Itten set for debut ,Roofe and Allan McGregor to miss St Mirren game, daily record

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think tomorrow will be a tough game St Boo are better than most of the SPL dross at the back

I think tomorrow will be a tough game St Boo are better than most of the SPL dross at the back
Agree, the game in Jan/Feb was a bit of a struggle. If we play at a tempo then we'll win but if we play at a pedestrian pace, they'll have a decent shape.

Aye against the mighty
Three in a six goal win. Good research by that writer.
I think If that's true he'd have started against Leverkusen in a nothing tie rather than an important game where 3 points is essential...
McGregor has been outstanding for us 99.9% of the time so I've no real issues with him but do realise that he's getting older in a contract sport so perhaps two games in a week doesn't suit him?

McGregor has the distribution of a low level championship goal keeper. That’s what has stopped him going to the very top throughout his career
What is the very top?
I thought winning leagues with Rangers would have been just that.
Other than that, your post is utter tripe.

As good a keeper that Alan McGregor can be - his distribution is abysmal. Jon McLauchlan has a chance here to steal a march on Greeg’s.
Don’t you think the absolute number one quality in a goalkeeper would be shot stopping?
More than that maybe, having the concentration levels to be able to make that one stop when you’ve been idle for the best part of the game?
Using your critique, Stefan Klos would never have got games for us.

doubts over Filip Helander, Steven Davis and Ross McCrorie while Jermain Defoe remains injured

Rangers could hand a debut to Cedric Itten on Sunday but Ibrox fans may have to wait a while longer to see Kemar Roofe in action.

Steven Gerrard signed the pair earlier this week with Itten coming off the back of an impressive end of the season with St Gallen, while Roofe hasn't played in 2020.

And the Ibrox gaffer admits it is likely to only be Itten who plays against St Mirren at Ibrox on Sunday afternoon.

Itten is up to speed having only just wrapped up his Swiss league duties, blasting four goals in a 7-0 final-day drubbing of Neuchatel Xamax last Friday.

But Roofe has not featured since injuring his calf while playing for Anderlecht back in December and needs time to build up his sharpness.

"But as for Kemar, we're monitoring his situation as the game might come a little bit too soon. He still needs a bit of conditioning.

"I'd say he is still a week to 10 days behind the squad in terms of general fitness.

"We'll continue to speed him up but St Mirren might be a bit early."

And Gerrard admits he may also have to hand new goalkeeper Jon McLaughlin a competitive debut against the Buddies with number one Allan McGregor struggling after Rangers' defeat to Bayer Leverkusen in Germany.

Giving a fitness round up, Gerrard said: "Allan McGregor is a doubt for the weekend. He's going to be looked at by the medical team and we will make a decision in the next 24 hours.

"Filip Helander has played his first game for a long time so we'll have to see how he recovers.

"The same goes for Steven Davis coming back from his Achilles injury, so we'll monitor those two over the next 24 to 48 hours, but I predict they will be OK for Sunday.

"Jermain Defoe still isn't ready, while Ross McCrorie has had a wee bit of a knock in training that we will assess."
Doesn’t want to make the same mistake as last year with Kent the problem bringing players in once the season has started is it can take weeks to get them up to speed

Looking forward to seeing what Itten can do for us. Hopefully gets a good run out as he should be match sharp as their league just finished (novel concept that is).

I’m really looking forwArd to see how we play as a team without alfie. I think having Itten and roofe along with kent, hagi and Aribo as attacking options will make us far more potent as a team.

also, a prediction for the year. McLaughlin will finish the season as number one. Just a hunch.

I think Gerrard might be fed up with McGregors distribution and wants to try McLaughlin
Oh ffs, another one who want's to look beyond the fact that McGregor has probably pulled a muscle in his lower back by saying Gerrard has a problem with him. Amazing the amount of people that quote things without knowing anything. If McGregor is fit he plays, unfit then McLaughlin steps in.

Shagger has been great for us over his 2 spells but his distribution is very poor and as the game has advanced he’s been exposed quite a bit with that side of the game. McLaughlin I’ve been very impressed with this far and as well as improved distribution his command of his box when the ball is in the air has been a strength.

100% - we need 4 good choices for that position to meet the rigours of a full season.
Hopefully we sell Morelos for good money then bring in Josh Maja and Bongani Zungu then hopefully a suprise or two late in the window

Genuinely excited by what Itten and eventually Roofe can bring.

Our forward line needs an overhaul. Morelos has become very stale.

I wish him well on his move, but I think we will actually be better as an attacking unit without him.

Genuinely excited by what Itten and eventually Roofe can bring.

Our forward line needs an overhaul. Morelos has become very stale.

I wish him well on his move, but I think we will actually be better as an attacking unit without him.

What I find interesting is how will this change our captian's role.Going forward especially.
Will he still be charging down the wing? and if so will he be able to cross for Itten's head instead of just trying to cross for Morelos to run in behind the defenders?
Tbc

McLaughlin
Tavernier Goldson Balogun Barisic
Arfield Davis
Aribo Hagi Kent
Itten​

That’s what I’d like to see. Won’t happen though. Just hope we go at them right out the traps and break them down.

Roofe and Helander both need to be introduced slowly and carefully imo.

If Itten picks up where he left off, we will be more than ok giving Roofe the time he needs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back