Jack Ross we need to examine how Scottish football is run

uneasydaz

Hibs manager Jack Ross has accused the SPFL of providing “weak” reasoning for moving his side’s trip to Celtic Park.

Ross believes the decision to accept Celtic’s fixture request, and the punishment of St Mirren and Kilmarnock for Covid-19 breaches, highlight the need to examine how Scottish football is run.

Ross was “surprised” to discover his side’s trip to Parkhead had been moved from a Saturday afternoon to January 11, a Monday night, after Hibs had rejected Celtic’s request, which was made to enable them to go on a warm-weather training camp.

Iain Blair, SPFL director of operations, claimed he had given Hibs one hour notice of his decision and was following league policy by favouring the home club.

Ross said: “Celtic were well within their rights to request a fixture change. The SPFL’s reasoning and explanation is weak but I disagree with that.

“There’s nothing we can do but I don’t think it was handled properly.

“When it comes around it’ll be fine. The game we play afterwards will be okay.

“People mistake any complaint over that game being moved to believe it weakens you for any future match

“It’s more to do with the way it came around and how easy it was for the SPFL to make that decision.

“I don’t think that’s been the case in the past. I don’t think it’s ever been as easy to request a fixture change and for the SPFL to be so accommodating.”

Ross was just as disappointed with an SPFL tribunal’s decision to consign St Mirren to 3-0 defeats against Motherwell and Hamilton and Kilmarnock to the same punishment for their postponed game against the Steelmen.

“I don’t agree the punishment is befitting of the breaches,” Ross said.

“The SPFL have deemed it a fit punishment. We all have to adhere to that but I think it’s a disappointing day for Scottish football when we get to that point. I’m sure it will happen again as the season goes on.”

The former St Mirren boss added: “I don’t think those clubs have sought to seek any sporting advantage or sought to cut any corners. I can’t believe that for one second and I don’t think any of the evidence suggests that.

“Reading some of the breaches they’ve been found guilty of, like not sitting far enough apart on a coach, I’m sure players have sat closer together on an aeroplane with national teams.

“It was sadness and disappointment when we decide a 3-0 victory should be rewarded when clubs have been trying to do their best in very challenging circumstances.”

Stephen Robinson’s Motherwell side moved up three places in the Scottish Premiership and can cut the deficit on Hibs to two points when the teams meet at Fir Park on Saturday.

“It’s nothing to do with Stephen or the club, they just happen to be in the midst of these games,” Ross said.

“They’d have believed they’d have won both anyway.

“It could have ramifications. You’d hope nothing was decided at the end of the season based on a game that was awarded a 3-0 victory. Even the 3-0 scoreline baffles me.

“I’m sure someone can try and find out how many times a team wins by three goals in the Premiership.”

Ross believes Scottish football should be dealing with the pandemic better than it is.

“I’d hope in the midst of the challenges of the last ten months we as an industry learn from any mistakes we’ve made or the flaws highlighted in our processes,” he said.

“Experience would tell me we’ve been in situations before which have made us reflect on processes and how we promote our game and we don’t get it right, which is a shame.

“It’s such a big part of culture and history and so many people care about it. So many things went on this week [that] highlight there are too many flaws.”

Oh fuck off.

Rangers highlight a large volume of discrepancies in the governance of Scottish football and put forward a proposal simply to look into it.

Scottish football tells Rangers to fuck off.

What? 3 months? down the line and this kind of thing appears?

You have all made your bed, you all had your chances and until you are willing and able to look at genuine change not just when something happens against your shitty wee club, wind your neck in.

You have to despair at the complete lack of awareness of these tits.
It obviously doesn't occur to them that a chance to address the inadequacies of the SPFL regime was offered up to them in the summer but their clubs completely ignored it.
Now they see that they personally are suffering we are all meant to shed tears for them?

I just hope to God we are not considering any warm weather training camps heart rate through the roof even thinking about it.

Maybe, just maybe, the eyes of the SPFL clubs are beginning to open and see what's going on in this corrupt little country.

The wind of change might be starting to blow through the corridors of power.

And change is needed.

Rip Van Winkles stirring now, the gift was on a plate for an investigation but hey unbelievable short sightedness.

First I’ve seen that the request for the postponement was so the Scum could go to a warm weather training camp. That must involve going abroad in the middle of this pandemic. That they intend to go abroad just now is ridiculous and for the SPFL to effectively sanction this non-essential foreign travel is, I would think, potentially criminal under present travel restrictions. As Jack Ross says players would be in closer company to each other on a plane than at a meal or on buses yet they are doing it twice.
Hope they all get infected, should be at least three 3 - 0 decisions against them.

Hibs manager Jack Ross has accused the SPFL of providing “weak” reasoning for moving his side’s trip to Celtic Park.

Ross believes the decision to accept Celtic’s fixture request, and the punishment of St Mirren and Kilmarnock for Covid-19 breaches, highlight the need to examine how Scottish football is run.

Ross was “surprised” to discover his side’s trip to Parkhead had been moved from a Saturday afternoon to January 11, a Monday night, after Hibs had rejected Celtic’s request, which was made to enable them to go on a warm-weather training camp.

Iain Blair, SPFL director of operations, claimed he had given Hibs one hour notice of his decision and was following league policy by favouring the home club.

Ross said: “Celtic were well within their rights to request a fixture change. The SPFL’s reasoning and explanation is weak but I disagree with that.

“There’s nothing we can do but I don’t think it was handled properly.

“When it comes around it’ll be fine. The game we play afterwards will be okay.

“People mistake any complaint over that game being moved to believe it weakens you for any future match

“It’s more to do with the way it came around and how easy it was for the SPFL to make that decision.

“I don’t think that’s been the case in the past. I don’t think it’s ever been as easy to request a fixture change and for the SPFL to be so accommodating.”

Ross was just as disappointed with an SPFL tribunal’s decision to consign St Mirren to 3-0 defeats against Motherwell and Hamilton and Kilmarnock to the same punishment for their postponed game against the Steelmen.

“I don’t agree the punishment is befitting of the breaches,” Ross said.

“The SPFL have deemed it a fit punishment. We all have to adhere to that but I think it’s a disappointing day for Scottish football when we get to that point. I’m sure it will happen again as the season goes on.”

The former St Mirren boss added: “I don’t think those clubs have sought to seek any sporting advantage or sought to cut any corners. I can’t believe that for one second and I don’t think any of the evidence suggests that.

“Reading some of the breaches they’ve been found guilty of, like not sitting far enough apart on a coach, I’m sure players have sat closer together on an aeroplane with national teams.

“It was sadness and disappointment when we decide a 3-0 victory should be rewarded when clubs have been trying to do their best in very challenging circumstances.”

Stephen Robinson’s Motherwell side moved up three places in the Scottish Premiership and can cut the deficit on Hibs to two points when the teams meet at Fir Park on Saturday.

“It’s nothing to do with Stephen or the club, they just happen to be in the midst of these games,” Ross said.

“They’d have believed they’d have won both anyway.

“It could have ramifications. You’d hope nothing was decided at the end of the season based on a game that was awarded a 3-0 victory. Even the 3-0 scoreline baffles me.

“I’m sure someone can try and find out how many times a team wins by three goals in the Premiership.”

Ross believes Scottish football should be dealing with the pandemic better than it is.

“I’d hope in the midst of the challenges of the last ten months we as an industry learn from any mistakes we’ve made or the flaws highlighted in our processes,” he said.

“Experience would tell me we’ve been in situations before which have made us reflect on processes and how we promote our game and we don’t get it right, which is a shame.

“It’s such a big part of culture and history and so many people care about it. So many things went on this week [that] highlight there are too many flaws.”
They had their chance to change it and voted against it to appease one club

Edinburgh sellik are doing some amount of moaning,where do they get the time to whinge?
That club and it's support are endlessly licking the shoe fayre brogues of Liddell and his ilk down sharkheid way.

Another new rule made up after the offences of other teams were basically overlooked.
A shambles of an organisation doing as they want when they want. They had their chance to change the way these corrupt scum operate before the start of the season and ignored it to allow celtic to steal the league and help themselves. It's coming back to bite their arses now. Only themselves to blame.fukkemall.

It's early December and the league have already put themselves in an awkward position with these forfeit wins.

We must be the only place where they don't want games played, from abandoning seasons to posting 3-0 results. Yet we're playing last season's Cup...
Their history to be made don't you know!! Probably cancel the league cup as being non essential soon

It's early December and the league have already put themselves in an awkward position with these forfeit wins.

We must be the only place where they don't want games played, from abandoning seasons to posting 3-0 results. Yet we're playing last season's Cup...
Lots of digging behind the scenes in to the opponents where Celtic have dropped points this season.

All clubs had there chance for an independent investigation with us footing the bill and we know what happened there looks like there is many clubs now pissed off with the SPFL and there dubious conduct.

Oh fuck off.

Rangers highlight a large volume of discrepancies in the governance of Scottish football and put forward a proposal simply to look into it.

Scottish football tells Rangers to fuck off.

What? 3 months? down the line and this kind of thing appears?

You have all made your bed, you all had your chances and until you are willing and able to look at genuine change not just when something happens against your shitty wee club, wind your neck in.
Took the words out of my mouth mate.

First I’ve seen that the request for the postponement was so the Scum could go to a warm weather training camp. That must involve going abroad in the middle of this pandemic. That they intend to go abroad just now is ridiculous and for the SPFL to effectively sanction this non-essential foreign travel is, I would think, potentially criminal under present travel restrictions. As Jack Ross says players would be in closer company to each other on a plane than at a meal or on buses yet they are doing it twice.
Hope they all get infected, should be at least three 3 - 0 decisions against them.
From the Scottish government website:

More generally, given the state of the pandemic, people who live in Scotland are strongly advised against any non-essential overseas travel.

so there’s every chance we‘ll have these restrictions in January until a vaccine can be administered to the bulk of the population and Celtic think it’s a good idea to %^*& off abroad on a jolly.

no condemnation from the SPFL - in fact they move fixtures around to accommodate it!

In a season fraught with so many challenges to the fixture list, following a season when the entire integrity of the fixture list was crushed in totally suspicious circumstances with devastating financial implications for so many, then this request from Filth FC should have been dealt with the curtest of rejections.
Indeed the sense of entitlement that accompanies this request is beyond parody given the current situation.
That the request was given the green light and waved through almost with obsequious alacrity tells any onlooker much about Scottish football.

If the SPFL were neither corrupt, nor merely pandering to Celtic, and had any balls they would tell them their two games in hand would be played midweek Jan 6th and Jan 13th 2021 and if they can't fulfill them due to a fucking warm-weather training camp in Dubai (in a season where we're not even having a winter break to limit potential fixture congestion) in the middle of this fucking pandemic, then they will forfeit each tie 0-3, such is the precedent that was set yesterday!

Oh, and as for the diddy teams all now wanting to "evaluate how the Scottish game is run" just because they are now affected... they can all go fuck themselves!! What an absolute joke.

Back