Itten to make debut sunday, too soon for Roofe

Status
Not open for further replies.

What's the story

I was hoping to see both. Seems a lack of general fitness rather than injury keeping Roofe out. 7-10 days behind rest of squad in terms of fitness.

Morelos dropping to bench do we think?

I was hoping to see both. Seems a lack of general fitness rather than injury keeping Roofe out. 7-10 days behind rest of squad in terms of fitness.

That’s exactly what I expected in truth. Only question now is whether Alfie starts and Cedric comes on, or vice versa. I suspect the latter.

Roofe hasn’t played since 27th December by the looks of it so he’s probably a while away from starting

Hopefully he is away by then.

If he's still here then he'll be on the bench until Roofe is ready. I don't see him kicking another ball for us.

As far as short term and 3 points go this should be win win for us.
Morelos starts knowing Itten is on the bench, give the fans the goals and effort they deserve or Itten comes on, or Itten stsrts and notches and an angry benched Morelos doesn't get on OR an angry benched Morelos comes on to prove a point. Any which way let's take these cunts to the sword and leave the fairground in the distance...3 points and move onto the next game

Have a good feeling about Itten. Great debut game for him and hopefully a goal or 2 to settle him in.

Baby steps with Roofe please.

Zero competitive minutes in 2020, expectations need to be realistic.
Assuming Roofe had a thorough medical before we signed him and he doesn’t have any injury issues I think it’s more like four to six weeks before he’s match fit

He has had a problem with his calf since the 2019 league play off semi final second leg that he missed.

He returned to training and hurt his ankle.

I think it was a calf injury that kept him out whilst at Anderlecht.

Hopefully he is away by then.

If he's still here then he'll be on the bench until Roofe is ready. I don't see him kicking another ball for us.
You know when the manager is saying his heads been turned that's pretty much it for his time here you'd assume. Unless we're hit with some mental injuries.

Gerrard says Roofe is like 7 days behind our guys in terms of fitness, so not too far away.

I feel like his lack of fitness is being exaggerated.

As above, he played and scored for Anderlecht a matter of weeks ago. This weekend too soon for him, but he'll be starting for us soon enough.

I wouldnt be upset if Morelos didnt even get stripped today (tomorrow).

His self entitled half arsed performances are wearing too thin on me now.

He is a great player, a hero to many of our young team, e very time he goes out there and phones it in is an affront to everyone who has supported him 1000 percent since he joined.

Had nothing but support from us. Ruining his good standing every minute he is on the park the now.

Last edited:
I wouldnt be upset if Morelos didnt even get stripped today.

He is a great player, a hero to many of our young team, e very time he goes out there and phones it in is an affront to everyone who has supported him 1000 percent since he joined.

Had nothing but support from us. Ruining his good standing every minute he is on the park the now.
Given we don’t play until tomorrow I’d be very surprised if Alfie got stripped today! :))

I wouldnt be upset if Morelos didnt even get stripped today.

I would imagine Gerrard's patience has worn thin too. The sooner he leaves the better for all concerned

Excited to see Itten and Roofe in a Rangers jersey.Hopefully exciting times and goals galore ahead.

I don’t think he has any, it’s lack of pre season so not at match fitness I think. Or at least I hope!

I'm thinking this also, so perhaps see him for the last 20 minutes, if the game is sown up? Help with the fitness.

Or do we take it very easy with any introduction of him?

I'm thinking this also, so perhaps see him for the last 20 minutes, if the game is sown up? Help with the fitness.

Or do we take it very easy with any introduction of him?

No point rushing it if the games won. He’s not injured but may as well take the time with him.

You’d think there would be a youngster that could come on for the last few minutes but with Dapo and Kennedy seemingly out of favour, don’t think we have any young forwards that are remotely close to the squad.

Itten should start.

If Morelos is still here on Sunday I'm not sure I'd even have him on the bench tbh. His head has clearly been turned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back