Jack Ross had a go at the same BBC reporter as Lennon

Why would this guy even be mentioned in the conversation about their next manager? What criteria other than being on our wishlist does he meet? He's not an ex-player of their's, he's not a successful ex-player of anyone else's, he has no managerial success to point to, so what's making him seem a viable candidate? Realistically even they could and should be looking at much better.
All fair points but I believe he ticks one important box. ;)

Do people actually look at what mangers do with their teams and their subsequent results ? There’s not a snow balls chance in hell he’s getting a gig over at the glitter dome.

Not been a good week for this guy

Ross said: “You’ve just asked me questions about the first half and how we did well.

"I heard your interview (with Lennon) during the week and I think sometimes you’re a bit disrespectful to managers.

"I’ve explained the first-half performance and I’ve explained the second-half performance, in terms of it being about heart, character and guts, and how you do things in the face of adversity.

“So that would suggest that if I understood a lot about football, then there’s not really a tactical element that comes into that

“I’ve answered your questions fully and respectfully and I think it would be good if that was a two-way street."

MacIntyre replied: “Of course I respect you, Jack. I’m just trying to dig in for Hibs fans looking at that second half, you’ve got a very good squad here. I’m just wondering what went wrong in that second period."

Ross: “But wait a minute, have I not explained that several times already?”

MacIntyre: “I think you were talking about the character of the players, that they didn’t show up…"

Ross: “I didn’t say they didn’t show up. Are you asking questions and not listening to the answer? I've already explained to you.

“At the risk of repeating myself, we played well first-half, the second half we didn’t react well in any way.

“If you ask me the same question, you’re going to get the same answer, which would suggest this interview could go on for a while and get very boring for everybody.

“I’ve explained it and I’m accepting my responsibility because I’m the manager.

“I think your line of questioning is becoming a little bit tiresome, for want of a better word, and it’s about time you start to show greater respect, not just to me but for other managers in this job."

MacIntyre: “Well I think that’s unfair, I’m just trying to reflect what fans would want to ask, Jack…"

Ross: “But wait a minute, Kenny. You think that’s unfair. Sometimes I think how you speak to managers is unfair. So let’s just leave it at that.”
The interviewer is one of us.
Kenny MacInytre, and he was and is just doing his job.
And damn well.

Ross, just like Lennon can’t take the heat!

Why are so many individuals involved in the game up here full of their own importance when their talent shows nothing to justify it? A footballing backwater full of managers and players stuck in their he past with outdated methods and ideas, yet they believe they are beyond critical discussions.

Ross said: “You’ve just asked me questions about the first half and how we did well.

"I heard your interview (with Lennon) during the week and I think sometimes you’re a bit disrespectful to managers.

"I’ve explained the first-half performance and I’ve explained the second-half performance, in terms of it being about heart, character and guts, and how you do things in the face of adversity.

“So that would suggest that if I understood a lot about football, then there’s not really a tactical element that comes into that

“I’ve answered your questions fully and respectfully and I think it would be good if that was a two-way street."

MacIntyre replied: “Of course I respect you, Jack. I’m just trying to dig in for Hibs fans looking at that second half, you’ve got a very good squad here. I’m just wondering what went wrong in that second period."

MacIntyre: “I think you were talking about the character of the players, that they didn’t show up…"

Ross: “I didn’t say they didn’t show up. Are you asking questions and not listening to the answer? I've already explained to you.

“At the risk of repeating myself, we played well first-half, the second half we didn’t react well in any way.

“If you ask me the same question, you’re going to get the same answer, which would suggest this interview could go on for a while and get very boring for everybody.

“I think your line of questioning is becoming a little bit tiresome, for want of a better word, and it’s about time you start to show greater respect, not just to me but for other managers in this job."

MacIntyre: “Well I think that’s unfair, I’m just trying to reflect what fans would want to ask, Jack…"

Ross: “But wait a minute, Kenny. You think that’s unfair. Sometimes I think how you speak to managers is unfair. So let’s just leave it at that.”
His players will be UP FOR IT on Wednesday night...

I hope we f**k it right into them on Wed - see what sort of comeback this rheptile has then....... hose them Rangers!

Does Jack ross think Tactics only work in 1 half?

He hates anyone questioning him on tactics.

So if your opposition changes tactics then surely that can be a reason for having a poor 2nd half.

And your fault for not adjusting.

He done Nothing to stop Shaun Rooney running a mock down the side.

I for one hope he goes to Celtic. Clueless.

Does Jack ross think Tactics only work in 1 half?

He hates anyone questioning him on tactics.

So if your opposition changes tactics then surely that can be a reason for having a poor 2nd half.

And your fault for not adjusting.

He done Nothing to stop Shaun Rooney running a mock down the side.

I for one hope he goes to Celtic. Clueless.
Jeez, a man under pressure. Journalist being disrespectful for asking question about 2nd half tactics

No doubt we'll see them come out giving it 110% mid week

A journalist's job is to ask difficult questions, if you, JR, want journalists to throw endless softball question at you, join Celtic, the SNP or the Democratic Party in the US.

Depends when the questions were asked. I heard the Lennon interview and still believe that pre match is not the time to rile a manager. I thought McIntyre was a prick and sneaky with it. Lennon for all we know may have agreed to be questioned as long as the questions were based on the upcoming game. McIntyre started off that way, but couldn’t wait to be controversial. Why not wait till after the game? Kept it going even when Lennon said he had nothing to say. Typical scummy Scottish BBC reporting - and lauded later by those in the studio. Can you imagine Stevie G being hounded 10 minutes before kick off about an issue that he’d already addressed? Guys on here would be in meltdown mode if that happened.

This is not a defence of Lennon - just the point that controversial issues be discussed post match.

Reporter got all he deserved in my eyes .Asked stupid questions after already getting Ross's feeling on the 2 halfs going by what i ve read in this thread.
I watch those news reports on the virus at tea time from no 10 and you get the exact same nonsense .
Questions that no one has answers to or pulling decisions made in the past up with the knowledge of hindsight . Gets on my nerves .
Theres a wee saying that rings very true with these reporters .Best saying nothing and maybe look a fool than open your mouth and remove any doubt .
Well in Jack Ross i say
If SG gave the reporter the same answer ,he'd be lauded and applauded and rightly so.

Reporter got all he deserved in my eyes .Asked stupid questions after already getting Ross's feeling on the 2 halfs going by what i ve read in this thread.
I watch those news reports on the virus at tea time from no 10 and you get the exact same nonsense .
Questions that no one has answers to or pulling decisions made in the past up with the knowledge of hindsight . Gets on my nerves .
Theres a wee saying that rings very true with these reporters .Best saying nothing and maybe look a fool than open your mouth and remove any doubt .
Well in Jack Ross i say
If SG gave the reporter the same answer ,he'd be lauded and applauded and rightly so.
Or asking a question that's already been answered - we've seen that one in the Covid briefings

Fantastic- all the rhabids are hurting and its everyone else's fault....beautiful Sunday

Make no mistake, that is a blatent attempt to discredit that journalist in attempt to deflect justified criticism of both himself & TLB. Total cretin!

edit: Only heard a small clip with valid questions.

McIntyre was more than fair with his questions both today and midweek with Lennon. The real reason he was angry was because they had just been humiliated in another semi final and he's coming under increased pressure. He's going down the same route as Lennon -- divert, deflect and play the victim.

He lashed out at the press down in England when he was under pressure at Sunderland. So he does have form for it.

We constantly moan on here about the lack of decent, insightful journalism and tedious interviews which is why fans media has become so popular yet when a manager calls it out all the criticism falls on the manager and not the crap journalism.

His interview with Lennon was great before the Livi game. Asked him about the press conference, Lennon said he would only talk about the game. Cue Kenny asking about 10 questions in a row about the press conference, Lennon was raging.

Depends when the questions were asked. I heard the Lennon interview and still believe that pre match is not the time to rile a manager. I thought McIntyre was a prick and sneaky with it. Lennon for all we know may have agreed to be questioned as long as the questions were based on the upcoming game. McIntyre started off that way, but couldn’t wait to be controversial. Why not wait till after the game? Kept it going even when Lennon said he had nothing to say. Typical scummy Scottish BBC reporting - and lauded later by those in the studio. Can you imagine Stevie G being hounded 10 minutes before kick off about an issue that he’d already addressed? Guys on here would be in meltdown mode if that happened.

This is not a defence of Lennon - just the point that controversial issues be discussed post match.
After THAT press conference from Lennon he was always going to be hounded about it. Brought it on himself just like everything else that comes his way.

Jack Ross has refused to be critical of Celtic in recent weeks even though they had every right to be fuming after the Dubai fiasco.

I hope he is their next manager because he's fucking hopeless.

Nearly all of them, yup. You denying it?

Just like virtually all on here are good bears. And hardly any make snidey comments on nearly every thread. ;)
Denying it? Just getting on board, as they must have an agenda against Ross too. ;)

If your last part is directed at me...I'm wounded... :confused: :D

Last edited:
Back