Jack Hastie Recalled

He wouldn't have been playing up here though mate.

It was the right decision for Ross.

Our midfield were poor on Sunday, but they've been outstanding all season.

Ross is still a good bit off that level.
Do you not think we could've been doing with him at half time yesterday to replace Kamara? And against Aberdeen away when they ran over us? Or against Hearts last time? We need different types of midfielders just like we always have done. This obsession with playing one way all the time won't work for a full season. Sometimes we just need someone to win tackles and break up play and shut down momentum. Yesterday we hadn't no one on the bench to do it. I've been saying this all season.

I think Hastie off the bench is a better option than barker, Ojo and Jones. Hastie is as direct as Jones and has a goal in him.

Do you not think we could've been doing with him at half time yesterday to replace Kamara? And against Aberdeen away when they ran over us? Or against Hearts last time? We need different types of midfielders just like we always have done. This obsession with playing one way all the time won't work for a full season. Sometimes we just need someone to win tackles and break up play and shut down momentum. Yesterday we hadn't no one on the bench to do it. I've been saying this all season.
Edmundson could do it just as well as McCrorie mate, but clearly we wanted to keep as many attackers on. Didn't work.

Edmundson could do it just as well as McCrorie mate, but clearly we wanted to keep as many attackers on. Didn't work.
Edmundson has never played midfield mate he's a centre back. Ross McCrorie dominated aberdeens and celtics midfield last season. Half time yesterday was crying out for him yet we had no one on the bench. He should be in the squad he's a useful player to have and it's a mistake that he's not.

Strange one, seemed to have a really food start and faded quickly. Their fans were buzzing at first with him.

Hope this is unrelated to Barker and Jones

Teams are working us out as its the same all the time.
Our bench is shocking, as bad as pedros/ murtys imo

Interesting recall, wonder if we decided hes better training with us to develop him if hes not getting games at Rotherham. Would be surprised if he made the bench.

If Barker and Ojo and Jones can why can't he?
I just do not think hes ready to play for us but ill be delighted if he proves me wrong. Guess it'll depend on who else is available. I dont think Ojo will go as I dont think it will benefit any relationship with liverpool, plus they will probably chrge us to return him. He always seems to be the preferred option from the bench.

I just do not think hes ready to play for us but ill be delighted if he proves me wrong. Guess it'll depend on who else is available. I dont think Ojo will go as I dont think it will benefit any relationship with liverpool, plus they will probably chrge us to return him. He always seems to be the preferred option from the bench.
I for one am glad SG has finally woke up and realise there is too much shite in our squad and wants to change things.

Did hastie not get off to good start at rotherham surprised jones is off barker was a strange signing in the 1st place imo

I for one am glad SG has finally woke up and realise there is too much shite in our squad and wants to change things.

He does seem like the type of manager who doesn't mess about if he doesn't think someone is right for the team. Grezda and Lafferty were both told to find a new club in their first season despite him signing them. Candeias was also told he would not be a regular and would be better finding another club when some may have been surprised by that. This is the way it should be.

He's already played for two teams this year.

If he's recalled is likely to be because of lack of game time after a good start.

Find the Jones one strange ! Hasn't really played yet ! Surely he should be given a run of games to get back up to speed after his injury ?

Would rather give him a chance and see if he can make himself a squad player than see Barker have another go. He has all the physical attributes and in his short time as a motherwell first team player scored some cracking goals by cutting in and smashing them in
No harm in a chance. I hope he does well.
According to every thread we have no players out on loan that are any good.
Hastie played a total of 67 games for Motherwell, Alloa and Airdrie. He's been on loan down at Rotherham and played 14 times.
I'd love to know when all the FF posters get the time to go around all these smaller grounds watching players we haven't signed yet. Or down to England to watch players we send out on loan.
There will be very few who have actually seen the guy play 90 minutes never mind attend more than three or four of his games. But he's already tagged as no good.
I'm sure he's looking forward to coming home!

Edmundson has never played midfield mate he's a centre back. Ross McCrorie dominated aberdeens and celtics midfield last season. Half time yesterday was crying out for him yet we had no one on the bench. He should be in the squad he's a useful player to have and it's a mistake that he's not.
Edmundson has played midfield for us mate,
Gerrard has also mentioned he can slot in there.

Can’t say I’m expecting a massive step up from Jones or Ojo at their best here. But he may easily be more consistent than either and more willing to put the effort in.

Not the player I’d expect to lead us to 55 but good to have him around and I expect more genuine addition(s) to come

One of the games he came on in. After it Gerrard spoke about how he’s able to play in midfield
When? He's barely played as it is. It's astonishing to me that all talk of transfers is strikers and wingers when we don't even play with wingers and yet have four adequate midfielders for three positions while our most physical midfielder is out on loan playing right back.

I didn't see Edmundson brought into midfield yesterday when our midfield was over run? Ross has done it against Aberdeen and Celtic and it's a mistake to not have his as option. We had no one yesterday and at other times this season to come on put their foot in and break up play. No one.

Morelos, Goldson, Tav, Kamara, Barasic and Kent are all worth alot of money.
I said morelos is, more if he starts screwing the nut.
Kent aint worth anymore than we bought him for.
The rest, not a lot if they were scouts about on Sunday.
This team the last time i looked havent won anything.
An empty cv in Scotland isnt great.

I said morelos is, more if he starts screwing the nut.
Kent aint worth anymore than we bought him for.
The rest, not a lot if they were scouts about on Sunday.
This team the last time i looked havent won anything.
An empty cv in Scotland isnt great.

Players are not going to be judged on one game of football. Scouts are not going to base their judgement on who has won trophies. Players go for big fees in the lower league's in England and in smaller league's throughout Europe without winning anything. Players are scouted over a long period. Showing consistently in their domestic league, performing well in Europe, performing well at international level is what will catch their attention.

I'll be saddened to see Jordon go , looked good at first but maybe needs must as they say

We don't same to have much luck with the young guys we have bought recently
Docherty , Hastie , Murphy , Middleton now Jones all seemed to be promising , of course some may still work out but it's been disappointing so far

Mind you , glad to see Barker go , I never understood that signing

Could eventually see Hastie playing as the left side attacking full back in our system.
He’s got the pace, power and physique for it. I’m sure the defensive side could be developed.

I watched the Peterborough v Rotherham game on Saturday, and again Hastie didn't come on. But to be fair even though Rotherham got beat 2.1 they played well and were sitting top without much of Hastie. I'm glad if true that he's coming back though

Agreed mate,I think Mc Crorie could have played a part this season.

I'd assume Middleton is definitely going out on loan again, as Hastie can't be loaned out again (played in one of our qualifiers). Scored quite a few last year for Motherwell, I don't know how he will do but given how poor Barker is he can't be much worse :)) :)) :))

Surprised at jones,thought he looked decent until injury,hastie was excellent with Motherwell and knows the league,give him a chance

Edmundson has slotted in to do that job a couple of times mate.

He's bigger and stronger than McCrorie, probably quicker too, plus he's certainly a better passer of the ball.

It's the position he started his career in, so is comfortable enough there.

Polster can also dish it out and is also more comfortable on the ball than Ross, so that option was there for Gerrard , if he wanted.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back