It's done, what's next?

allyballyalbertz

What's next?

1. Gerrard is here until at the very least the end of this season, and I'd be giving him until at least next January before reviewing his progress.
Any earlier is ludicrous in my opinion.
Unless there is an implosion.
2. Tavernier, Goldson, Katic, Barisic is a back 4 with great potential.
A new permanent CB, and a new permanent RB/LB would be great in the summer.
3. Jack, Rossiter, Mcrorie Arfield, and Dorrans, give us great midfield squad players. A new permanent CDM, CM, and CAM would be great in the summer.
4. Middleton, Murphy, Candieas, and Grezda, give us great options for the wings, but a new permanent RW/LW in the summer would be great.
5.Morelos will probably be gone, so two new permanent STs would be great in the summer.
6. Davis and Solanke or equivalent for six months would help us out until the summer, and if a surprise signing can be made, then great.
7. Europe: job done, money made, and reputation back, we'll try again next year.
8. McGregor
Tavernier Goldson Katic Barisic
Jack Rossiter/McRorie Arfield
Candieas Morelos Grezda/Middleton
Should be our first 11 for the rest of the season
9. December: is going to be tough for him and the lads. Hamilton, Hibs, StJ, Hibs, them. I expect 11 points, preferably 3 from them, and i'd be surprised if we got 12 or more.
10. Being no more than 7 behind them at the end of the season, will be a fantastic achievement, and I would not complain.

However, choo choo
It's not over, now it begins, Europe gone, league the focus.

What's next?

1. Gerrard is here until at the very least the end of this season, and I'd be giving him until at least next January before reviewing his progress.
Any earlier is ludicrous in my opinion.
Unless there is an implosion.
2. Tavernier, Goldson, Katic, Barisic is a back 4 with great potential.
A new permanent CB, and a new permanent RB/LB would be great in the summer.
3. Jack, Rossiter, Mcrorie Arfield, and Dorrans, give us great midfield squad players. A new permanent CDM, CM, and CAM would be great in the summer.
4. Middleton, Murphy, Candieas, and Grezda, give us great options for the wings, but a new permanent RW/LW in the summer would be great.
5.Morelos will probably be gone, so two new permanent STs would be great in the summer.
6. Davis and Solanke or equivalent for six months would help us out until the summer, and if a surprise signing can be made, then great.
7. Europe: job done, money made, and reputation back, we'll try again next year.
8. McGregor
Tavernier Goldson Katic Barisic
Jack Rossiter/McRorie Arfield
Candieas Morelos Grezda/Middleton
Should be our first 11 for the rest of the season
9. December: is going to be tough for him and the lads. Hamilton, Hibs, StJ, Hibs, them. I expect 11 points, preferably 3 from them, and i'd be surprised if we got 12 or more.
10. Being no more than 7 behind them at the end of the season, will be a fantastic achievement, and I would not complain.

However, choo choo
It's not over, now it begins, Europe gone, league the focus.
Your midfield players are all decent in their own right but we need more flair and creativity in there.midfielders that can score as well.

Just give me a convincing win on Sunday.

Actually score a goal from open play since it seems an eternity since we last scored one.

A clean sheet.

Then move onto the next game.

This last week has made me absolutely detest football

Next??

2nd this year about 10-15 points behind and possibly a cup final.

2nd next year possibly a bit closer, this team won’t improve and neither will our results without decent money spent on it.

Apparently December was to be the barometer of our season so far, the big test.

It’s been awful so far and I’ll be pleasantly surprised if after the 29th we are within 6 points of the mentally challengeds.

The mentally challengeds.

Winning every game up to then but losing will still see this place like it is tonight.

We will probably not win the league. Starting to give those cunts a bloody nose or two and lose the inferiority complex will get everyone up for it and the team believing.

That match is the most important of the next 2 months.

Next??

2nd this year about 10-15 points behind and possibly a cup final.

2nd next year possibly a bit closer, this team won’t improve and neither will our results without decent money spent on it.

too many people on here simply don't get that
we are not 1-2 players away from winning the league
we are miles behind on & off the field

in real terms no progress can be made until that happens

We need to try and remain calm and have patience. Pep guardiola won 0 with his first season at city. Lets give gerrard and his team the time they deserve. What a run its been in europe. Lets gets get through december and have a good transfer window and see where it takes us.

Right now its got to be one wee step at a time. 3 games in a row weve really struggled and next up is Hamilton who will no doubt give us a game. We need to go back to basics and we need to take the points off Hamilton.

too many people on here simply don't get that
we are not 1-2 players away from winning the league
we are miles behind on & off the field

in real terms no progress can be made until that happens

There’s people on here who think we are Steven Davis away from winning the league and anyone that doesn’t agree is a panty wetter.

Been great watching the team grow in the EL from July.
Yes, we have a few regrets with dropped points but hopefully we’ve done enough this year to see us gain crucial points to move up the seedings in future years.

As for the League, I’ll be looking no further than Sunday.
3 points and no injuries and we go again on Wednesday night.

In Steven Gerrard I trust.

There’s people on here who think we are Steven Davis away from winning the league and anyone that doesn’t agree is a panty wetter.

that's what's fcuking frightening
A large part of the pain in recent years has been self inflicted,
a refusal to accept simple self evident truths; all the hope. faith trust & patience in the world will not bring 55
Several much better quality players will give us a chance- there is no plan B

We just need to focus on getting the balance of the team right - we do need some new players in and getting rid of some of the poorer players but overall we should have enough to challenge for the title and most definitely finish 2nd.

However, Gerrard needs to stop fucking around with the team and play the best available all the time. He also needs to start working on when to change things around - change the tactics, move the players around and make subs at the right time. Otherwise we just become too easy to read.

Soul destroting, Davis is very lightweight. Brown, Rogic and Ntcham will bully him in the middle. I pray Mark Allen and SG have a few players lined up for the middle and not just Davis.

Brown hasn’t got near Davis in any other games he’s played against him and I wouldn’t be worried about him playing against the other two.

We are half a team away from competing against them over a season, anyone saying otherwise is kidding themselves on.

Brown hasn’t got near Davis in any other games he’s played against him and I wouldn’t be worried about him playing against the other two.

We are half a team away from competing against them over a season, anyone saying otherwise is kidding themselves on.
Thats when he was 27 hes 34 now or will be 34 in Jan. Why dont you think the other 2 will be anything to worry about theyve been running riot for the past 2 years against us.

Thats when he was 27 hes 34 now or will be 34 in Jan. Why dont you think the other 2 will be anything to worry about theyve been running riot for the past 2 years against us.

Because if we sign Davis (and it looks likely) he even at 34 is more than capable of running our midfield. It’s who plays beside him that worries me more.

Get back to basics. Clean sheets and consistency. Finish December with a run of victories.

We need 12 points till the transfer window or we can forget it.
Then get 3-4 in and kick on from there.

Just keep making progress even if that doesn't mean winning the league but hopefully we can win the Scottish cup. Outside of Davis and maybe that Everton player were linked with i wouldn't make any other moves. Save the money for the summer so we can bring in a top quality midfielder for this league that isn't right at the end of his career

We need to try survive this month till the Transfer Window opens and either the status quo or be closer points wise.

Always said at the start of season if we were within a win against them of being level or going top then we've a chance to spend in January where we're weakest. Hopefully that will come true.

Got a feeling Hibs will take something off them on Sunday as crap as their form has been.

i think we will be ~8 points behind at end of the month, hope im wrong though, from there its going to be a hard second half of the season

We definitely need some spark in the midfield and as been said previously we’ve not scored a goal from open play in the last 5 games. We need creativity and more options into the box rather than punting the ball wide and playing in crosses that nobody challenges. Also would love to see someone that’s not afraid to have a go from 20-25 yards rather than trying to walk the ball into the net

Get to Jan within touching distance of the bampots and strengthen.
Where possible avoid so many changes to the starting 11 every week.
Then see what happens.
Dead easy this management business ;-)

Back