Jack Ross we need to examine how Scottish football is run

Oh fuck off.

Rangers highlight a large volume of discrepancies in the governance of Scottish football and put forward a proposal simply to look into it.

Scottish football tells Rangers to fuck off.

What? 3 months? down the line and this kind of thing appears?

You have all made your bed, you all had your chances and until you are willing and able to look at genuine change not just when something happens against your shitty wee club, wind your neck in.

This was the dossier 200 pages read in an afternoon which the fat Japanese deemed as laughable if I'm remembering correctly

Hibs manager Jack Ross has accused the SPFL of providing “weak” reasoning for moving his side’s trip to Celtic Park.

Ross believes the decision to accept Celtic’s fixture request, and the punishment of St Mirren and Kilmarnock for Covid-19 breaches, highlight the need to examine how Scottish football is run.

Ross was “surprised” to discover his side’s trip to Parkhead had been moved from a Saturday afternoon to January 11, a Monday night, after Hibs had rejected Celtic’s request, which was made to enable them to go on a warm-weather training camp.

Iain Blair, SPFL director of operations, claimed he had given Hibs one hour notice of his decision and was following league policy by favouring the home club.

Ross said: “Celtic were well within their rights to request a fixture change. The SPFL’s reasoning and explanation is weak but I disagree with that.

“There’s nothing we can do but I don’t think it was handled properly.

“When it comes around it’ll be fine. The game we play afterwards will be okay.

“People mistake any complaint over that game being moved to believe it weakens you for any future match

“It’s more to do with the way it came around and how easy it was for the SPFL to make that decision.

“I don’t think that’s been the case in the past. I don’t think it’s ever been as easy to request a fixture change and for the SPFL to be so accommodating.”

Ross was just as disappointed with an SPFL tribunal’s decision to consign St Mirren to 3-0 defeats against Motherwell and Hamilton and Kilmarnock to the same punishment for their postponed game against the Steelmen.

“I don’t agree the punishment is befitting of the breaches,” Ross said.

“The SPFL have deemed it a fit punishment. We all have to adhere to that but I think it’s a disappointing day for Scottish football when we get to that point. I’m sure it will happen again as the season goes on.”

The former St Mirren boss added: “I don’t think those clubs have sought to seek any sporting advantage or sought to cut any corners. I can’t believe that for one second and I don’t think any of the evidence suggests that.

“Reading some of the breaches they’ve been found guilty of, like not sitting far enough apart on a coach, I’m sure players have sat closer together on an aeroplane with national teams.

“It was sadness and disappointment when we decide a 3-0 victory should be rewarded when clubs have been trying to do their best in very challenging circumstances.”

Stephen Robinson’s Motherwell side moved up three places in the Scottish Premiership and can cut the deficit on Hibs to two points when the teams meet at Fir Park on Saturday.

“It’s nothing to do with Stephen or the club, they just happen to be in the midst of these games,” Ross said.

“They’d have believed they’d have won both anyway.

“It could have ramifications. You’d hope nothing was decided at the end of the season based on a game that was awarded a 3-0 victory. Even the 3-0 scoreline baffles me.

“I’m sure someone can try and find out how many times a team wins by three goals in the Premiership.”

Ross believes Scottish football should be dealing with the pandemic better than it is.

“I’d hope in the midst of the challenges of the last ten months we as an industry learn from any mistakes we’ve made or the flaws highlighted in our processes,” he said.

“Experience would tell me we’ve been in situations before which have made us reflect on processes and how we promote our game and we don’t get it right, which is a shame.

“It’s such a big part of culture and history and so many people care about it. So many things went on this week [that] highlight there are too many flaws.”
Zrz4EVb.gif

Going to firmly put on the tin hat on here and suggest he's actually spoken sensibly here.I get the impression Ross wouldn't fit in well at the BJK camp as he has a slight tinge of integrity.

More than can be said of the rest of Hivs though that's for sure.

It's early December and the league have already put themselves in an awkward position with these forfeit wins.

We must be the only place where they don't want games played, from abandoning seasons to posting 3-0 results. Yet we're playing last season's Cup...
I agree 100%, and what's more worrying is that they are never taken to task for the double standards. As mentioned in previous posts Scottish clubs had their chance to question how our game was being run but voted against the proposal made by Rangers.

Going to firmly put on the tin hat on here and suggest he's actually spoken sensibly here.I get the impression Ross wouldn't fit in well at the BJK camp as he has a slight tinge of integrity.

More than can be said of the rest of Hivs though that's for sure.
He was Hibs manager when they voted against a Rangers-paid-for investigation into the governance of Scottish football, when that governance directly led to their city rival being relegated unfairly. He did not speak out.

Now he has to play a game a few days away from when he thought he would have to, he wants Scottish football's governance to be looked at?

He said it all without a hint of a red neck.

Why did the SPFL do it so readily? The answer is in Celtic's own statement

In a statement, the Parkhead club said: "Celtic can confirm that its match against Hibernian scheduled for the New Year has been moved to Monday 11th January 2021 with a 19:45hrs kick-off The club, through the proper SPFL process has made this request with a view to arranging a winter training camp during this particular week, something which has proven hugely beneficial to the squad in recent seasons”.

blatant favoritism no mid season breaks - except for one club.

But you Hibs bastards and all the others - you made your bed, now you must phucking lie in it.

From the Scottish government website:

More generally, given the state of the pandemic, people who live in Scotland are strongly advised against any non-essential overseas travel.

so there’s every chance we‘ll have these restrictions in January until a vaccine can be administered to the bulk of the population and Celtic think it’s a good idea to %^*& off abroad on a jolly.

no condemnation from the SPFL - in fact they move fixtures around to accommodate it!
I wonder if Adam Tomkin or Murdo Fraser might raise this in the super toon cooncil. Two Rangers supporters like us. Neither is my MSP or I would contact them directly. Perhaps anyone who has them as an MSP or Donald Cameron (Shadow Cabinet Secretary for Health and Sport) could contact them and politely ask them to raise the issue of an organisation that want public pandemic related support funding sanctioning breaking Government travel restrictions.

So during covid when we being told by the spfl games must be played to help with completing the season - Celtic are allowed to postpone a game so they can get some sunshine?
You think they would play there games in hand first obviously hoping they can fix all there problems with a bit of son

In fairness to him, absolutely nobody saw this coming.

At the end of the day, it should’ve been raised in the summer for all the clubs to look into governance. Shame nobody put together a collection of information showing how poorly Scottish football is governed.

Funny how when it effects them they care. Not when it relegates there main rival . That’s the reason hibs voted against our proposal. They appeased their support that’s it

He was Hibs manager when they voted against a Rangers-paid-for investigation into the governance of Scottish football, when that governance directly led to their city rival being relegated unfairly. He did not speak out.

Now he has to play a game a few days away from when he thought he would have to, he wants Scottish football's governance to be looked at?

He said it all without a hint of a red neck.
Perhaps he should have a wee word with his ex chairman, the one with the huge moostache.

Nice to see Ross coming in and rocking the boat. Of course your club chose to relegate a close neighbour and award the championship to bheast FC so maybe you should have spoken out a bit more at the time.

Hibs, St Mirren and Kilmarnock. Bunch of f*cking zoomers.

Don’t believe the lies next time then.

Taken on it’s own merit, he is correct to highlight how easily the SPFL bent over to accommodate one teams request.

However the breathtaking hypocrisy of it after what we attempted to do in the summer really is staggering.

Dear Jack,

your club had the chance in April to look into the shambolic running of Scottish football.

Rangers even said they would foot the bill.

Your club sided with the filth. Now, you have seen the filth and those running the league for what they are, this time at your own club's expense.

Rangers fans could say; 'We told you so'.

I'd rather we say' 'Sod you shower of anti- Rangers @rseholes. You had your chance and passed it up.'

Maybe Jack Ross could have a word with Prof Jason thingummee to get the unbiased view of a Health professional, and maybe phone wee nik as well?

Agree with what you reap what you sow but I cannot see his comments in Mark's back pages so I guess he is right and if we dont get the majority to change their mind to what we were saying it will remain the status quo and e will see admin decisions that will affect trophies

I wonder if Adam Tomkin or Murdo Fraser might raise this in the super toon cooncil. Two Rangers supporters like us. Neither is my MSP or I would contact them directly. Perhaps anyone who has them as an MSP or Donald Cameron (Shadow Cabinet Secretary for Health and Sport) could contact them and politely ask them to raise the issue of an organisation that want public pandemic related support funding sanctioning breaking Government travel restrictions.
the British gov.have eased travel restrictions for high value travellers.

The replies on this thread were to be expected and I don't disagree with them. Clubs had a chance to change things for the better but didn't and it's easy to say f*^k them. That being said I don't think we should dismiss Ross's comments and how it could effect the bigger picture.

Liewell and his lackeys run Scottish football. The situation isn't going to change anytime soon unless other clubs wake up to what's going on and start questioning it. I know they had their chance with the vote but do we just accept that vote as game over and let ceptic run the game for ever more.

Surely Rangers as a club should be trying to get other clubs on board with them to try and change things. The more people in prominent positions that speak out against how the game is run must help our cause in the long run.

I know what Ross said was probably only because it affected his own club and there is a massive amount of hypocrisy in his comments but at least it highlights what's going on.

The replies on this thread were to be expected and I don't disagree with them. Clubs had a chance to change things for the better but didn't and it's easy to say f*^k them. That being said I don't think we should dismiss Ross's comments and how it could effect the bigger picture.

Liewell and his lackeys run Scottish football. The situation isn't going to change anytime soon unless other clubs wake up to what's going on and start questioning it. I know they had their chance with the vote but do we just accept that vote as game over and let ceptic run the game for ever more.

Surely Rangers as a club should be trying to get other clubs on board with them to try and change things. The more people in prominent positions that speak out against how the game is run must help our cause in the long run.

I know what Ross said was probably only because it affected his own club and there is a massive amount of hypocrisy in his comments but at least it highlights what's going on.
Absolutely not.

Other clubs should be trying to get Rangers on board to try and change things.

Make absolutely no mistake over this mate, when celtic were doing well and winning things and hearts were getting relegated, hibs wanted nothing to do with looking at how Scottish football is governed. They literally voted against an independent inquiry paid for by us.

Fast forward only a few months and celtic's vice like grip on all domestic trophies has been shattered by Ross County, Rangers are running away with the league and hibs have once again been relegated to an irrelevance/not of any value to celtic, in the current climate, have been remind of this by the authorities AND celtic they want things looked at?

Fine. Absolutely fine. it is now THEIR job to get Rangers on board with wanting a review and frankly, from where we are sat, as little rocking of the boat this season as possible is 100% the way to go for us. Perhaps if they offer to pay for an independent inquiry at the end of the season we can consider it but for now we have 3 domestic trophies to aim at and no cabal of mentally challengeds appears able to halt it. Carry on as we are thanks.

the British gov.have eased travel restrictions for high value travellers.
I’m guessing that a football club travelling for a few days warm weather training and soaking up some sun isn’t covered by that.
Anyway asking the question of Mrs Murrell as to why they can go a wee holiday, not playing a game and only doing what they could do here, taking the risk of bringing infection back with them but the rest of us can’t would bring a spotlight onto the situation. After all the Nats really want to close the borders don’t they.

Hibs manager Jack Ross has accused the SPFL of providing “weak” reasoning for moving his side’s trip to Celtic Park.

Ross believes the decision to accept Celtic’s fixture request, and the punishment of St Mirren and Kilmarnock for Covid-19 breaches, highlight the need to examine how Scottish football is run.

Ross was “surprised” to discover his side’s trip to Parkhead had been moved from a Saturday afternoon to January 11, a Monday night, after Hibs had rejected Celtic’s request, which was made to enable them to go on a warm-weather training camp.

Iain Blair, SPFL director of operations, claimed he had given Hibs one hour notice of his decision and was following league policy by favouring the home club.

Ross said: “Celtic were well within their rights to request a fixture change. The SPFL’s reasoning and explanation is weak but I disagree with that.

“There’s nothing we can do but I don’t think it was handled properly.

“When it comes around it’ll be fine. The game we play afterwards will be okay.

“People mistake any complaint over that game being moved to believe it weakens you for any future match

“It’s more to do with the way it came around and how easy it was for the SPFL to make that decision.

“I don’t think that’s been the case in the past. I don’t think it’s ever been as easy to request a fixture change and for the SPFL to be so accommodating.”

Ross was just as disappointed with an SPFL tribunal’s decision to consign St Mirren to 3-0 defeats against Motherwell and Hamilton and Kilmarnock to the same punishment for their postponed game against the Steelmen.

“I don’t agree the punishment is befitting of the breaches,” Ross said.

“The SPFL have deemed it a fit punishment. We all have to adhere to that but I think it’s a disappointing day for Scottish football when we get to that point. I’m sure it will happen again as the season goes on.”

The former St Mirren boss added: “I don’t think those clubs have sought to seek any sporting advantage or sought to cut any corners. I can’t believe that for one second and I don’t think any of the evidence suggests that.

“Reading some of the breaches they’ve been found guilty of, like not sitting far enough apart on a coach, I’m sure players have sat closer together on an aeroplane with national teams.

“It was sadness and disappointment when we decide a 3-0 victory should be rewarded when clubs have been trying to do their best in very challenging circumstances.”

Stephen Robinson’s Motherwell side moved up three places in the Scottish Premiership and can cut the deficit on Hibs to two points when the teams meet at Fir Park on Saturday.

“It’s nothing to do with Stephen or the club, they just happen to be in the midst of these games,” Ross said.

“They’d have believed they’d have won both anyway.

“It could have ramifications. You’d hope nothing was decided at the end of the season based on a game that was awarded a 3-0 victory. Even the 3-0 scoreline baffles me.

“I’m sure someone can try and find out how many times a team wins by three goals in the Premiership.”

Ross believes Scottish football should be dealing with the pandemic better than it is.

“I’d hope in the midst of the challenges of the last ten months we as an industry learn from any mistakes we’ve made or the flaws highlighted in our processes,” he said.

“Experience would tell me we’ve been in situations before which have made us reflect on processes and how we promote our game and we don’t get it right, which is a shame.

“It’s such a big part of culture and history and so many people care about it. So many things went on this week [that] highlight there are too many flaws.”

%^*& them. That ship has well & truly sailed.

Not surprisingly, not a mention of any criticism of the SPFL in relation to celtic dictating fixture dates or travelling abroad on BBC Scotland online or radio today. Completely ignored despite lengthy coverage of the covid breaches of Killie, st mirren and Dundee utd.

He makes some good points but difficult to give any credence to a club that ignored our request for an inquiry only six months ago.

Back