Jack Grealish

Barba Roja

He's an excellent player and I think Man C turned out to be a poor decision for showcasing his abilities. But he's winning trophies and earning big, could go the way of Bale.

Gareth Bale more than contributed his fair share to his trophy haul at Real Madrid, to insinuate he’s been a passenger like Grealish at City is ridicules.

At one point Bale was probably in the top 5 players in the world, I could probably list 50 players I’d have before him.

waldo 1160

He must be the most overrated player of all time.

He is 25 and his career has been average at best yet the commentators and English fans go on like he is the 2nd coming of Gazza.

He isn’t of the level of Foden or Sancho yet they both never received the fanfare that he got.

Bizarre.
Hair band, and low socks.

Maida Vale Bear

Decant player done well to get to man city but nowhere near as good as Gazza was mind you not many players are he was one of the best
Maybe 30 years ago, but do you really think Gazza even in his pomp could have coped with the intensity of football now? Its a different game.

Maida Vale Bear

Stan Bowles , Now there was a player
Yep, he was great, but the game is so different now. Don't get me wrong I preferred it back in the 70's and 80's, but the sports science and fitness is like nothing before. Bowles, Marsh even Gazza would have found it hard. Of the old school for us I think Laudrup would have adapted.

baystatebear

He must be the most overrated player of all time.

He is 25 and his career has been average at best yet the commentators and English fans go on like he is the 2nd coming of Gazza.

He isn’t of the level of Foden or Sancho yet they both never received the fanfare that he got.

Bizarre.
For 100 million pounds, Grealish is absurdly over-rated. His contribution to Man City has been minimal. For eg., had Man City instead signed Liverpool's Luis Diaz (who cost half the price and is twice the player) they would have won the CL handily, and ran away with the EPL.

Brissy Bear

Grealish is basically a ned who has lived his dream, and doesn't know how to deal with it.
He's not a kid, and is unlikely to change.

Everything pre-City pointed to him being like this, a most un-Pep like signing I always thought.

OldMilhouse

Folk love bashing the lad, but I suspect he'll have the last laugh in the end.

He's young enough, at an elite club, surrounded by elite players and coached by an elite manager. Maybe this season he becomes Pep's main focal point and blows the league away, maybe that's 2 years from now. The expectation for him to deliver immediately isn't necessarily his fault, but he's a classy player that just hasn't quite found his feet yet, at City.

Ronaldinho's prime window was a spell of around 4 years. Hazard was much the same. Bale & Salah much the same so far. Grealish has plenty of time.

Pirlo

He's young enough, at an elite club, surrounded by elite players and coached by an elite manager. Maybe this season he becomes Pep's main focal point and blows the league away, maybe that's 2 years from now. The expectation for him to deliver immediately isn't necessarily his fault, but he's a classy player that just hasn't quite found his feet yet, at City.

Ronaldinho's prime window was a spell of around 4 years. Hazard was much the same. Bale & Salah much the same so far. Grealish has plenty of time.
He’ll be 27 in a few months and as of yet has never really shown any signs of being cut out to be a regular in an elite side. I mean his biggest accomplishment seems to be achieving the status of the most fouled player in the premier league.

Wazza

The World Cup in 6 months time and could be his only shot at winning the thing.

It’s so strange, you could forgive say Bellingham for having the Summer Grealish is but after the car crash carry on and his age and with what lies ahead this next 12 months you’d think he would be focused on his Football. I think Southgate has him sussed myself, just like he had Greenwood sussed.

I don’t think he will ever be absolute elite level but he doesn’t appear to be giving it his best crack - feels like he feels he’s already made it. Financially nobody disputes that but success wise he’s far from it, if he got injured tomorrow for the season City wouldn’t miss him at all for me and it might actually do England a favour.

Last edited:

Millger

Maybe 30 years ago, but do you really think Gazza even in his pomp could have coped with the intensity of football now? Its a different game
Your right it's different now but as for being a footballer Gazza was a natural with unbelievable skills Grealish just hasn't got that same level of game in him

Hateley's Barnet

I don't think he's good enough for City but the media treatment of him is a disgrace. They always need somebody to hound.

I think he would have been better staying at Villa and making himself one of their best ever players but money talks.

cooprfc

Maybe 30 years ago, but do you really think Gazza even in his pomp could have coped with the intensity of football now? Its a different game.

Talent is talent though. All that would happen is players from the past would have access to the best nutrition and sports science and would be just as fit as today's players if they played today.

Similarly, 30 years ago, Cristiano Ronaldo would already be retired probably having played his career out as a jinky winger.

Gascoigne is ten times the player of Grealish.

Arlo

A throbber that's where he is more due to his "spice boy" image than his ability or application.
Predict he'll end up at a middling club like Everton within 5 years.

tr0211

Official Ticketer
Great player for club and country but needs to learn that his competition are not out in Las Vegas getting leathered every summer. He’ll fade away if that keeps up.

Macdonsj

If nothing else - his recent "funtime" has attracted the attention of Stan the woman beater

and has led to a wonderful pile on of people pointing out that having a piss up is way way more acceptable than hitting a woman