Jack Simpson

Since the day the manager and his team arrived one thing they always mention is the 'non negotiables'. One of them is always putting your body on the line for the team.

He mentioned, without naming names, that this wasn't the case in the Motherwell game for their goal. Clearly he was referring to Simpson's attempt at stopping it.

I think you're probably right, but it's still quite odd to see him suddenly disappear when we're suffering a bit of a crisis in said position. Maybe Bassey is now the preferred option.

Not that I'm complaining. Nisbet would have eaten him alive yesterday.
Bassey got massively exposed in Prague.

But I’d still have him ahead of Simpson

These types of threads always remind me from this scene in Full Metal Jacket

fmj-fullmetaljacket.gif

Everyone just piles in with the criticism, The Japanese lad that plays up front for Celtic gets more support on here than Simpson

He’d probably be better at centre back than Simpson as well.

Capped at youth / U21 level for England, a low risk signing we were hoping would come good. Unfortunately hasn't worked out that way.

There was a 90 second training clip on RTV a few weeks ago in the build up to the Dundee game. It showed the players playing a small sided game and Simpson gave the ball away 3 times in the 90 second clip. It looked like he was struggling. The confidence is gone but I just don’t think he’s got the ability or concentration levels required. Our staff know a lot more than me though so hopefully they can improve him.

Perhaps he's a late developer?
I haven't quite written him off but this will be the critical season.
Perhaps but more likely he was an early developer which helped him stand out among his peers. Now it could be they’ve now caught up and he’s been found out.

I still have hope for the boy as I did for Alfie , Borna ,Kent , Lundstram and many others when they were getting slaughtered .
He needs to be more aggressive like Balagun has been since he had a nightmare at right back and I'm sure the staff are working on that aspect of his game.

I still have hope for the boy as I did for Alfie , Borna ,Kent , Lundstram and many others when they were getting slaughtered .
He needs to be more aggressive like Balagun has been since he had a nightmare at right back and I'm sure the staff are working on that aspect of his game.
Difference being all these players had shown good bits and they were never slaughtered to the extent Simpson is rightly being.

If Morelos was ever slaughtered it was more for the red cards not performances.

Not written him off, but he may find he doesn't have many more chances to show if he can be a Rangers player.

Back