Jaap Stam - Rangers kick you in half

RenfrewBear72

Feyenoord were themselves guilty of 2 of the more "robust" challenges imo........
That's even worse then I was at the game in sw mate so my views not ideal.
I just meant on the whole I didn't recall any flashpoints due to a bad tackle.
Really expected more from Stam.

Coisty09

Official Ticketer
I don't find it that bitter in all honesty, it is pretty fair and decent coaching reflection.
I agree as I think he is paying us a backhanded compliment in that we were more streetwise and physical.
I expect he was thinking of Alfie and Helander in particular!!

bluenosebazza

I agree as I think he is paying us a backhanded compliment in that we were more streetwise and physical.
His defender pulled Morelos down in the box then leapt on top of his knee while he was on the ground.

Morelos got booked for it.

rinosprayer

Or Arfield and big Connor who just plain took the guy out on the half way line on the 89th minute.

We’ve been crying out for a more streetwise Rangers for years. I’m happy.

Barrymoped

It’s amazing the amount of people who will read a headline and have a rant without actually listening to what was said.

Staam wasn’t having a go at us, he was critical of his own team for not matching our aggression.

True Blue Avenger

He didn't have a go at us.

He just said his team need to learn to play with more aggression in European football.
Fair enough, maybe should have read the article before I commented, should know better than to go with click-bait headlines from the assorted morons of our sport media.

Although still like my Kent based first line...

Ibroxkev

There wasn’t any real bad tackles from ourselves but there were a few fouls “For the team” towards the end of the game. Extremely frustrating if you are on the receiving end of them.

They still didn’t deserve anything from the game.

Arkanoid

Lost in translation I think, it's actually a compliment of our ability to combine skill and streetwise but not reported as such. Stam is an intelligent guy and as a former World class defender was probably jealous seeing the way Goldson 'took' a yellow to break up an attack at the death.

temperance

Coming from a man who booted everything in his way as a player (fantastic defender), and who probably won’t be in charge the next time we meet them.

Marcellus Wallace

I think there could be something lost in translation. The rest of Stam’s interview is about putting bodies on the line and appears to be a bit of a dig at his team and a complement to ours.

Tostao

There wasn't one 'bad' tackle the entire game :rolleyes:

There were a few niggles and a bit of pulling to breakup play but I don't recall 1 wreckless or nasty tackle.

Sour grapes, expected better from him.
Well aside from Goldson wiping some poor lady's front bottom out WWE style