Jack Harkness signs a new deal

I’m pleased for the boy.
I wish we made it a club rule that 1 or 2 youth players start when we play the team bottom of the league.
Otherwise they never get a shot to prove what they can do.

Lowry has barely had a sniff and he’s the most exciting prospect I think we’ve ever produced and kept a hold of.

Extended to 2025, the club must have high hopes for him a lot of the youth only get 1 year - 18 month extensions at his age.

I’m pleased for the boy.
I wish we made it a club rule that 1 or 2 youth players start when we play the team bottom of the league.

Lowry has barely had a sniff and he’s the most exciting prospect I think we’ve ever produced and kept a hold of.
Not a fan of that rule and i think it would become very unpopular if we we're neck and neck in a title race with 6 games to go, playing away on some plastic turf bollocks against the team at the bottom, fighting for their survival. Benching a first teamer for no reason other than to give a youth player a chance is a nonsense, it should always be earned.

I’m pleased for the boy.

I suspect that is all going to change now.

Isn’t this just a case of Rangers protecting their investment. Lad is just about to turn 19yrs old and this contract would take him to a few months past his 21st. I’m sure the development fee drops off after 21. I think most clubs do this.

Isn’t this just a case of Rangers protecting their investment. Lad is just about to turn 19yrs old and this contract would take him to a few months past his 21st. I’m sure the development fee drops off after 21. I think most clubs do this.

It probably is yeah the development fees go up until their 23 unless the player isn't offered a new deal. Was looking at the rule yesterday for Porteous as if we were to sign him I think we would need to pay Hibs one for him.

It probably is yeah the development fees go up until their 23 unless the player isn't offered a new deal. Was looking at the rule yesterday for Porteous as if we were to sign him I think we would need to pay Hibs one for him.
And there is also the additional payment from any further transfers where a percent goes to the club(s) who trained them between those ages

I’m pleased for the boy.

He's barely had a sniff through his own doing as well as having an injury. They get a shot to prove what they can do every day in training they need to earn the opportunity to play not just given it through a written rule.

So how many young players do we give 2.5 year deals to?

I’ve been a fan of him for a couple of years.

At one point I actually expected him to leapfrog Devine.

Adam is OoC in summer I wonder what if any decision is being made for next season there is just one year between these players .

Adam is more athletic and taller I wonder if there’s an option for him more centrally eg

Adam is OoC in summer I wonder what if any decision is being made for next season there is just one year between these players .

Adam is more athletic and taller I wonder if there’s an option for him more centrally eg
He's signed a new contract.

So how many young players do we give 2.5 year deals to?
Ive no idea but my lads pro youth teams have just offered 30monto contracts to 14yr olds and that will take them through the initial period of when they can sign their first professional contract. They do it to make sure they guarantee a development fee.

Transfermarkt mustn’t have got the memo.

I’m pleased for the boy.

This is mainly due to his injury but also the fact he was in poor form for the B team pre and post injury.

If he can find current form that merits inclusion on to the pitch with the first team - he’ll get it. Having said that… Kent was still playing almost every minute of every game despite his form, so I guess anything could happen.

This is mainly due to his injury but also the fact he was in poor form for the B team pre and post injury.

If he can find current form that merits inclusion on to the pitch with the first team - he’ll get it. Having said that… Kent was still playing almost every minute of every game despite his form, so I guess anything could happen.
Exactly. Form can be mince and you’re still played week in week out.
Must be so frustrating for these young boys.

Back