It's time to put the other teams to the sword.

We are getting the new players and the injured (katic apart) into the team at the right time. We know we can deal with the beggars if we are professional again. Between now and then we need to work on beating the 'low block' 10 behind the ball. This is where Roofe, Itten and Zungu come in, they are unknown quantities with different skills than we have.

Everything from here on in is about winning the games, f all else. We'll play good football at times but we need to work on getting 2 goals (at least) against the killie's then if need be revert to how we play in Europe/beggars. I say 2 goals as I dont think i'd cope with loads of 1-0 games! :D

Our next 4 league games until December should all be winnable, though Aberdeen and Killie will try make it tricky for us.

Livingston (H), Kilmarnock (A), Hamilton (H), Aberdeen (H)

Meanwhile they've only 3 games due to one being postponed.

Aberdeen (A), Motherwell (A), Hibs (A)

We have an opportunity to put the pressure on them with games in hand minimum, but I can see them definitely dropping points in there at least once.

We could possibly enter December with a 9 point lead (even if they've got games in hand) and the pressure all on them.

Game at a time of course though.

Our next 4 league games until December should all be winnable, though Aberdeen and Killie will try make it tricky for us.

We have an opportunity to put the pressure on them with games in hand minimum, but I can see them definitely dropping points in there at least once.

We could possibly enter December with a 9 point lead (even if they've got games in hand) and the pressure all on them.

We need to get 12 points, as even if they get 9 they,as you say, are going to be further behind. If they get to the final they wont get to play any of the games in hand till next year. That will helo with the pressure.

If they do get to the SC final do they have to cancel another game or is it a free weekend?

I'm confident we'll get at least a win and a draw from the remaining 3 games against them. On that basis we really can only lose it for ourselves if we give away too many points to inferior teams. It will be 100% all about the attitude we bring into matches.
I would be disappointed with that return. I expect at least 5-6 minimum from the 3 games.

We reach the first quarter having played away to Aberdeen, Hibs and the scum.

Thats probably our three toughest games on paper. Took seven points, should have been nine if the linesman does his job.

The Livingston performance was poor and even then Kent could have won it late on.

Thats a tough run of fixtures for them tbh. Cant see them collecting full points there.

Ooft that is an inviting set of fixtures for us. One game at a time and concentrate on just our results. If we keep winning they will drop more points

In all these games we’ll encounter the same problem, but a world apart from our games against the tims and those in Europe where we can hit on the counter. Instead we’ll experience a parked bus. This should allow us to commit players far more forward in a high press, strangling them almost in their own box. We’ll also have to load the box to increase the odds of it breaking to one of our players and be prepared to shoot from outside it. I’d also like to see our players drive into the box committing defenders by taking men on , one two’s, and cutbacks after getting to the byeline. I think we must avoid falling into the trap of allowing Borna and Tav to be funnelled out wide all the time hitting high hopeful crosses all day into an unloaded box. This is where we end up going wrong against the wee teams. Hopefully we can adapt our play a little. What worked against the tims won’t necessarily work against Livingston. I hope lessons have been learned.

I would be disappointed with that return. I expect at least 5-6 minimum from the 3 games.
Yes would like to think we will get more also. However my point was given that as a minimum they won't be catching us by any on they games therefore it is up to us whether we win the league or not against the other teams.

In all these games we’ll encounter the same problem, but a world apart from our games against the tims and those in Europe where we can hit on the counter. Instead we’ll experience a parked bus. This should allow us to commit players far more forward in a high press, strangling them almost in their own box. We’ll also have to load the box to increase the odds of it breaking to one of our players and be prepared to shoot from outside it. I’d also like to see our players drive into the box committing defenders by taking men on , one two’s, and cutbacks after getting to the byeline. I think we must avoid falling into the trap of allowing Borna and Tav to be funnelled out wide all the time hitting high hopeful crosses all day into an unloaded box. This is where we end up going wrong against the wee teams. Hopefully we can adapt our play a little. What worked against the tims won’t necessarily work against Livingston. I hope lessons have been learned.
Absolutely. Sometimes you need to go through the middle, which involves pressure on the defence.

For me the upcoming games are why I'm delighted to have Aribo back. He has that little bit of creativity that can make the difference in those kind of games!

Agree Gaz, if we can win the next 4 on top of the 3 since Hibs I’ll be a lot more confident, as it’s a string of results we’ve not managed to do when it matters.

Firstly I’d stop referring to them as diddy teams. These teams although don’t have a lot of quality can setup to be difficult to beat , only last season Hamilton beat us at Ibrox. Kilmarnock , Livi , Aberdeen , Hibs have all caused us issues including some this season. We need to be up for every game and take nothing for granted , we can’t just turn to and expect 3 points off anybody.

Thats a tough run of fixtures for them tbh. Cant see them collecting full points there.
I can, last time we beat them they went on a long winning run in the league, same thing when they dropped points earlier this season, we have to assume they’ll do the same thing again and need to keep winning our games.

One game at a time, I’m happy with a comfortable 3 points in each game. Getting the win is the important thing, there may be higher scoring games especially at Ibrox, but we’re fighting on a lot of fronts so my preference would be to put a game to bed early and use the squad.

I'm confident we'll get at least a win and a draw from the remaining 3 games against them. On that basis we really can only lose it for ourselves if we give away too many points to inferior teams. It will be 100% all about the attitude we bring into matches.

With respect - predicting the outcomes of the next 3 games against them is idiotic - one of which might be 6 months away.

We should be aiming to blow teams away in the first 15 minutes of every game , we score early and I don’t mean just 1 (as that is never enough ) , it screws Any game plan they had , and the game becomes easy

The longer the game goes at 0-0 or 1-0 then anything can happen

While I agree with the OP I cant read that title and not think about that Impossible Dream now....

Hopefully that result gives us a bit more confidence because at times that is what we are lacking. We need belief in those tight games where one goal settles it

Back