Jaap Stam - Rangers kick you in half

Huge majority on this haven’t read the article. He’s saying his team need to do more of what rangers do. A bit like how under warburton we wouldn’t have anyone in the team who would take a booking to avoid a break much like kamara did last night. What Stan says is a compliment to us.

Stam was bemoaning his sides inability to beat an aggressive press. Has been quite critical of his own teams shortcomings in the Dutch press.

Fûck off Jaap’s eye. Your side gave as good as they got. The ref gave you more than enough fouls for the dives of your players and failed to give us a second penalty for a stonewall foul on Morelos.

mxSKyaN.gif

I didn’t read into this as a physical description more of an analysis of how we cut through them and how the hole atmosphere of the game left them way behind.

I don’t see it as bitter. Looks like he is merely pointing out that they couldn’t deal with the physicality we brought. As someone who played and managed in Britain, Stam would understand this.

It's Follow Follow mate. People like to dive in head first without reading the full article and context.
I will say the report itself did lead off by the insinuation that stam was slagging us off rather than his own players then when you actually read the quote he is aiming the comment at his team rather than ours.
So maybe a few posters read the first few lines and jumped the gun :)

What showed me we are getting used to this level was a booking kamara took guy was past him one on one with I think helander and I was screaming for kamara to pull him down which he did. Sometimes were to honest and in an ideal world I'd love it if that wasn't part of the game but it is

Feyenoord were themselves guilty of 2 of the more "robust" challenges imo........
That's even worse then I was at the game in sw mate so my views not ideal.
I just meant on the whole I didn't recall any flashpoints due to a bad tackle.
Really expected more from Stam.

I don't find it that bitter in all honesty, it is pretty fair and decent coaching reflection.
I agree as I think he is paying us a backhanded compliment in that we were more streetwise and physical.
I expect he was thinking of Alfie and Helander in particular!!

I agree as I think he is paying us a backhanded compliment in that we were more streetwise and physical.
His defender pulled Morelos down in the box then leapt on top of his knee while he was on the ground.

Morelos got booked for it.

Or Arfield and big Connor who just plain took the guy out on the half way line on the 89th minute.

We’ve been crying out for a more streetwise Rangers for years. I’m happy.

It’s amazing the amount of people who will read a headline and have a rant without actually listening to what was said.

Staam wasn’t having a go at us, he was critical of his own team for not matching our aggression.

He didn't have a go at us.

He just said his team need to learn to play with more aggression in European football.

Fair enough, maybe should have read the article before I commented, should know better than to go with click-bait headlines from the assorted morons of our sport media.

Although still like my Kent based first line...

There wasn’t any real bad tackles from ourselves but there were a few fouls “For the team” towards the end of the game. Extremely frustrating if you are on the receiving end of them.

They still didn’t deserve anything from the game.

Lost in translation I think, it's actually a compliment of our ability to combine skill and streetwise but not reported as such. Stam is an intelligent guy and as a former World class defender was probably jealous seeing the way Goldson 'took' a yellow to break up an attack at the death.

Coming from a man who booted everything in his way as a player (fantastic defender), and who probably won’t be in charge the next time we meet them.

Back