Jaap Stam - Rangers kick you in half

Did anyone read the article? His quoted words reflect as a failing on their side to keep up with us rather than a snipe at us for playing aggressively.

I quite like that an opposition manager comes away from Ibrox moaning that it was too tough for his team.

He’s more than a bit cheeky given some of the snide tackles and kicks dishes out from his team last night though.

Never kicked anything in half but I'm glad he thinks we did. Look at the size of his players. Pussies.

For such a no nonsense centre back his teams arent half soft.

See his spell at Reading where he was sacked in the end, decent first campaign then wheels well and truely off. Every game Reading played they were well over 60% possesion with very little to show for it.

shut the f@ck up ya big girls blouse, your team got ripped apart in large spells ,and your players simply were not capable of stopping us ,

We have been lightweight, bottlers and whatever else for a few seasons now. I am glad we show grit and determination and legitimate fight.

He would hate playing against hammer throwing teams we face.

Their keeper has a bad case of sour grapes as well. Spouting some shite about them being our lord and master in the second half.
Legia fans felt the same mate. Long may they think they're lord and master. We'll concentrate on eliminating them and gathering the points.

they could've seen a lot more yellows
and their no 20 was on a shaky peg for getting a second one

Huh. If he's saying it as a compliment that we were willing to give everything, fair enough.

If he's saying we're a dirty team he's a bitter baldy helmet

Basically saying his team got bullied and were a bit naive on the night. If anything saying his team should have played more like us.

I don't find it that bitter in all honesty, it is pretty fair and decent coaching reflection.

I agree. I wouldn't say he comes across as especially negative about it, just saying his team need to be prepared to cope with a more physical game to play at that level.

More of a journalistic spin as you'd expect.

It's the classic chat when we play a decent European side - those rough and ready Scots!!

Last night was pretty tame, really. Nothing wrong with players using their strength or the odd pull back to stop a dangerous attack.

Aye no bother jaaps eye we will just stand off and let your team play the way they want .its a mans game ffs when did footballers become so soft

Did anyone read the article? His quoted words reflect as a failing on their side to keep up with us rather than a snipe at us for playing aggressively.

It's Follow Follow mate. People like to dive in head first without reading the full article and context.

When i was a young player at centre back, Big Jaap was my idol. His style of play and mentality was what i wanted to channel.

There is 0% chance he sees kicking people in half as a critisism of us. This is big jaap critising his own team for not putting their body on the line and allowing themselves to lose the battle! And good on him. We won pretty much every 50:50. Even Borna looked a warrior in that game!

There wasn't one 'bad' tackle the entire game :rolleyes:

There were a few niggles and a bit of pulling to breakup play but I don't recall 1 wreckless or nasty tackle.

Sour grapes, expected better from him.

Except the booking when, I think it was Arfield was fouled.

Wank is just trying to sway officials.

I don't find it that bitter in all honesty, it is pretty fair and decent coaching reflection.
I agree.
In fact, it is actually flattering and Staam is pointing out to his own players the need for physical commitment.
Staam himself was no shrinking violet if memory serves me correctly.

Wow! What a greetin' face dick he's came across as. We did nothing of the sort. His team were very lucky last night not to be on the end of an absolute horsing and he's trying to say we were too rough. So, is he saying his team shat it?

Jaap Stam? More like Japanese Eye. Greeting faced cnut.

Can't stop watching the replay from last night. We were brilliant

We were more up for it, better than them in every department on every area of the pitch. Sour grapes indeed, we'll beat them in Holland also

Wow! What a greetin' face dick he's came across as. We did nothing of the sort. His team were very lucky last night not to be on the end of an absolute horsing and he's trying to say we were too rough. So, is he saying his team shat it?
Some absolute bangers on here would have you believe otherwise.

Back