Its now just expected that we'll be kicked off the pitch at Pittodrie

I think it is the hardest and thats not based on football its based on the whole thing

Its a different sport when we go up there
Yip it's a bloodlust, the reptiles in the stands are up screaming for anything.

I'm never happy with a point in any game but it can happen there, as it has done for years and will do again.

The Motherwell draw at home annoyed me much more than last night.

We hugely miss Ryan Jack is games like last night. He has got the right controlled aggression that is required in games at that midden. That said we completely missed out our midfield last night.

Fair chance we wont be there again this season in the league.

Post split we will have to go to the Piggery and Tynecastle. Other away game could well be Hivs.

Dolly will have to come to Ibrox 3 times.

Its called using nous or savvy. Neutralise the Sheep's predictable violent tactics by putting the ref under pressure beforehand to ensure a game of football is played.
We are clueless about that and game management. An opposition player can basically assault one ours and the rest of the team just accept it. No pressure whatsoever for the ref to make the opposition clean up their act.

Even Boyd was on the old “blood and thunder game, you expect it” mantra when asked how Borna’s nose just happened to randomly spurt blood.

You’d expect better.
Yes, the media certainly have a case to answer in playing up the attraction in the physicality of our league.

How are we expected to enhance our national game when it is sold on the basis of thuggery.

You do expect these "battles" at Pittodrie so its hardly something new. Over the years we have given as well as we have got, but last night wasn't good enough.

When the tims go to Tynecastle next week the "battle" mantra will be rolled out again no doubt. They couldn't handle it at the start of the season and I hope they can't again.
The difference will be the treatment the tims get from the ref compared to what we do.

Well why don’t the players, club and manager bring this up during/after the game?

The way we accept it is more annoying than anything else that happened last night.
We'd be laughed at.
The media and the rest of Scottish football are happy with the situation.
Look at the media reactions when they don't get a decision.
It's set up in their favour.
Look at how the compliance officer operates, it's basically the media who decide what is looked at.

I must have watched a different game because I thought it was a very tame affair in terms of bad tackles from either side. A flailing arm on Borna aside, I can’t remember them putting in many reckless tackles, far less than usual anyway. The main issue was the stop / start nature of the game due to Aberdeen players going down with minimal contact and Clancy buying it every time - not the fact it was a dirty game.

Just watched the game back there. The lego eater is in our players faces and strutting around without challenge from our players. The Kent sending off. The team should be firstly railing over Clancy, but secondly, and more importantly should be squaring up to Brown. It is sickening to watch our team retreat into our shell.

I know we didn't play at all so this isn't trying to say Clancy cost us the game.But I was wondering what our options are regarding the way he refs our games.Why do the club not go to the SFA/SPFL or the referees commitee(if such a thing exists) and highlight all the different shall we say strange decisions?I don't think the club can come out in public and call him a cheat but surely we must be able to make our points properly to the appropriate bodies and expect some answers after all it will/has affected the club as a whole especially this year with the champions league money at stake.

We are clueless about that and game management. An opposition player can basically assault one ours and the rest of the team just accept it. No pressure whatsoever for the ref to make the opposition clean up their act.

The Sheep can kick us for 90 minutes and know they'll get away with it. Its just taken for granted, even by some on here, that its just to be expected and that there's nothing we can do about it. Its bizarre, tbh.

According to the stats we kicked them off the pitch. That's how bad the cheating ref was. Look at the free kicks we gave away, the yellow cards and red cards we got, then watch the game. We all know no one in Scotland cares if Rangers are cheated, however the media are already telling everyone it was the other way around and the sheep were cheated out of a win. .

We all know what Clancy is like but he's allowed to do that even by our own club.

We go into these games as fans knowing the other teams will try their absolute hardest and - apart from last season - pretty much every season since Gerrard came in, we’ve been going away from these grounds often thinking that the other team tried harder.

The problems are twofold.

1 - Apart from that one season, everyone but the players seem to know that they’re in for a game every single time we go to certain grounds. Why aren’t we matching it every single time? Not asking for perfect football, but I’m asking for 100% effort.

2 - If it’s widely accepted that we ‘can’t’ be as physical as the other teams, then why the %^*& are we sitting in silence getting continually shafted? Why aren’t the players on the park making it obvious that they’re giving the ref a hard time, why isn’t the manager being clever about it pre and post game and why isn’t the club making noises about speaking to the SFA and league for clarity/assurances on certain referees based on simple facts that we can all find online showing an obvious bias?

Our club, Manager and fans know it. The media rub their hands in anticipation for these games. The question for me is why do we allow it to continue. ?
It's the same when we go to Easter Road too.

We have to play 2 additional cup finals that the tramps don't have to play. When they go to these grounds Aberdeen and Hibs roll over.

Why do we always have to have 2 or 3 bogey teams every season?

We’re a football team , they’re a bunch of hammer throwers . If we try to match them physically the refs will be handing out bookings etc like confetti to our players.

We’re a football team , they’re a bunch of hammer throwers . If we try to match them physically the refs will be handing out bookings etc like confetti to our players.
Like the way clancy did Tuesday night. We were kicked from minute one and we were offered no protection. Now if that’s the way it’s to be played then so be it. As long as we are refereed fair and square.

Like the way clancy did Tuesday night. We were kicked from minute one and we were offered no protection. Now if that’s the way it’s to be played then so be it. As long as we are refereed fair and square.
the problem is, we arent and no sign that will change anytime soon. It's not just clancy, the other officials on Tuesday were just as guilty.

We wouldn't be allowed to match them in a kicking-match, mate.
Spot on. We didn’t match them in the fight and ended with 10 men. If we go in like they did then how many get sent off?

Clancy and a few others do make genuine mistakes but in physical flashpoints or off the ball incidents we get refereed entirely differently by him.

There no reproach for Clancy. Walks away with what he wants, when he referees Rangers he goes in premeditated to ref the event or the reputation rather than what actually happened.

VAR up here has to come but it will be littered with the same diddies trying to make the correct decision. If Clancy went to the touchline to view Kent’s second yelllow, you think he’d change it and second yellow Brown for simulation? Not a chance.

It was a rotten game to watch because it was so stop - start. These type of games don’t suit our style and teams like Aberdeen know it.

Our club, Manager and fans know it. The media rub their hands in anticipation for these games. The question for me is why do we allow it to continue. ?

Eh.. the manager has limited power his job is to discipline the players.

Eh.. the fans can not do much apart from a few naught songs and a few comments on forums like these.

The club... eh Dont make me laugh.

What will they do to address this. Add another full stop after the status quo cannot continue. Maybe said in an angry voice this time.

We have stopped the physical game buy going up there and playing football. Get ball on the deck and pass with pace and accuracy. Don’t get drawn into the game we played this week.

We got our tactics wrong and paid the price for it.

And this is why Scottish football will always be a backwater.

Blood and snotters valued over technique and athleticism.

Any other European league and Aberdeen finish with 8 men.
It’s also the reason so many people watch football in Scotland and give us crowds 3 times that of any comparable nation

It’s also the reason so many people watch football in Scotland and give us crowds 3 times that of any comparable nation

So you're genuinely happy with the state of football in Scotland?

Constant 10 men behind the ball, fouling and time wasting?

Opposition being allowed 6 fouls each before even being spoken to by the refs?

Genuine question, would you watch any game of Scottish football apart from us if there was a game on in any other comparable league?

Back