J Jones, J Hastie and G Stewart. All came with little to no excitement behind them. Who will suprise us and why?

What's the story

Just as title suggests.

3 players signed, we've known about them for a while and I think it's fair to say none of them have came with a massive wave of excitement for a variety of reasons. This is by no means a knock on any of them, plenty have came with no fanfare and been superb.

Just wondering what people are expecting from the latest batch of signings.

Thoughts?

All of them will score winning goals for us this season. End of season, they’ll have been pivotal in securing 55. Stewart will be the real surprise and chip in with 10 goals minimum.

Jones is a better player than a lot of people think.
Watch him play for his country and he is a top player

Hastie will go out on loan, Stewart won’t make most squads and Jones will see very little game time.

Let’s be honest; Ojo, Kent and Murphy will all be ahead of them. Fourth option will probably be to revert to the tree with Arfield.

Everyone will see action, but I don’t think any of these three will see enough to really shock us.

I have a feeling Jones will be electric. Hastie will most likely go out on loan, which is ideal for his continued development and will benefit us in the long term. I think Stewart will surprise a few, he’ll do the job he’s been brought in to do very adequately.

I’m optimistic about all three!

Hastie will go on load, other two will do well when called on.

Both of something offer off the bench or rotated in at home vs the lower end teams.

They bring the level of squad up and both in via cheap transfers

Hastie will go out on loan, Stewart won’t make most squads and Jones will see very little game time.

Let’s be honest; Ojo, Kent and Murphy will all be ahead of them. Fourth option will probably be to revert to the tree with Arfield.

Everyone will see action, but I don’t think any of these three will see enough to really shock us.
Would you make Hasties loan a full season or just till Xmas?
I would make it Xmas at a hopefully decent level then bring him.back

Hastie one for the(very near) future potentially.

Stewart and Jones will play their part in our league winning squad.

And you can take that to the bank!

I'll be very interested to see how Hastie starts. Age and experience wise, it seems a loan is a no-brainer. However, he was considered every bit the prospect that Turnbull was, until Murderwell benched him. Turnbull's away to an EPL team, so a fast start by Hastie might see him sticking around for a while.

All three offer something different, Jones is creative, Hastie has pace and power, Stewart is a goalscorer, they have all stood out in their respective teams if they can step up in class they will be an asset if not we have nothing to lose, out of these players I think Jones is the one that will contribute the most, we have to snap up the best free transfers available to add depth and free funds for quality signings.

I am most excited about Hastie, touted to go on loan but i think he may just earn his shot in the squad for next season and impress Gerrard.

If he goes on loan though it will only be good for his development.

I like how direct he is and i always love a left footer with a thunderbolt of a shot.

With the amount of doubt being thrown on Stewart he doesny really need to do much to exceed expectations. I’m expecting at least 5 goals from him

With the amount of doubt being thrown on Stewart, he doesn't really need to do much to exceed expectations. I’m expecting at least 5 goals from him

Agreed.

I suspect he will actually be the one who most pleasantly surprises us, as a result.

I also have a sneaking suspicion that Jones will not be as influential as many think he will.

I expect least from Stewart and so I guess he'd bet choice if he actually turns out to be quite good.

lets wait and see how they settle , no one should be guaranteed a start , clean slate and all that loads of options now both in formation and personnel , I Know we hear it time after time but the guys showing up in training , should be our starters .

Stewart purely because he has been the least applauded signing. I think he is in a better position to surprise us the most.

I think Jones will do fairly well and play 20-30 games over the season. I think Stewart will struggle for game time and I’ll be surprised if he features more than 15 tones. Hastie should go on loan.

everyone in that forward line will need to play at a standard week in week out if they dont they will be out the team jones and stewart bring with them a bit more depth to the squad and options if kent and airbro coming in we will be looking good hastie will go out on loan i think he will replace ojo next season

Will give us good depth to squad.
Can see Stewart doing well in an Arfield type role if Scotty's injured.
Hastie to be loaned back Murderwell.

We failed last season at unlocking ten-men-behind-the-ball set ups.

That led to daft draws and a couple of avoidable defeats, particularly against Aberdeen and Killie and took the pressure off the Filth after Christmas.

Each of those players has the potential to help us avoid those scenarios, as does Ojo.

Teams knew last season if they could keep Kent quiet, make Tav play in his own half and stop Arfield coming through the middle, Candeias wasn't a good enough quality crosser and we had nothing else to bother them from midfield.

With these 4, we now have options where we most need them.

They could all be bit part players in terms of minutes and yet vital to our season.

I think Stewart is most likely to raise a few eyebrows just because he has more avenues into the team and he could provide a spark against packed defended which was our biggest weakness last year

I think Stewart will prove a lot of doubters they were wrong. Easy double figures for goals and a lot of assists too.

Who will be leaving to make way for them, we will need a double decker?

All together now, get on board, get on board ..

.. one for the yoof

Back