Jack Ross on Hibs disallowed goal and penalty claim

Thought the disallowed goal was fine but that makes up for the offside goal the spoons scored at Easter Road in 2-2.

A diving wee runt!

Remember who the referee is! No penalty, but not worthy of a booking, and no goal for a foul on Helander, why would Robertson help us out?

Of course I'm biased, but judging by the bookings to our players handed out by Robertson today, had there been no infringements in the Porteous "incident" I'm convinced Robertson would have let the "goal" stand. On the Sportscene highlights you can clearly hear the whistle before Porteous headed the ball into the net.
These "pundits" often claim that you can tell by the players reactions if the ref got a decision wrong, Boyle made no complaint and Porteous mouthed something at the ref, before sprinting back to the Hibs half,without standing his ground and moaning in his face and neither did any other Hibs player.

Remember Jack Ross was one of the "experts" who earlier in the season claimed Hibs should have had a penalty when Hagi missed Newell's head with a high boot.

what's this disallowed goal rubbish, the ref blew then the ball was headed into the net, so the disallowed goal narrative is bollocks
Exactly.

Play stops the minute the ref blows the whistle. So it was a foul in the box where the ball ended in the net. No goal to disallow.
Whether it was a foul(or 2 fouls) leading up to it, that's another debate.

It was a push on Helander who was in front of Porteous. If there is no push Helander clears the ball. As for Boyle’s card, Goldson was in front of him and he seemed to kick Goldson’s standing leg and fall over. It could be argued that Boyle has form for this when trying to get a penalty and Robertson knows this.

Exactly.

Play stops the minute the ref blows the whistle. So it was a foul in the box where the ball ended in the net. No goal to disallow.
Whether it was a foul(or 2 fouls) leading up to it, that's another debate.
yep that's how I see it, how folks on here sees it as a disallowed goal is beyond me, it's no different to a player being offside ref blows whistle and everyone stops, but the player still puts the ball in the net for the sake of it

Boyle was a dive all day long deserved a yellow, never seen a replay of a the goal clearly showing what happened but it’s HIBS so %^*& them! They have had more breaks against us than most the cheating cunts.

Never a penalty but it was debatable as to whether Helander was fouled or not prior to their disallowed goal. The referee blew for it before the goal was scored. I can understand why Ross was upset.Same as I could understand Gerrard being upset when we had a last minute winning goal disallowed at Easter Road earlier in the season.

Never a penalty but it was debatable as to whether Helander was fouled or not prior to their disallowed goal. The referee blew for it before the goal was scored. I can understand why Ross was upset.Same as I could understand Gerrard being upset when we had a last minute winning goal disallowed at Easter Road earlier in the season.
That is the most sensible post on this thread.

Surprised the amount of folk that don't think Helander was fouled, looks a clear push to me, he's also in front and going to win the ball more than likely, why risk it falling over looking for a foul? That's really not the type of defender Helander is, he just generally defends and doesn't look to be 'clever' like that.

Oh and I refuse to believe Don Robertson would chop off an opposition goal against us for a non or tiny foul, no effin chance! :D

For the dive. 2 points.

1. There is a replay from one angle (reverse angle?) where as he goes down he throws his leg out to the left at pretty much 90 degrees to the direction in which he is travelling in order to make contact with Goldson and make it look like Goldson impeded his progress unfairly. There is no logical reason for his leg to fly out at a different angle to that which he is moving other than an act of simulation.
2. He didn’t protest the card at all.

I need to see the disallowed goal again.

He was possibly unlucky with the goal, but they were very lucky with the equaliser at Easter Road early in the season so what goes around comes around.
Karma. Both their goals might not have stood on another day. Push and offside. Some you get some you don’t.

I only saw one, poor, replay of their ‘goal‘ and I’d have to say I still haven’t spotted any foul. No doubt see a few more replays later.

I also thought Boyle’s booking harsh. Not a penalty but not a dive either IMHO. On the subject of bookings the ones for Borna and Helander I thought were harsh. I also felt a few more Hibs players could and should have been booked.

EDIT: Seen replay now. Push on Helander. Foul. Wasn’t a lot in it though.

I was looking at two things it happened fast I thought a hibs player threw his hand up and helped the cross on? The whistle went before the goal was in so it could have been a foul on Helander? Pretty sure the whistle went before goal though!

I was looking at two things it happened fast I thought a hibs player through his hand up and helped the cross on? The whistle went before the goal was in so it could have been a foul on Helander? Pretty sure the whistle went before goal though!
Whistle definitely went before the ball went into the net. No doubt at all about that.

Did Jack explain why Porteous stamped his foot down on Goldson's ankle, and then falling to the ground to roll about holding his face, which had come into absolutely no contact with anything else?

It was a push on Helander who was in front of Porteous. If there is no push Helander clears the ball. As for Boyle’s card, Goldson was in front of him and he seemed to kick Goldson’s standing leg and fall over. It could be argued that Boyle has form for this when trying to get a penalty and Robertson knows this.
All these "pundits" will tell you that Alfredo never gets the benefit of any doubt because of his "reputation".

Did Jack explain why Porteous stamped his foot down on Goldson's ankle, and then falling to the ground to roll about holding his face, which had come into absolutely no contact with anything else?

The fact he went down rolling holding his face is telling about whether he meant what he did imo and he thought may aswell push the boat out and try and cheat for a penalty and a card?

I think it was for a push on Helander, though there didn’t seem to be much in it. Haven’t seen a handball, will have to look again.

Pretty sure it was under the cross near the byline before it reached goal scorer but it could have been the foul on Helander albeit the whistle went before the goal so the ref was without a doubt something happened!

For the dive. 2 points.

1. There is a replay from one angle (reverse angle?) where as he goes down he throws his leg out to the left at pretty much 90 degrees to the direction in which he is travelling in order to make contact with Goldson and make it look like Goldson impeded his progress unfairly. There is no logical reason for his leg to fly out at a different angle to that which he is moving other than an act of simulation.
2. He didn’t protest the card at all.

I need to see the disallowed goal again.

He did protest the card. He even went straight to the referee at half time and had words with him again.

I’ve got no strong opinion on it tbh. It wasn’t a penalty but I can see how some say it is a dive and some say it’s not. If I had to lean one way I’d probably say no penalty and no card but I’m not going to argue about it.

If wasn’t a foul Makes up for offside goal which was also a foul first time played you earlier in the season you crying rat!

But it was a foul , he pushed him so deal with it

as for penalty he knew was trying to do and ref saw through it

He whistled ages before he put the ball in the net so no way to tell if it would have been a goal even if the foul wasn't given.

I shouted "dive" straight away. It was so obvious.

If Hibs could finish they might have won. As it is we finished better and rightfully won.

Also got St Mirren left back sent off in February with two blatant dives.

He deserves his reputation no matter how quick the wee prick is.

Boyle is a cheatin fuukker and has to be watched.

He'll do it again and again.

I can’t believe people are tying to be “fair” with their analysis. This is the same team that scored an offside goal and bundled a player out of the way for their goals in an earlier game. We are more than due the benefit of the doubt with this lot.

Last edited:
The ref blew the whistle long before the thug headed the ball in. Collect all your toys Ross, your team got beat by Rangers on an off day.

Back