It's Big Eck time.

I am not going to enter into any debate about the suitability of McLeish or otherwise. I know there are people on this board who are most vociferous against Mcleish, they spout the negative football we suffered in his final season. In doing so they often neglect to take account that we were trying to bring down the debt and we had very little funding available for players. For however me he is exactly what we need to sort this shower of shite out.

The thing is the Board have now played the only hand that they could. We have no money to pay for McLeish or anyone else for that matter.

Its clear that the COS ruling impacting any cash that King was going to chuck into getting a new manager. We are quite simply fucked.

I have rarely felt so low as a Rangers fan, i have rarely ever felt so unconvinced that we have any way out of the current morass. Its a mess and the fans will sadly start to lose faith unless someone in the boardroom act now.

God help us, I feel sorry for Murty but I do wish he had told the Board that he would stick with the under 20s.

If you're serious.........What a fuckin outrageous and disrespectful thing to say!

Hahaha, its true is it not, were Sellick not in pole position with 4 games to go??? Not putting boot in, just showing that the support for McLeish is not warranted, especially for coming back now after years out of game

Last edited:
They won’t get rid of Murty having now given him until the end of the season VERY publically.

It’s a total shambles.

I am not going to enter into any debate about the suitability of McLeish or otherwise. I know there are people on this board who are most vociferous against Mcleish, they spout the negative football we suffered in his final season. In doing so they often neglect to take account that we were trying to bring down the debt and we had very little funding available for players. For however me he is exactly what we need to sort this shower of shite out.

The thing is the Board have now played the only hand that they could. We have no money to pay for McLeish or anyone else for that matter.

Its clear that the COS ruling impacting any cash that King was going to chuck into getting a new manager. We are quite simply fucked.

I have rarely felt so low as a Rangers fan, i have rarely ever felt so unconvinced that we have any way out of the current morass. Its a mess and the fans will sadly start to lose faith unless someone in the boardroom act now.

God help us, I feel sorry for Murty but I do wish he had told the Board that he would stick with the under 20s.

Mate that is rubbish, It will cost king 500,000 as not many will sell shares they bout at 75p for 20 its more to do with incompetence than no money.

Big eck would have the team organised and hard to beat at least, can't see this happening now.

Big eck would have the team organised and hard to beat at least, can't see this happening now.

Then where do we go from drawing every game??? Goals win games and yes being tight at the back is very helpful but you only win by scoring goals.....problem is we have nobody to create and score goals

Mate that is rubbish, It will cost king 500,000 as not many will sell shares they bout at 75p for 20 its more to do with incompetence than no money.

I hope you are correct of course... but I would not put it past the brothers Grimm and all those shysters who gave themselves a gazillion penny shares, including McCoist actually decide to cash in. I am sure they want to give DK a bloody nose.

The Murty signing and the COS ruling seemed too co-incident, the Boards inaction for months then on the day the COS stated that King would have to put something like £11m in escrow as assurance to pay any shareholder we hear from them.

I have stated openly on here mind you that am not that clued into Shares and Stocks etc but the root of our current predicament is the complete lack of money.

Then where do we go from drawing every game??? Goals win games and yes being tight at the back is very helpful but you only win by scoring goals.....problem is we have nobody to create and score goals

Morelos is the league's top scorer and Candeias has the most assists in the league this season.

We desperately need to sort out the engine room.

Hahaha, its true is it not, were Sellick not in pole position with 4 games to go??? Not putting boot in, just showing that the support for McLeish is not warranted, especially for coming back now after years out of game

Said in all seriousness by the guy that wants us to remain calm and wait for improvement under Murty.

I need a beer.

I hope you are correct of course... but I would not put it past the brothers Grimm and all those shysters who gave themselves a gazillion penny shares, including McCoist actually decide to cash in. I am sure they want to give DK a bloody nose.

The Murty signing and the COS ruling seemed too co-incident, the Boards inaction for months then on the day the COS stated that King would have to put something like £11m in escrow as assurance to pay any shareholder we hear from them.

I have stated openly on here mind you that am not that clued into Shares and Stocks etc but the root of our current predicament is the complete lack of money.

I am not so sure mate,

We were willing to pay over a Million for McInnes and his rabid assistant it had all been agreed,
Also money will be made for transfers i think its more the board couldn't agree on the colour of shite.

But as you say none are super wealthy so we are in for years of mediocrity unless some one like Jim McColl decides to put a bit of spare cash in or we get investment from a rich Arab or someone from China which is highly unlikely.

i 100 percent agree but oor elustras chairman wont so that the end to that ask the sos what hes thinking theyll no or has king shat on them as well o how the great have fallen

He would knock some guts into that team.He also knows how to organise a defence.
It won't be Big Alex or he would be in already. There is only one person to sort out this mess and our board should be making him a two year offer from next season he just can't refuse. I know it will upset plenty on here and I can understand why but it is time for the maestro to return.

No need to sack him. Quiet word in his shell and tell him to announce he's stepping back into his old role.

Aye that's what'll happen mate.

Friday - Graeme, the jobs yours til the end of the season.

Saturday - actually Graeme, see because you lost that game today......

Said in all seriousness by the guy that wants us to remain calm and wait for improvement under Murty.

I need a beer.

Get a beer, but stillness won’t change fact Murty is here and McLeish isn’t, and thankfully isn’t.
Go back and watch McLeish at Rangers and say if you still want him, better yet, go and tell me what he has ever done as a manager outside Rangers???

Absolute f@cking nonsense, we won that treble by our own merits, just the same as every other treble we've won, but hey just you carry on and diminish the achievements of a treble winning Rangers team.

Grow up ffs, I am saying McLeish would NOT have won the treble had it not been forCeltic throwing it away, THAT IS A FACT! Did I live helicopter Sunday, of course and is one of my greatest ever as a Ranger but McLeish is NOT a great manager

I am not so sure mate,

We were willing to pay over a Million for McInnes and his rabid assistant it had all been agreed,
Also money will be made for transfers i think its more the board couldn't agree on the colour of shite.

But as you say none are super wealthy so we are in for years of mediocrity unless some one like Jim McColl decides to put a bit of spare cash in or we get investment from a rich Arab or someone from China which is highly unlikely.

Jim mccoll!!! He could have bought us for peanuts in his world but chose not to and thus allowed big haunds the deeds

Utterly depressing thread. Was depressed with Murty getting the job, this thread touts a replacement in a manager who has achieved NOTHING in the last 10 years but get sacked from a handful of wee teams, and the only thing to recommend him is that he managed us previously - and at the moment, I'd probably take him, than suffer this dross for another 5 months.

Why is McLeish such a big draw??? The guy led us to a 3rd position finish and only got a treble due to the incompetence of them across the city

Was that not the same set of incompetents that Advocaat's team could not lay a glove on for two seasons? McLeish is a good manager by anyone's standard,

Get a beer, but stillness won’t change fact Murty is here and McLeish isn’t, and thankfully isn’t.
Go back and watch McLeish at Rangers and say if you still want him, better yet, go and tell me what he has ever done as a manager outside Rangers???

The beer was partly due to realising I'm now not 100% against Eck coming back - which shows the level of shit we're in.

The rest of the beer is to cope with nutters like you that think we have time to wait for Murty to learn & improve, all the while dropping points.

Why is McLeish such a big draw??? The guy led us to a 3rd position finish and only got a treble due to the incompetence of them across the city

That's a ridiculous comment, quite frankly. Plenty people in Scotland want to rewrite history to denigrate Rangers without our fans joining in.

Alex McLeish won the first 5 trophies he competed for against a Celtic side the Scottish media proclaimed as the best since the Stein era.

In winning the SPL in the 2002-03 season, Rangers suffered only 3 defeats. This was achieved despite the absence of an out-and-out striker like Larsson (Barry Ferguson was our top scorer).

McLeish was never given the resources available to Walter Smith.

Aye that's what'll happen mate.

Friday - Graeme, the jobs yours til the end of the season.

Saturday - actually Graeme, see because you lost that game today......

Not just down to today.
He has been great in the U20's and would.most likely have a job for many years there if he wanted.

I'm more considering the prospect of damaging his reputation and relationship with the fans if he fails as manager, when he could go back to doing a job he was flourishing in and continue his success.

Back