Jack Ross sacked by Sunderland.

Buxton Bear

Saw this online
7 - Of current teams within the top four tiers of English league football, only Liverpool (1) and Manchester City (6) have lost fewer league games (excl. playoffs) than Sunderland (7) since Jack Ross was appointed ahead of 2018-19
Too many draws and has one of the bigger budgets in that league.

Buxton Bear

Nobody else wanted the job when he took it. He will be able to get another decent job having taken the punt to go into that situation.

Bluebrox

Probably just me, but IMO he seems to have the personality and inspirational attributes of a dish cloth.

jprfc

I was due to meet a client of mine at the Stadium of Light this morning ( hes quite high up behind the scenes ) got a call from him to say hes having to cancel as he has to go straight down to Manchester for a meeting, and he won't be back till tomorrow at the earliest.Manchester is usually where they hold meetings with players agents etc so i'm thinking they're talking with someone over the vacant managers job.

bigy

Apologies if it's been posted already - but Sunderland were recently taken over by Michael Dell who is apparently one of the wealthiest football club owners in the UK.

The management team were well aware that they had to keep winning, and even with that given the scale of investment coming it's no surprise a new owner would go for a new (probably high profile) manager at the earliest opportunity.

I hope Jack Ross and his team get a new job soon, he did a fantastic job at St Mirren so imagine he'd be near the top of the list for any new jobs up here.

Sutton_Blows_goats

Apologies if it's been posted already - but Sunderland were recently taken over by Michael Dell who is apparently one of the wealthiest football club owners in the UK.

The management team were well aware that they had to keep winning, and even with that given the scale of investment coming it's no surprise a new owner would go for a new (probably high profile) manager at the earliest opportunity.

I hope Jack Ross and his team get a new job soon, he did a fantastic job at St Mirren so imagine he'd be near the top of the list for any new jobs up here.
Michael Dell is a corporate snake scumbag. Typical corporate American arsehole. I would be very surprised if he has bought Sunderland because of his love of all things mackem. He will be in it to make $$. There seems to have been a recent trend of Americans buying British football clubs, i suppose it makes sense as a decent investment. Our currency is pretty weak right now so they are always going to get a decent return if the clubs are run correctly and sold in a few years time if the pound drops further...

Woodrow Call

Probably just me, but IMO he seems to have the personality and inspirational attributes of a dish cloth.
Aye very good. St Mirren were odds on for relegation. 9 points adrift at the bottom. He kept them up and the following season they won the league. He's a good manager who took the wrong job.

Bruce_Wayne

Have they not got a crazy budget compared to the rest of that league?

Even still, he'll be Hearts manager by Crimbo I bet.

HCMC_Loyal

Thank god he's gone. Absolutely hopeless manager. Turgid football and one of the worst signing policies I've ever seen. Unfortunately, I doubt that whoever the new manager is will get Sunderland firing on all cylinders; and that's entirely down to Ross building a squad of players who simply aren't good enough...particularly in midfield where there is nowhere near enough creativity. Biggest budget in the league but squandered it on shit.

Actually, that sounds like he's had perfect practice for the Celtic job.

Monts1310

He was doing okay. Something about him I like. Think it's how boring he comes across. I love boring people.

Unfortunately, they need better than okay.

I reckon he'd have got them up this season. Extremely, unlucky last time.

Won't be short of offers, north and south.

jprfc

The takeover is yet to be completed mate

rangeral

The takeover hasn't happened yet but yes Michael Dell's MSD Partners that wish to invest and is still on going despite yesterday report they had pulled out

jprfc

Thank god he's gone. Absolutely hopeless manager. Turgid football and one of the worst signing policies I've ever seen. Unfortunately, I doubt that whoever the new manager is will get Sunderland firing on all cylinders; and that's entirely down to Ross building a squad of players who simply aren't good enough...particularly in midfield where there is nowhere near enough creativity. Biggest budget in the league but squandered it on shit.

Actually, that sounds like he's had perfect practice for the Celtic job.
Jack had to put up with a lot of stuff behind the scenes that the fans don't know about..sure it'll all come out in the next few weeks

Boab4

Heard a pape in work today saying they are interviewing Gerrard for the job.

These folk actually believe this shit.