Jack Ross on Hibs disallowed goal and penalty claim

Boyle deserves a reputation because he's diving cheat he done at Ibrox in December slipping in the box and going down. He got a Hamilton player sent off with his rolling about with no contact. He flung his legs up in the air to make it look like he was touched he was rightly booked.

Porteous pushes Helander so rightly ruled out. Ross is the perfect candidate for tims with his greeting after games.

I only saw one, poor, replay of their ‘goal‘ and I’d have to say I still haven’t spotted any foul. No doubt see a few more replays later.

I also thought Boyle’s booking harsh. Not a penalty but not a dive either IMHO. On the subject of bookings the ones for Borna and Helander I thought were harsh. I also felt a few more Hibs players could and should have been booked.

EDIT: Seen replay now. Push on Helander. Foul. Wasn’t a lot in it though.

Last edited:
Never a goal the whistle was blown for the foul before the ball hit the net.
Was not a dive for the booking but he did throw himself down a few times in the game.

Should have been a goal I reckon. The booking for a dive looked harsh. It was never a penalty but did he actively look for one?
It was disallowed because it was Porteous and he almost always fouls when he goes for a header.
This time he didn’t foul but his reputation preceded him!!!

I though it was a dive by Boyle, he anticipates contact and exaggerates as he goes down. When I saw the replay of the disallowed goal, I though we were lucky there. I’ll tell you what, I love that there’s controversy as the mhanky mob are already foaming at the tooth absent mouth. They really are convinced the refs are out to help us.

I only saw one, poor, replay of their ‘goal‘ and I’d have to say I still haven’t spotted any foul. No doubt see a few more replays later.

I also thought Boyle’s booking harsh. Not a penalty but not a dive either IMHO. On the subject of bookings the ones for Borna and Helander I thought were harsh. I also felt a few more Hibs players could and should have been booked.
Kamara as well he let one go for the same offensive ,he was also happy to keep his card in his pocket after playing advantage up at their goal 2nd half.

Is this him putting his name in the mix for the mentally challenged job with his always cheated never defeated attitude?? B-)
Here’s the thing - in another thread I distinctly used the word ’T-a-r-r-i-e-r’ to describe the green and grey, and when I hit ’post reply’ the term ’mentally challenged’ was changed to ’mentally challenged’. Is someone screwing around with an algorithm? :))

Boyle deserves a reputation because he's diving cheat he done at Ibrox in December slipping in the box and going down. He got a Hamilton player sent off with his rolling about with no contact. He flung his legs up in the air to make it look like he was touched he was rightly booked.

Porteous pushes Helander so rightly ruled out. Ross is the perfect candidate for tims with his greeting after games.
Also got St Mirren left back sent off in February with two blatant dives.

He deserves his reputation no matter how quick the wee prick is.

Never a penalty.

I’d be disappointed if that goal was chopped off for us. Shït happens. We’ve been of the wrong end of goal scoring decisions (against this team) this season aswell.

It was a clear foul at the disallowed goal - and they've already had the benefit of a goal despite a clear foul against us at Easter Rd. (And offside into the bargain.)

The 'penalty' incident was neither a penalty nor a dive.

The Rangers bookings were ridiculous and showed a clear difference in appliance of the laws between us and them.

I missed it cause I was away for a pish at the time, but the refs get decisions wrong 99% of the time in our games, so I feel fairly confident in saying the ref got it wrong on this occasion, penalty to hibs.

Back