Jack Grealish

He's an excellent player and I think Man C turned out to be a poor decision for showcasing his abilities. But he's winning trophies and earning big, could go the way of Bale.

Gareth Bale more than contributed his fair share to his trophy haul at Real Madrid, to insinuate he’s been a passenger like Grealish at City is ridicules.

At one point Bale was probably in the top 5 players in the world, I could probably list 50 players I’d have before him.

Decant player done well to get to man city but nowhere near as good as Gazza was mind you not many players are he was one of the best
Maybe 30 years ago, but do you really think Gazza even in his pomp could have coped with the intensity of football now? Its a different game.

Stan Bowles , Now there was a player
Yep, he was great, but the game is so different now. Don't get me wrong I preferred it back in the 70's and 80's, but the sports science and fitness is like nothing before. Bowles, Marsh even Gazza would have found it hard. Of the old school for us I think Laudrup would have adapted.

He must be the most overrated player of all time.

He is 25 and his career has been average at best yet the commentators and English fans go on like he is the 2nd coming of Gazza.

He isn’t of the level of Foden or Sancho yet they both never received the fanfare that he got.

Bizarre.
For 100 million pounds, Grealish is absurdly over-rated. His contribution to Man City has been minimal. For eg., had Man City instead signed Liverpool's Luis Diaz (who cost half the price and is twice the player) they would have won the CL handily, and ran away with the EPL.

Grealish is basically a ned who has lived his dream, and doesn't know how to deal with it.
He's not a kid, and is unlikely to change.

Everything pre-City pointed to him being like this, a most un-Pep like signing I always thought.

Folk love bashing the lad, but I suspect he'll have the last laugh in the end.

He's young enough, at an elite club, surrounded by elite players and coached by an elite manager. Maybe this season he becomes Pep's main focal point and blows the league away, maybe that's 2 years from now. The expectation for him to deliver immediately isn't necessarily his fault, but he's a classy player that just hasn't quite found his feet yet, at City.

Ronaldinho's prime window was a spell of around 4 years. Hazard was much the same. Bale & Salah much the same so far. Grealish has plenty of time.

He's young enough, at an elite club, surrounded by elite players and coached by an elite manager. Maybe this season he becomes Pep's main focal point and blows the league away, maybe that's 2 years from now. The expectation for him to deliver immediately isn't necessarily his fault, but he's a classy player that just hasn't quite found his feet yet, at City.

Ronaldinho's prime window was a spell of around 4 years. Hazard was much the same. Bale & Salah much the same so far. Grealish has plenty of time.
He’ll be 27 in a few months and as of yet has never really shown any signs of being cut out to be a regular in an elite side. I mean his biggest accomplishment seems to be achieving the status of the most fouled player in the premier league.

The World Cup in 6 months time and could be his only shot at winning the thing.

It’s so strange, you could forgive say Bellingham for having the Summer Grealish is but after the car crash carry on and his age and with what lies ahead this next 12 months you’d think he would be focused on his Football. I think Southgate has him sussed myself, just like he had Greenwood sussed.

I don’t think he will ever be absolute elite level but he doesn’t appear to be giving it his best crack - feels like he feels he’s already made it. Financially nobody disputes that but success wise he’s far from it, if he got injured tomorrow for the season City wouldn’t miss him at all for me and it might actually do England a favour.

Last edited:
Maybe 30 years ago, but do you really think Gazza even in his pomp could have coped with the intensity of football now? Its a different game
Your right it's different now but as for being a footballer Gazza was a natural with unbelievable skills Grealish just hasn't got that same level of game in him

I don't think he's good enough for City but the media treatment of him is a disgrace. They always need somebody to hound.

I think he would have been better staying at Villa and making himself one of their best ever players but money talks.

Maybe 30 years ago, but do you really think Gazza even in his pomp could have coped with the intensity of football now? Its a different game.

Talent is talent though. All that would happen is players from the past would have access to the best nutrition and sports science and would be just as fit as today's players if they played today.

Similarly, 30 years ago, Cristiano Ronaldo would already be retired probably having played his career out as a jinky winger.

Gascoigne is ten times the player of Grealish.

A throbber that's where he is more due to his "spice boy" image than his ability or application.
Predict he'll end up at a middling club like Everton within 5 years.

Great player for club and country but needs to learn that his competition are not out in Las Vegas getting leathered every summer. He’ll fade away if that keeps up.

If nothing else - his recent "funtime" has attracted the attention of Stan the woman beater

and has led to a wonderful pile on of people pointing out that having a piss up is way way more acceptable than hitting a woman

What a season he has had. His candour is really refreshing as well.

Have to agree with you he has been pivotal in Man City’s game plan he is always involved he takes some punishment in a game ,great at buying fouls and never seems to be injured.

Went up several levels under Pep. Think it’s fair to say he is amongst the best in the world in his position at present.

It was always gonna take him time to adjust to playing under pep been he's outstanding this season

Grealish is a really good player.

Is he to the level of Gerrard or Scholes, no I don’t think he is but they were different level.

Grealish is in a team of real quality and he is only going to get better.

I like him. Yes he has done some stupid stuff but which young lad hasn’t?

He also has a good down to earth side to him and done some good things for the fans and charity etc.

Yep, he was great, but the game is so different now. Don't get me wrong I preferred it back in the 70's and 80's, but the sports science and fitness is like nothing before. Bowles, Marsh even Gazza would have found it hard. Of the old school for us I think Laudrup would have adapted.
I disagree.

Given that the Marsh's and Bowles of this world grew up with the 60's culture of booze after a match/training etc, they were of their time.

If they were coming through today, their skills would be the same but they'd have the benefit of the emphasis on fitness and the sporting science you have mentioned.

It's like saying the Alan Mortons of this world wouldn't have made it in the modern game. Of course they would. I mean, if they could trap a heavy, sodden ball wearing tackity boots in a quagmire? It stands to reason the freedom a pair of, luminescent, pink Predators would give them would be a joy to behold.

If he can just work on his finishing and final pass he could become world class and start posting proper numbers. Even without that he is incredibly effective in the Man City team with how he plays though.

Got to admire his honesty in this bit. And given his form this season, he's earned those beers

‘Everyone is different, aren’t they?’ he says. ‘Look at Erling. He is the best professional I have ever seen. His mindset is something you won’t see again. He does everything. Recovers. In the gym. Ten hours of treatment a day. Ice baths. Diet. That’s why he is what he is. But I swear I couldn’t be like that.

‘We have a great friendship but he will point at me after a game and say, “Hey, don’t you go out tonight partying”. I just tell him to shut up and go and sit in his ice bath. But that’s us. Two different people doing well in our own way.

‘I am not as successful as him. He has scored more goals this season than I have in my whole career. But if he did what I occasionally did he would be like, “F***ing hell I feel terrible today”.

‘I have a release that’s different to his. He is going home and sitting with his family and having a takeaway. Sometimes that’s my choice, too. I love doing that. But sometimes I like to go out and let my hair down.

‘I am not gonna sit here and lie and say I don’t go out. What’s the point? It’s also pointless telling you I am here at 8am going in the gym and that’s the reason I am playing well. It’s not.

‘The reason I am playing well is because I feel fit, confident, good in myself and like I am at home here. But I still love an occasional drink and going out with my friends. That’s just normal.’

Funny player and lad all in all. Just can’t see him being a galactico which is odd for someone likely to win a treble, Gucci contract and English transfer record. You’d think Barca or Real would be linked with them ingredients. Just hope he sticks at it and cracks it with England.

Hes began to shine at city. Work rate is now fantastic. He has great control and wins loads of free kicks

A real talent that now seems to know what his manager wants from him.

He is 25 and his career has been average at best yet the commentators and English fans go on like he is the 2nd coming of Gazza.

He isn’t of the level of Foden or Sancho yet they both never received the fanfare that he got.

Bizarre.
Not for me.
I think he’s an excellent footballer.
An attacking threat and very good off the ball.
He’s also got a bit of aggression in his game.
There are better but they’re few and far between.

Bizarre.
He is a cracking player and deserves much praise as do the other two, even back in his early career he stood out

Every time I see him play, he more often than not runs forward a bit then passes the ball back and doesn’t try to dribble past players, I know define role and all that, but you’d expect more for a hundred mil

Back