Jack Wilshere insta

Cossiekins

Someone asked him why he never signed for rangers, Europe every season etc, he replied they didn't want me.
I genuinely thought he would have done us a turn, I wonder why we didn't want him, wages maybe?

I would have loved to watch him play for Rangers, but as someone who's a massive fan of him, even I can admit it would probably never have been a sensible signing for us.

We are bossing in Europe and have won the league

so did we need him?

I got caught up in the hype big time though if he ends up going on and getting a run of games then maybe you could say he would be a brilliant addition but we are in a great place just now

Bournemouth

I would've liked to sign him (if there was ever any truth in it) but not fussed that we didn't. He made it sound like he'd be doing us a favour in the last interview I saw.
The English mentality. Finding the likes of Gerrard and Goldson is key as most think they are automatically the best.

Exorbitant wages
Permanently crocked

Not generally a good combination even where the player is talented.

You wonder if his arrogant comment had been reversed to I'd walk over broken glass to play for Rangers and Gerrard, a deal would have been possible. We'll never know and he'll never play above Championship level

10 years in the arsenal 1st team and only had 125 appearances

Spent a year on loan at Bournemouth and ended up injured and going back to Arsenal for treatment

Didn’t/Don’t need him and that’s borne out tonight and this season

I don’t think he’s saying that as though there was contact or as though he was desperate to sign and we decided we weren’t interested. More likely it was just something that was never on the club or players radar and the fans/media putting 2 and 2 together is what gave it any substance.

Where would he play?
Regardless of Wilshere, I think we're going to see a few changes in personnel in our midfield in the summer.

Ryan Jack - injury issues and therefore lacks reliability. Manager will be concerned by this.
Steven Davis - playing well but not getting any younger etc.
Scott Arfiled - not getting any younger etc.
Kamara - possibly sold for big bucks ?

So, I think the manager will have identified it as an area which will need quite a bit of work before next season.

I actually still think - cutting through all the noise - that he could've done a job for us. Short term to begin with and then see about reviewing at the end of the season. Davis isn't going to be around forever, Jack is going to miss portions of seasons, Kamara might be the one we cash in on, Arfield is similar to Davis in not getting any younger. Zungu will be offski. So a fit Wilshere might well have been a good addition.

However, it looks like there's been fundamental reasons why it didn't happen. We'll cope and he can enjoy playing Championship football.

Always injured, wouldn’t get in ahead of any of our starting options, would take up too much money and has far too high an opinion of himself.

Delighted we went nowhere near him tbh.

The cu'nt blew it when he stated openly "they wouldn't be my 1st choice".

Gerrard will have looked at that and if there was any notion of signing him, that was the end of it. This squad has no room for ego's.

Look at Borna's post match interview as perfect example.

Exactly and Kent setting up Morelos last night too. 4-3 up on aggregate and expected to go through with an early chance, I think lots of strikers/attackers take that on and try and round the keeper to score themselves.

We already have two injury-prone players in Jack and Roofe, I don't think we should be signing any more injury-prone players unless it is on a pay as you play deal.

You need to be quite robust in midfield up here, great player but it wasn't a great fit with the wages. Risk and reward didn't match up.

He wouldn't get a game for us, he wouldn't fit in our team - would slow us down too much.

He was cracking between 18- 21 but not got back there unfortunately for him.

We wouldn't be his first choice... then signs for Bournemouth!!! :)

Typical arrogant English wank!

Wilshere would've been fun but ultimately probably not the profile of player we should be looking for these days. Especially in a season where our finances will be affected, chucking a wage at a guy with his injury record who hasn't played regular football in years would be irresponsible bordering on negligent.

Could've been fun but definitely right decision not to go for him I think.

The cu'nt blew it when he stated openly "they wouldn't be my 1st choice".

Gerrard will have looked at that and if there was any notion of signing him, that was the end of it. This squad has no room for ego's.

Look at Borna's post match interview as perfect example.

This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Regardless of Wilshere, I think we're going to see a few changes in personnel in our midfield in the summer.

Ryan Jack - injury issues and therefore lacks reliability. Manager will be concerned by this.
Steven Davis - playing well but not getting any younger etc.
Scott Arfiled - not getting any younger etc.
Kamara - possibly sold for big bucks ?

So, I think the manager will have identified it as an area which will need quite a bit of work before next season.
Also, as Liverpool have proven to their determent, always build from a position of strength if possible. Don't sit back and think you've made it forever.

To be fair to him he could have said he didn’t want to come to us n play in Scotland pretty honest answer from him.

He looked a great player when he first broke through but like many others through the years he never fulfilled his initial potential for various reasons.
Even then he was still getting decent money in contracts because of how he played when he was younger.
I am sure he will be gutted about it as he sits with a healthy bank balance

Someone asked him why he never signed for Rangers, Europe every season etc, he replied they didn't want me.
I genuinely thought he would have done us a turn, I wonder why we didn't want him, wages maybe?
At a rough guess, he is never fit.

This guy as most have said is never fit for the full ninety, we now play at such pace most of the teams we play can't match up with us, I just did not see a place for him in our setup.

The English mentality. Finding the likes of Gerrard and Goldson is key as most think they are automatically the best.
Tell me more about this "English mentality" you're on about.
You mention Gerrard and Goldson, but not Tav, Defoe, Kent, Roofe, Bassey, Simpson.
Or Beale, Culshaw or Milsom.
So that's our manager, most of our coaching staff, captain, vice captain, plus other vital members of our squad who are English.
We're not doing too bad with all that English mentality at Ibrox B-D

When it first got mooted that we we’re interested it excites me thinking back to the Jack Wiltshire that destroyed us in his younger days, then i realised he’s played about 50 games in 5 years. The fact he was without a club for 6 months says it all, we’d have probably went for him in the desperate warbutton days but so glad we’ve moved on since then.

Back