Itten and Bacuna

Bacuna will be gone in the summer, imo.

As will Itten actually.

Don’t see either playing with the tempo or aggression needed to be successful in their respective positions.

Bacuna looks like he has a nice weight of pass, but I don’t see where he fits.

I don’t see him being mobile enough to play in the middle and I don’t think he’s the right fit for our 10.
I agree.
Sadly not the answer.

We need better.

Agreed thought Bacuna looked lazy at times on Friday where he had the chance to shine against poorer opposition who also didn't be over physical.

Itten will be a bit player where we need to change approach I reckon.
Bacuna reminded me of the guy you played fives with who believes he a cut above and wants an extra touch to prove it.
But it doesn’t convince.
Pity, hoped he’d provide more.

Bacuna has made a total of 3 starts so not sure how we can make a full assessment yet. Although surely starts against Livingston and Ross Co. will show if he has something to offer.

Cedric hopefully can take guidance from the new coaching regime, but don’t see him improving his numbers without a run of games.

IMO if we are going to sign squad fillers this month, and not genuine first picks, I’d sooner give these 2 an opportunity.

Don’t think either has had enough game time for us to form a definitive opinion on what they can bring tbh

Bacuna has made a total of 3 starts so not sure how we can make a full assessment yet. Although surely starts against Livingston and Ross Co. will show if he has something to offer.

Cedric hopefully can take guidance from the new coaching regime, but don’t see him improving his numbers without a run of games.

IMO if we are going to sign squad fillers this month, and not genuine first picks, I’d sooner give these 2 an opportunity.

That is probably what offers the assessment TBF

For me the jury's still out on both of them

But maintaining the courtroom theme - neither have had much chance to build their case - or show enough evidence to the jury yet

I know Itten has had spells in the squad already - but I'm still none the wiser as to his full capabilities
Sporadic appearances - mostly as a sub - in a different system - hasn't given me enough of a clue as to how he'll now fair under Gio's instructions -
I agree with the OP in that CI is a different style of striker than we currently have & I can see him being more effective against certain opponents
I also think he'd improve if he was used more than he has & was able to build up some consistency

My first impressions of Bacuna has left me disappointed he isn't involved more
I was a bit concerned he was hiding
I don't think that's true - but I'd prefer him to have more of the ball
He's shown some great touches in flashes - But again he hasn't had enough appearances yet for me to make an informed opinion

I've got hopes for both of them & expect improvements from here on in

Both are god awful. Punt them in the summer. Itten is cart horse. No pace, can’t turn quickly and doesn’t even appear to be all that strong for a bigger forward. Bacuna is an English championship level show pony who is a colossal step down from the likes of Steven Davis. Put a case up for them to play against Albion last week but against much weaker opposition they did not give me any confidence they’ll improve.

Last edited:
Both are god awful. Punt them in the summer. Itten is cart horse. No pace, can’t turn quickly and doesn’t even appear to be all that strong for a bigger forward. Bacuna is an English championship level show pony who is a colossal step down from the likes of Steven Davis. Put a case up for them to play against Albion last week but against much weaker opposition they did not give me any confidence they’ll improve.
God awful ? Bit OTT mate? Premature atleast.

I know many on here arn't Smitten with Itten and would gladly send Bacuna Back, but they were both given a chance to impress against Stirling and for me took their opportunity well.

Bacuna with 2 good assists (a no look side foot to lowry and inch perfect through ball to fashion) but I remember him busting a gut to get back and push the opposition out wide when they were on the counter from a corner - things we all like to see!

Cedric on the other hand could have had a hattrick but for some good saves, blocks, and blatent shirt pulls, but his overall game was good too with some lovely hold up play, the odd creative flick and generally being a nightmare to the (admittedly significantly poorer) opposition.

Whilst wee Alex rightly got the plaudits at the weekend, I thought it fair to give credit where it is due to 2 players who often get more of the rough than the smooth in here.

Well done lads!
I really hope they can become top players for us and they might get the opportunity to do that in the next few weeks.

Bacuna seems to have become a player overnight , not quite sure when this happened but it can’t have been in the Stirling Albion game I watched.

I can definitely see Itten having a chance if he can build up some confidence. He is clearly an excellent finisher.

Bacuna has talent but doesn’t look like fulfilling it (probably why he ended up here) - just wish we had used the Lundstram and Bacuna money on one better player.

Neither has convinced that they are Rangers standard. To my mind, they are no more than bit-part squad players. This season's title is way too important to persist with the notion that they can be potential starters (other than in an injury crisis).

I can't see more than an occasional run out against poor opposition to maintain a semblance of fitness and put them in the shop window. Hopefully gone in the summer.

I know many on here arn't Smitten with Itten and would gladly send Bacuna Back, but they were both given a chance to impress against Stirling and for me took their opportunity well.

Bacuna with 2 good assists (a no look side foot to lowry and inch perfect through ball to fashion) but I remember him busting a gut to get back and push the opposition out wide when they were on the counter from a corner - things we all like to see!

Cedric on the other hand could have had a hattrick but for some good saves, blocks, and blatent shirt pulls, but his overall game was good too with some lovely hold up play, the odd creative flick and generally being a nightmare to the (admittedly significantly poorer) opposition.

Whilst wee Alex rightly got the plaudits at the weekend, I thought it fair to give credit where it is due to 2 players who often get more of the rough than the smooth in here.

Well done lads!
I haven't given up on Itten like many have, Bacuna has value to the squad if he is able to jump into games against lower sides the way he did fairly well against Stirling.

Bacuna was lazy a few times in the first half against Stirling Albion.
He improved markedly in the second half but they also tired which allowed to him a little bit more space and time.

Bacuna like any player will be written off by most Rnagers fans, without getting a proper chance.
He needs a run of games if he's to really show what he can do
Reminds me of Tugay and Buffel, both remembered more fondly than they were spoken of at the time, both bloody good players

Let's see what Makaay can do with Itten, big opportunity for him these next few games. Bigger issues needing addressed elsewhere in the squad.

Bacuna, enigmatic and inconsistent for deliver for us.

I think we need to give both a chance. In this period we need all hands to the pump. If they don,t rise to the challenge, thats the time to reasses them.

Dont know what game people were watching but bacuna was terrible and thats against lower league opposition, these are the games he should be showing hes better but instead was poor

I think he has a lazy/laid back style. It’s only a style, but I don’t think it helps endear himself to the fans.

RDB had it, but he was a player. :)

I'm not bothered about style if he can actually find a teammate with a pass which he struggled to do in that 1st half

We all want our players to succeed. But I don't know if he was trying too hard on Friday, but the effort from Itten in the first half, when he missed from inside the six yard box was a shocker.

He should be smashing chances like that.

Bacuna for me started very slowly but came onto a game. Whether that was due to part time opposition tiring, I don't know.

The thing is since we signed Kent in 2019 the vast majority have been squad fillers.

Take out Roofe, Hagi and Bassey this season.

We’re left with:
McLaughlin
Defoe
Balogun
Itten
Zungu
Simpson
Wright
Sakala
Lundstram
Bacuna.

We really need to add quality to our starting 11, I know it’s not as easy as it is written done but I think it’s clear we’re needing something fresh in the 11 at times.

The thing is since we signed Kent in 2019 the vast majority have been squad fillers.

Take out Roofe, Hagi and Bassey this season.

We’re left with:
McLaughlin
Defoe
Balogun
Itten
Zungu
Simpson
Wright
Sakala
Lundstram
Bacuna.

We really need to add quality to our starting 11, I know it’s not as easy as it is written done but I think it’s clear we’re needing something fresh in the 11 at times.

I agree.

We need a real injection of quality again.

Guessing Lundstram was meant to be that, but clearly isn’t going to do that.

That’s why I think we need a decent signing now. RW, who really moves us forward.

I agree.

We need a real injection of quality again.

Guessing Lundstram was meant to be that, but clearly isn’t going to do that.

That’s why I think we need a decent signing now. RW, who really moves us forward.
I think RW is most important as well think we’re really lacking on that side and have been for a wee while now, ideally an attacking midfielder would be ideal as well

A lot of folk talk about Bacuna's lazyness and his body language does suggest that at times. But you can tell there is a quality player in there

I genuinely think Bacuna just needs one really good game, something to connect him with the fans and get him playing for something. After that I reckon he would boss his way into the starting 11.

Thought they were both pretty shite tbh. Bacuna's first 'assist' was all about Lowry and his 2nd came in the 86th minute when the part timers were well out of gas and space opened up.

At times Itten looked like he'd never played the game.

Can't see either getting a sniff if Roofe and Arfield are available.

Well done lads!
I like itten. Big potential if he played to his strengths. Bacuna im still not so sure about but then again i slaughtered barasic and look how he turned out after he settled

Back