Jack Ross on Hibs disallowed goal and penalty claim

Helander is going to head the ball away, Porteous nudges him under it. Ref blows for the foul immediately, before the 'goal' is scored.
And as pointed out by others, the reaction, or rather lack of reaction, of the Hibs players is telling.

He did protest the card. He even went straight to the referee at half time and had words with him again.

I’ve got no strong opinion on it tbh. It wasn’t a penalty but I can see how some say it is a dive and some say it’s not. If I had to lean one way I’d probably say no penalty and no card but I’m not going to argue about it.
Fair enough, I didn’t notice any protestations at the time, and I definitely missed him at half time.

I'll give Boyle the benefit of the doubt here. He never appealed for a penalty so I think it was a bit harsh to give him a yellow

Did he complain that Porteous was allowed to consistently foul throughout the game - similar fouls in similar areas that saw Borna and Kamara booked :rolleyes:

I’ve now re-watched the incidents several times.

Helander gets pushed and makes sure the ref notices it. Nothing wrong with that. It’s a softish foul, but a foul nonetheless, especially when they gained a goalscoring opportunity from the foul.

At the penalty claim, Boyle goes down far too easily. Again, ref got it right, although I actually think his booking was slightly harsh. Every incident inside the box isn’t always a penalty or a booking. It can be neither.

Looking at Kamara’s booking, he’s clearly pulling the guy back. Again, correct decision.

During the game your nerves and involvement often make you feel decisions are going against you, but looking back at yesterday, Robertson got most of the big calls right. Who’dy thunk it o_O

:)):))

I’ve now re-watched the incidents several times.

Helander gets pushed and makes sure the ref notices it. Nothing wrong with that. It’s a softish foul, but a foul nonetheless, especially when they gained a goalscoring opportunity from the foul.

At the penalty claim, Boyle goes down far too easily. Again, ref got it right, although I actually think his booking was slightly harsh. Every incident inside the box isn’t always a penalty or a booking. It can be neither.

Looking at Kamara’s booking, he’s clearly pulling the guy back. Again, correct decision.

During the game your nerves and involvement often make you feel decisions are going against you, but looking back at yesterday, Robertson got most of the big calls right. Who’dy thunk it o_O

:)):))

he booked Kamara for a pull (correct)
he booked Borna for a late tackle (probably correct)

he didn't book Gogic for a late "tackle" on Alfredo (which was really just a kick at him when the ball was away)
failed to book the same player for an identical incident to the Kamara booking
then Robertson indicated that Gogic had caught Hagi in the throat with his arm - still no card
Ross was able to sub him off right away

the disallowed "goal" was correct
clear push on Helander (which we have yahoos now saying its aribo that caused it - mentalists)
advantage gained

Back