Jack Ross sacked by Sunderland.

Folk have already mentioned Heart, Hibs and the Sheep.

There will be quite a few arses twitching in the SPL now. One of these clubs will be looking at him as a serious replacement for them.
A think he could do a decent job at hearts hibs or Aberdeen to be fair

Saw this online
7 - Of current teams within the top four tiers of English league football, only Liverpool (1) and Manchester City (6) have lost fewer league games (excl. playoffs) than Sunderland (7) since Jack Ross was appointed ahead of 2018-19
Lies, damned lies and statistics.

He also drew 25 games. Doubt Liverpool and Man City combined drew close to that.

Knee jerk reaction by Sunderland as they are very much still in the mix. Obviously the blow was softened with a pay off.

Doubt if McInnes is going anywhere soon or Levien will allow himself to sack himself. Hibs is a decent option for Ross who might do well there.

Too many draws killed him. I don't think he's a bad manager but will be interesting to see how he comes back from this.

I still don't think Sunderland are certs to go back up by any means.

He is likely to get a job up here on the strength at his time at St Mirren. Wouldn’t be surprised if he lands up at St Johnstone.

Sunderland fan at work said the fans weren't happy last season, too many draws and the football is too defensive and poor viewing. Same has continued this season so not surprised.

Not sure he'll walk into a team of hearts or hibs standard tbh.

Will end up at Hibs as they are more likely to sack their manager before the sheep do.

No chance he goes to Hearts while Levein in boardroom.

Good manager and know a relative of his very well. He prefers them though.

Wonder who Sunderland will go after, they might go for McInnes as they tried to get him before Ross. Sheep fans would be delighted with that

Had been coming if honest it didn't work out in the end

Only had 9 month left of his contract so doubt any pay-off would be huge

The club are no longer the basketcase some have posted about - simply tided up and working within budget

I wish him well where ever ends up

Sunderland fan at work said the fans weren't happy last season, too many draws and the football is too defensive and poor viewing. Same has continued this season so not surprised.

Not sure he'll walk into a team of hearts or hibs standard tbh.
He’d easily walk in to a Hearts Hibs type job. Seems odd those Sunderland fans never took to him and wanted him out when he only lost seven games

I thought he'd be a disaster at Sunderland but quite the reverse. That must be their highest league position for ages. Nevertheless he may come back to Scotland better for this experience and I hope he won't cause us any problems in the future.

Jack Ross, tough gig at Sunderland - huge resources yes, but absilute basket case of a club.
6th in league and challenging again for promotion. Should have been given more time.
Could swing that round and say biggest budget in the division has had a year in division to plan ahead and faltering

Found his level at St Mirren or got landed with a impossible job at Sunderland ?
I’m not sure how you can possibly work out that he found his level at at mirren. It’s a massive jump to Sunderland from there, and an incredibly difficult job as the club is a mess.

Saw this online
7 - Of current teams within the top four tiers of English league football, only Liverpool (1) and Manchester City (6) have lost fewer league games (excl. playoffs) than Sunderland (7) since Jack Ross was appointed ahead of 2018-19

Too many draws and has one of the bigger budgets in that league.

Nobody else wanted the job when he took it. He will be able to get another decent job having taken the punt to go into that situation.

Probably just me, but IMO he seems to have the personality and inspirational attributes of a dish cloth.

KWQQdVp.gif

I was due to meet a client of mine at the Stadium of Light this morning ( hes quite high up behind the scenes ) got a call from him to say hes having to cancel as he has to go straight down to Manchester for a meeting, and he won't be back till tomorrow at the earliest.Manchester is usually where they hold meetings with players agents etc so i'm thinking they're talking with someone over the vacant managers job.

Apologies if it's been posted already - but Sunderland were recently taken over by Michael Dell who is apparently one of the wealthiest football club owners in the UK.

The management team were well aware that they had to keep winning, and even with that given the scale of investment coming it's no surprise a new owner would go for a new (probably high profile) manager at the earliest opportunity.

I hope Jack Ross and his team get a new job soon, he did a fantastic job at St Mirren so imagine he'd be near the top of the list for any new jobs up here.

Apologies if it's been posted already - but Sunderland were recently taken over by Michael Dell who is apparently one of the wealthiest football club owners in the UK.

The management team were well aware that they had to keep winning, and even with that given the scale of investment coming it's no surprise a new owner would go for a new (probably high profile) manager at the earliest opportunity.

I hope Jack Ross and his team get a new job soon, he did a fantastic job at St Mirren so imagine he'd be near the top of the list for any new jobs up here.
Michael Dell is a corporate snake scumbag. Typical corporate American arsehole. I would be very surprised if he has bought Sunderland because of his love of all things mackem. He will be in it to make $$. There seems to have been a recent trend of Americans buying British football clubs, i suppose it makes sense as a decent investment. Our currency is pretty weak right now so they are always going to get a decent return if the clubs are run correctly and sold in a few years time if the pound drops further...

Probably just me, but IMO he seems to have the personality and inspirational attributes of a dish cloth.

Aye very good. St Mirren were odds on for relegation. 9 points adrift at the bottom. He kept them up and the following season they won the league. He's a good manager who took the wrong job.

Have they not got a crazy budget compared to the rest of that league?

Even still, he'll be Hearts manager by Crimbo I bet.

Thank god he's gone. Absolutely hopeless manager. Turgid football and one of the worst signing policies I've ever seen. Unfortunately, I doubt that whoever the new manager is will get Sunderland firing on all cylinders; and that's entirely down to Ross building a squad of players who simply aren't good enough...particularly in midfield where there is nowhere near enough creativity. Biggest budget in the league but squandered it on shit.

Actually, that sounds like he's had perfect practice for the Celtic job.

He was doing okay. Something about him I like. Think it's how boring he comes across. I love boring people.

Unfortunately, they need better than okay.

I reckon he'd have got them up this season. Extremely, unlucky last time.

Won't be short of offers, north and south.

The takeover is yet to be completed mate

The takeover hasn't happened yet but yes Michael Dell's MSD Partners that wish to invest and is still on going despite yesterday report they had pulled out

Thank god he's gone. Absolutely hopeless manager. Turgid football and one of the worst signing policies I've ever seen. Unfortunately, I doubt that whoever the new manager is will get Sunderland firing on all cylinders; and that's entirely down to Ross building a squad of players who simply aren't good enough...particularly in midfield where there is nowhere near enough creativity. Biggest budget in the league but squandered it on shit.

Actually, that sounds like he's had perfect practice for the Celtic job.
Jack had to put up with a lot of stuff behind the scenes that the fans don't know about..sure it'll all come out in the next few weeks

Back