Itten

My front 3 next week would, if all fit, be Barker, Itten and Jones.

2 out of they 3 have played loads of football on plastic pitches and Barker has the pace we need to get in behind them.

If we move the ball quickly from midfield to forwards, these 3 could have a field day

Barker played for Hibs and ourselves, how exactly has he played loads of football on plastic pitches?

I don’t know where you’re getting this 20 games chat from? I never mentioned how many games I needed so you’ve just made that up to suit your own argument.

There you go again, making a definitive statement about Itten’s ability when you’ve already stated that you’ve barely seen him play.

Fair play though, looks like you’ll be wanting a Rangers player to do poorly so you can validate your nonsensical opinion on this forum.

Very weird behaviour.
Let’s be clear on something.

I said Itten will need to improve. Just like every other squad player will need to to break into the first XI

I did say I was looking forward to seeing him next season after a year under his belt.

After he’s had time to settle in and after he’s had a year of working with the coaches.

Stop being a complete prick about it when you know exactly what I meant.

Let’s be clear on something.

I said Itten will need to improve. Just like every other squad player will need to to break into the first XI

I did say I was looking forward to seeing him next season after a year under his belt.

After he’s had time to settle in and after he’s had a year of working with the coaches.

Stop being a complete prick about it when you know exactly what I meant.

I’m literally just countering your own words that you are using in your own posts.

I haven’t made my mind up on Itten because I haven’t seen nearly enough of him.

However, you have a definitive opinion on a player that you’ve seen very little of actually playing football. That makes absolutely no sense to me.

You clearly want to be right and you being right would mean Itten not doing well in his first season at Rangers, it’s a weird mentality to have but you do you.

I like the look of him

But giving him 15-20 every other week is no use.

He needs a run of games and IMO deserves a run given the form of Morelos at present

I’m literally just countering your own words that you are using in your own posts.

I haven’t made my mind up on Itten because I haven’t seen nearly enough of him.

However, you have a definitive opinion on a player that you’ve seen very little of actually playing football. That makes absolutely no sense to me.

You clearly want to be right and you being right would mean Itten not doing well in his first season at Rangers, it’s a weird mentality to have but you do you.
Having read through your previous posts - I can’t take you seriously.

You say that both you and I can’t judge Itten after only 8 games, but literally a few weeks ago you liked a post that said “What Gerrard sees in Barker is an utter mystery”

At that point, Barker had played 11 or 12 games for Rangers.

Please answer me this - why can you judge Barker after 11 or 12 Rangers games, but you’re ridiculing me for judging Itten after 8?

Do as I say, not as I do.

Last edited:
Just to confirm @DelPiero

DelPiero reacted to Teddyjohn's post in the thread Europa League Squad Confirmed with Like.
What Gerrard sees in Barker is an utter mystery.

Barker is only a few months older than Itten.

Barker has played a little over 500 minutes for Rangers. Whilst Itten has played somewhere near 300.

You say I am completely wrong for judging Itten, and how I am speaking makes me want him to fail.

So surely, by your own words & activity on this board, do you now want Barker to fail to back up your opinion?

I really look forward to your reply.

I love how different the four strikers that we have are. It allows us to have real variation up front and I see Itten chipping in with some goals this season. Think he'll be main striker next season

Barker played for Hibs and ourselves, how exactly has he played loads of football on plastic pitches?

The 2 out of the 3 are as follows:

Itten - plastic pitches in Switzerland.
Jones - plastic pitch at Kilmarnock.

Barker has the pace to get behind their defence.

I hope that clarifies my post.

This is an absolutley mental shout mate

All opinions respected and no offence taken.

Given how we've struggled on plastic pitches, Kilmarnock have narrowed Rugby Park to accommodate the slowing down of Power and Dicker, what would your top line be

Genuinely just curious.

Just to confirm @DelPiero

DelPiero reacted to Teddyjohn's post in the thread Europa League Squad Confirmed with Like.
What Gerrard sees in Barker is an utter mystery.

Barker is only a few months older than Itten.

Barker has played a little over 500 minutes for Rangers. Whilst Itten has played somewhere near 300.

You say I am completely wrong for judging Itten, and how I am speaking makes me want him to fail.

So surely, by your own words & activity on this board, do you now want Barker to fail to back up your opinion?

I really look forward to your reply.

I’ve seen Barker play for Rangers, Hibs, Rotherham & NAC Breda.

Multiple times, in the flesh, for a variety of clubs.

That’s why I don’t see what Gerrard sees in him.

However, I am more than willing to give him a chance if he keeps getting games for us.

Never have I suggested I would return to threads to check up on posters who ever disagreed with me on Barker, see the difference there?

Hope that reply was worth the wait.

The 2 out of the 3 are as follows:

Itten - plastic pitches in Switzerland.
Jones - plastic pitch at Kilmarnock.

Barker has the pace to get behind their defence.

I hope that clarifies my post.

Kent has the pace to get behind their defence, I think i'd stick to our strongest possible front three given the importance of the match.

Kent has the pace to get behind their defence, I think i'd stick to our strongest possible front three given the importance of the match.
There's no way I can argue against the importance of the match, it's the state of the pitch and any subsequent injury that made me structure the front 3 the way I did.

All in the hope that they're desperate to prove their worth.

I think once he feels settled he will be a big contributor to the team. He has something about him that I like but I’m not sure exactly what it is, he just seems to be a split second off at the moment, but that is solved by playing regular games.

I’ve seen Barker play for Rangers, Hibs, Rotherham & NAC Breda.

Multiple times, in the flesh, for a variety of clubs.

That’s why I don’t see what Gerrard sees in him.

However, I am more than willing to give him a chance if he keeps getting games for us.

Never have I suggested I would return to threads to check up on posters who ever disagreed with me on Barker, see the difference there?

Hope that reply was worth the wait.
How convenient.

Looks to be a good player in the little that he has been seen. Injury held him up similar to Roofe.

Apart from THAT strike , Roofe has done little in a Rangers jersey either due to injury.

Both players need time to settle. Judge them at the end of the season.

Likewise with Barker pal.

All you found was a post where I stated I wasn’t sure what Gerrard saw in him.

I didn’t hit out with misguided opinions on a player I had barely seen, your words, and I didn’t state that I would be back to check on the thread if I got it wrong.

If you go back far enough in my post history you’ll also see I’ve praised Barker when he’s done alright for us.

You’re comparing apples to oranges because you’ve got absolutely nothing in your argument regarding Itten and you haven’t had since your first post in the thread.

All you found was a post where I stated I wasn’t sure what Gerrard saw in him.

I didn’t hit out with misguided opinions on a player I had barely seen, your words, and I didn’t state that I would be back to check on the thread if I got it wrong.

You’re comparing apples to oranges because you’ve got absolutely nothing in your argument regarding Itten and you haven’t had since your first post in the thread.
Your argument is null and void, and you know it.

You’ve spent hours hammering me saying I was wrong to judge a Rangers player after only 300 minutes, but then I find out you did the same to another Rangers player literally a couple of weeks ago.

The only difference is, I actually supported Itten and said I think he can come good after a season under his belt and the right coaching. By your activity you’ve totally written off Barker after only 200 minutes more.

Like I said previously, you were a prick about the whole argument, and your activity only proves it.

Also, imagine saying that you have seen Barker play for NAC Breda. Some laugh.

I’m not patronising you for having a different opinion.

I’m simply highlighting how ridiculous it is for you to form that opinion based on the words you wrote yourself earlier in the thread.
I don’t think you understand what the word ridiculous means. But given you are Italian and English isn’t your first language, will let you off.

You’ve spent hours hammering me saying I was wrong to judge a Rangers player after only 300 minutes, but then I find out you did the same to another Rangers player literally a couple of weeks ago.

The only difference is, I actually supported Itten and said I think he can come good after a season under his belt and the right coaching. By your activity you’ve totally written off Barker after only 200 minutes more.

Like I said previously, you were a prick about the whole argument, and your activity only proves it.

I said I wasn’t sure what Gerrard saw in Barker.

You’ve written Itten off on this thread, for this season at the very least, whilst admitting you’ve barely seen him play.

I like how you’ve resorted to calling me a prick to further your argument.

Whether you believe me or not, I’ve seen him play for all the clubs I’ve mentioned.

I said I wasn’t sure what Gerrard saw in Barker.

You’ve written Itten off on this thread whilst admitting you’ve barely seen him play.

I like how you’ve resorted to calling me a prick to further your argument.

Whether you believe me or not, I’ve seen him play for all the clubs I’ve mentioned.
One wonders how whilst watching Rangers, Man City, Hibs, Rotherham and NAC Breda you find the time to post so much shite on this forum.

And again, just to be clear, I have never written off Itten. Read through my posts.

As I have said numerous times - I look forward to seeing him next year when he’s had chance to settle in and had a year of coaching.

You however have clearly wrote off Barker. Which is weird considering the hammering you have gave me this evening.

Looks to be a good player in the little that he has been seen. Injury held him up similar to Roofe.

Apart from THAT strike , Roofe has done little in a Rangers jersey either due to injury.

Both players need time to settle. Judge them at the end of the season.

I think Itten will be a key player for us. Neat feet for a big man, quite pacy, decent in the air and a right peg that can fair crack a ball.

One wonders how whilst watching Rangers, Man City, Hibs, Rotherham and NAC Breda you find the time to post so much shite on this forum.

And again, just to be clear, I have never written off Itten. Read through my posts.

As I have said numerous times - I look forward to seeing him next year when he’s had chance to settle in and had a year of coaching.

You however have clearly wrote off Barker. Which is weird considering the hammering you have gave me this evening.

I didn’t say I watched him at Man City so you’ve made that one up as well.

It’s also something I’ve been able to do through personal circumstance, it’s not exactly difficult to travel to England or Holland anyway.

What I post obviously wasn’t too shite as you decided to go and read my posts on other subjects.

You’ve taken one stand alone post regarding Brandon Barker to be me writing him off, I don’t think he’s good enough for Rangers but that’s based on me actually seeing him play football.

We keep coming back to this so maybe it’ll sink in given it was you that posted, you’ve posted a fairly definitive opinion on Itten with nothing to back it up and your own admittance of not seeing him play.

Your original post was a total contradiction, as has been pointed out by other posters other than myself.

That’s the difference between my opinion on Barker and your opinion on Itten. It’s fairly easy to differentiate.

Last edited:
I'm extremely impressed with our squad depth right now and the different attributes each striker brings.

Encouraging on a number of different levels
What I really like, is, possibly, because we’re not signing massive names, the players we do sign seem really content to just play bit parts,as the gaffer dictates, but also trying to prove themselves, when their chances come around.Gerrard is obviously a grandmaster at keeping theplayers on the sidelines, happy and wanted

Itten is likely getting primed for being the permanent and viable long term replacement for Alfie. He's not featuring massively atm but he's working in training everyday with the coaches and around guys like Defoe/Roofe/Alfie. No doubt in my mind he'll improve being in that environment. We already know from his time in Switzerland he's got the makings of a good striker. Not likely to be as much of a force of nature as Alfie is on top form but he can absolutely develop into a clinical and well rounded striker. Physically he's big and strong. He's got a good first touch and his movement both on and off the ball looks good as well. Shifts quite quickly for a big fella too. A season working within our system and adapting to life/football in Scotland, while not being foisted into the position of being the main goal getter will do him the world of good.

People are forgetting last season was only just his breakout season for St Gallen, after a series of loan spells after breaking through at Basel. He could very well start coming good in the run in of this season, as the fixture list gets more and more congested. Possibly even before then, but my point is, we aren't in a major rush and he's got time to prove himself, whilst acclimatising.

Its bizzare to me to see someone putting the amount of energy as you have into this thread, casting doubt over a new signing who's had very little game time so far. Nobody can judge him yet, either way. The boy is a full Swiss international, and is just off the back of an extremely impressive break through season in a league on par with our own quality wise. He absolutely has something about him.

Back