forward and kos(big problem with people being shocked at scorecards not going the way the think )

I do agree that the op has had a shocker here :))

Your patter was chronic first time around. The edit hasn’t done much to rescue it.
Fuck off back to "Grindr" then?
You've a cheek, and know the patter. You give decent homosexuals a bad name with your drama queenery... Just don't stop bigging up yourself or your "patter" in yer mirror Tiffany!

Doesn't the world cup , euros , champions league have a golden glove award , defender of the year and so on. It's the reason the champions league draw takes so long!

Fuck off back to "Grindr" then?
You've a cheek, and know the patter. You give decent homosexuals a bad name with your drama queenery... Just don't stop bigging up yourself or your "patter" in yer mirror Tiffany!
Just when you think you've seen and heard it all on FF a new contender shows his hand. This place is fkn mental. BTW I think Messi or Ronaldo has pumped the op' s bird.

I am not sure what I expected when I opened this.

Oh wait, I am, It was supposed to be a thread about football or something.

Great keepers and defenders get their due kudos but Football is an entertainment and being creative is the hardest part of the game. It's much easier to destroy than create which is why the "best players ever" or "best players in the world" will always, and deservedly , be attacking minded players.

The majority tune in to see goals and great games, yes, seeing great saves and great tackles are good, but when it comes down to it the WORST kind of games are where teams just sit back and nullify attacking threats. People want to see free flowing, attacking, awe inspiring football and that bleeds through to who wins these kind of awards.

One thing I don't agree with is how, recently, it has became a competition (or argument) that who scores most goals must be the best. Not turning this into a Messi/Ronaldo/Anyone else debate, just an example: For me Ronaldo is a great player, but in essence he is a goal scorer, and an unbelievable one at that, but people talk about him being one of the best players ever, or vote for him as the best player in the world at the time, but didn't do that with players like Gerd Muller or Van Basten? I think the best player ever/in the world should factor as many things about the game in to the decision as possible.

Defending is easy. Creating and taking chances takes the most skill. That's why clubs pay a premium for their attacking type players.

we live in an era where we have objectively 2 of the 5 greatest players of all time who are attacking players. After this era when it all evens out again then we will probably get a few full backs or whatever but come on!

Back