Jack Wilshire talks about rangers move during interview

Clearly no longer any interest from the club as it would have been done by now if so.

That reads a bit like a come and get me but also to some extent like a you aren’t my only/first option. Maybe the door was closed quickly when he named his price.

I tend to think we asked him and he's trying to keep us hanging on while hoping something he considers "better" comes along. I hope that's not the case.

Hahaha. You just know plenty would have loved it but will be giving it “nah no thanks” after watching that.

I do find it amusing that a perma-crock seems to feel like he’d maybe do us a favour but we wouldn’t be his first option. No disrespect Jack but clubs ain’t exactly rushing in to take you are they...

“Wouldn’t be my first choice” he says, as if there are clubs lining up, fighting to sign him. Always struck me as a player with an entitlement problem and that comment pretty much sums him up.

I seem to remember he played in a youth/reserve game, not sure if it was at Arsenal, and he flew recklessly into a challenge and gave someone a sore one. Screams of someone who’s spat the dummy out.

He should understand that if we were to sign him, it’s Rangers giving him the opportunity and not the other way around.

Can't see anything wrong that he has said.

Not many footballers would make their "first choice" the SPHell.

If I was a footballer - apart from wanting to play for Rangers if I could - I wouldn't be going anywhere near Scottish football.

He is showing no disrespect whatsoever.

Most of us on here think Scottish football is tinpot and an absolute joke.

Correction on my last post, he copped a late challenge from a Man City u23 player and in turn started a fight and got sent off. Model professional is Wilshere

If I was a footballer - apart from wanting to play for Rangers if I could - I wouldn't be going anywhere near Scottish football.

If you want to leave the door open you don’t say “they wouldn’t be my first choice” or “I’d be interested because it’s Gerrard”. Seems disrespectful to the club and immediately ensures a load of fans won’t take to you.

We don’t need him anyway, but even if we needed another midfielder and he was a realistic option I wouldn’t want him after hearing that. He can choose one of the other dozens of clubs lining up to sign him instead.

Last edited:
He would get bodied by physically fit and motivated SPFL jobbers just like Barton did.

How would your ego take that Jack?

High profile yes but in reality your talking about a guy who clubs are literally paying to get rid of because he isn’t good enough as a footballer.
Think it’s more to do with his ridiculous injury record other than his talents. He’s a full time hospital patient who occasionally plays a bit of football.

I think that he should have been more diplomatic. Licking Stevie G 's arse ,but effectively, disrespecting our club.

I get it that it was probably Scottish football that he was lukewarm about, but at the end of the day, fvck him, as he would be a better fit with the Sellic.

Last edited:
Truth be told he would struggle to get in the team at this stage - how long would it take him to get match fit given he's not been playing for so many months? And thats before you take into account the disrespect shown in the clip.

If it did happen it would be a pointless and likely expensive experiment.

That’s what is the reason why no one has snapped him up. Attitude all wrong. Would not run through a brick wall for the team. More than happy with our squad of players. Be disappointed if he came to club after that interview. Good player but horrendous injury record. Think we have been bitten before. Not now

Most of us on here think Scottish football is tinpot and an absolute joke.

Whilst that may well be true, you don't say that on a public forum.

Total lack of respect and whilst he is clearly a very good footballer, when fit he can f'uck right off with that attitude. Last thing we need in squad is a Billy big baws thinking he is above our club and our league!

Aribo is better. But would take him.

With #CelticThePaedoClub embarassing us on a continual basis Rangers are the only option for any high profile player now. We represent Scotland as usual.

The guy like the EPL has an inflated image of how good he is. Would be a expensive gamble and its something i have said before i even seen this video. Its a no from me. He would cost a fortune and would have no resale value, clubs arent exactly battering your door down to sign you Jack.

He's been without a club for a few months now if I were him I'd drop the uppity attitude and get back to playing at any level cause that's better than none at all.

Both him and Balotteli are what I call "champ manager signings"

If it was a game you would sign them up for free in a heartbeat but in reality I wouldn't touch them

Back