Jack Simpson signed on a pre-contract - confirmed

We continue to sign under the radar players , or players sitting on the sidelines, up and coming players and it shows that our scouting system is excellent. We’ve turned them into important players for us. Eg Kent and Aribo. Hopefully this is another one.
Good shout, plus he’s English which means if he does well we can sell him back into English football for good £.

Do you have a suspicion Simpson will be here by then?.
Bournemouth statement says the agreement they have with Rangers means he’s with them til end of season.

Found it interesting we didn’t announce Ofoborh at same time. Wonder if he could be here over the next few days?

Great news - don't know anything about him but I'll trust our management and scouting team.

Welcome to Rangers Jack.

Bournemouth statement says the agreement they have with Rangers means he’s with them til end of season
Can’t see George leaving till the summer then Gerrard has mentioned a few times (again last night) that he needs 4 centre backs.

Niko won’t be anywhere near ready & not sure King is physically ready for senior football as of yet.

Not sure I agree with the concensus that two will be off, chances are that we will have some games next season that are a big step up in difficulty from what we are used to when we are playing CL football and I think a larger squad will be good to aid with rotation and cover for possibilities like injuries or covid cases etc

Bournemouth statement says the agreement they have with Rangers means he’s with them til end of season.

Found it interesting we didn’t announce Ofoborh at same time. Wonder if he could be here over the next few days?
I would say that is very likely otherwise we would have announced both. I don’t think there would be a significant fee for Ofoborh

Not saying he won’t be more than a squad player, truth is, we don’t know. Just saying players can improve and under the current coaching team, plenty have.
You'd think fans would give Gerrard/Wilson/Scouts a bit of credit regarding signings eh?

Cardiff were willing to pay £750k with 6 months left on his contract. So, if it turned out he wasn't the required standard for us, it looks like we'll be able to sell him for a tidy sum. Win-Win

Had to laugh at some of the Bournemouth forums in regarding Rangers and Scottish football.
Step down..yadayadaya.
Bournemouth ffs,our training facilty is bigger than their ground.

Left sided CH. So that's Helander and Simpson for that role. Goldson, Katic and Edumndson and Balogun if we take the option up for another year. That's 6 CH's who we shipping out? Edmundson then we either don't offer Balogun the year or we move Katic on.

Welcome to Rangers, Jack Simpson.

Gerrard and Wilson obviously rate this lad. We’ve seen what Gerrard and his staff have done with taking players to the next level. Our defence this season is an iron curtain with every player that has played in there, improved under Gerrard.

Preparations for next season and the future well under way. There is no stalling, we look to continue to improve.

Left sided CH. So that's Helander and Simpson for that role. Goldson, Katic and Edumndson and Balogun if we take the option up for another year. That's 6 CH's who we shipping out? Edmundson then we either don't offer Balogun the year or we move Katic on.
I’d be happy to see Katic loaned to a good team but where he is guaranteed starter. Then maybe sell Goldson next year and Katic to take his place if performed well enough. Edmundson either a loan or sell. Perhaps loaning to another SPL team where he’d strengthen them against the rest but not harm us. But for all we know Goldson and/or Helander may already be in the plans to be shipped out or some other plan.

Certainly we should always bring in good players when we have the opportunity, let’s hope he’s as good as the other centre half’s we’ve brought in.

First choice:

Goldson and Helander

Backup:

Simpson (left centre half)
Balogun (right centre half)

Katic/Fridge - one sold and one sent out on loan to come back and replace Balogun the following season.

The ideal scenario.

Happy with this. So that's us now have -

Goldson, Helander, Balogun, Edmundson, Katic & Simpson for next season. Surely one will be off.

Hope its not Balogun, hopefully we can get him for another year. I would loan Edmundson out for the full season tbh.
Edmundson will be away on loan by the window closing imo, with a view to a permanent exit in the summer.

Exactly. This a player that Derby were interested in, and Tavernier has shown us that that there are players with potential out there. I'm not saying he will be as good as Tavernier, but the lesson is that we can't write off players if they play in lower leagues.

Absolutely agree.

The club is just on overdrive at the moment mate.

Got a good feeling about this one. Not exactly an area we needed to strengthen tbh so they must see something in him to think he will be pushing for a start as I doubt he is coming as cover - we have plenty can do that role.

Wonder if Goldson could be on the move in the summer for big money as he is currently better than most of the EPL defenders.

Got a good feeling about this one. Not exactly an area we needed to strengthen tbh so they must see something in him to think he will be pushing for a start as I doubt he is coming as cover - we have plenty can do that role.

Wonder if Goldson could be on the move in the summer for big money as he is currently better than most of the EPL defenders.

Good point, and may even be Helander. It was noted in his interview he made a comment along the lines of ‘I’m happy when I’m playing’ or something similar.

This is a weird one.

Gerrard is on record saying we want Balogun for next season meaning right now we have..

Goldson
Katic
Helander
Balogun
Edmondson
Simpson

As first team CB's for next season.

It doesn't look good for Edmondson tbh but I hope we ain't planning on getting rid of Katic as I'm a big fan of his.
Edmundson will leave
Katic on loan

Goldson and balogun for one place
Helander and Simpson for the other

Assuming (and hoping) that Goldson stays for a crack at the CL so it's 1 from 3 that would be kept.

I think Edmundson is definitely a goner. So whether it's Katic or Balogun for the other spot will largely depend, I think, on Katic's injury prognosis. If it looks good, I think he'll stay and be one of the 4 CBs. If not, then we'll extend Balogun's contract and possibly loan out Katic for a season to recover/prove his fitness.

Goldson couldn’t get a game in the EPL ahead of Shane Duffy, Simpson will be Helanders back up anyway & a player we can develop.

Good signing.

Some posters still think we should be signing the England captain.

Honestly the mind boggles at times.

Last time I watched him he got absolutely rinsed at Anfield. Would be shocked if he wasn't an upgrade on Edmundson right enough.

Compare and contrast this to how others conduct their business:

“The situation with pre contract negotiations is never an easy one and I extend my thanks to Richard Hughes, my counterpart at Bournemouth, for how he has handled our interest in Jack.”

I love the professionalism at Rangers right now and our reputation as a good club to work with - even when we are snapping up your players for free!

We paid a decent fee for Edmundson (750k i think) so to get that back he needs to go on loan. A good 6 months and teams would be happy to pay a fee for him.

Similar with Jones nobody is going to pay for him just now but a decent 6 months somewhere might drum up some interest.

That's what I was thinking.

Back