Jack Wilshire talks about rangers move during interview

English teams can gamble, I don't think we can afford to.

The guys a great player but no use in the physio room. I personally wouldn't take the gamble as I don't think he'd play much.

Not first choice?? Seems Jack isnt anyone’s choice either! Nearly Xmas and still not playing! Tells you the demand he is in. All this bullshit taking his time to find right move is bollocks. The truth will be clubs aren’t willing to pay millions to a crock.
Our midfield just now looks pretty fine to me and doing great so jog on son.

Not the sort of attitude you want at the club. Yes scottish football is crap but we are bigger than Scottish football and its about the club not the SPL.

How after watching the interview have you arrived at that thought?
The mentally challengeds are so obsessed with us they probably think theyd be getting one over on us. Despite the fact we haven't shown the slightest interest in signing the player.

He was asked the question and answered it honestly which is fair enough.
There are reasons he is sitting on his arse clubless (wages and fitness) being the two obvious ones, he will be sitting around for a long time in the same boat if he thinks top clubs will come calling.
This guy imo would not put in an Arfield or Jack type shift, so regardless of the skill and talent of the man , the negatives far outweigh the positives and he would imo be a luxury drain on our finances.
Enjoy your next fitness table Jack wherever that may be.

What I took from that was that the one and only attraction for him in Scotland would be to play for Gerrard. Why would he want to play for Lennon / the mentally challengeds.
I dont, but I can see the poets chasing him and trying to turn it into a coup of some sort

If we’re not his first choice and presumably there’s a big long list of clubs that want him, why isn’t he playing somewhere then? Can an injury prone player really afford to sit on the sidelines for as long as he has?

Will end up in Qatar or China swanning about doing the bare minimum, but coining it in. Thankfully the days of us participating in such retirement funds are over.

I think most are taking his comment about 'first choice' wrong, it will be in reference to the league and not our club as everytime he's spoke above a move he's always mentioned Leagues and not clubs specifically and the only reason to consider playing here would be because of the chance of working with Gerrard. Like it or not, in comparison to the 'top 5' the spl is a shitehole of a league.

After listening to that then he can %^*& right off... he hasn’t played competitive football for how long ?? And there is speculation of us coming in for him then he should be all over it... tit

After listening to that then he can %^*& right off... he hasn’t played competitive football for how long ?? And there is speculation of us coming in for him then he should be all over it... tit

Why should he be all over it?

He's clearly no affiliation to Rangers and doesn't see Scottish football as his preferred league to play in.

People that wanted him months ago are now enraged because of an interview where he never blew smoke up Rangers arse and labelled us the greatest club in world football. Laughable.

We didn't need Wilshere four months ago and we don't need him now.

Even if he wanted to come, we would be taking a massive risk if it turned out he was injured all the time. Who would we drop to accommodate him? No one in that squad deserves to lose their place to shoehorn him in.

I don't doubt he would be the best player in the squad if fit, the fact that he obviously thinks he's above a move to us should put an end to any interest. We've got a great balance of talent and hunger just now, this would have more chance of upsetting that than anything else.

I'm glad he's been honest, we only need players who really want to come to the club.

Don't want him. Hardly enthusiastic treating us as a fall back if nothing else comes along. Should be no where near us after that interview.

He seems very full of himself and that is the last thing our squad needs right now. Add in the injuries, the lack of match fitness and the fact he is without a club for months, he certainly doesn't look to be somebody desperate to get back to playing first team football and kick on with his career.

Players who think they are too big for clubs and leagues - that never ends well ...

There was talk of him going back to Arsenal but I imagine he will end up in the USA.

Maybe the reason he's still without a club is due to the fact he's considering his future as this will likely be his last big move.

He could have come here for 9 months - proved his fitness and appetite for the game was still there and then he was in a far better place to plan his next career move. Instead he is sitting on a sofa in Dubai whilst the rest of us freeze our bollocks off. That tells us everything.

He looks like he is hoping that some mug will take a 3 year punt on him in the next transfer window or win a big money move abroad. Perhaps the reason he is classed as damage goods down south is more to do with his attitude and not just his injury record.

At least he’s honest. I want players coming to our club who are dying to play for us and would do anything for us from the minute they sing. Not a “I’ll bare them in mind if nothing else materialises” (I know that’s NOT what he said but that’s what I got from it)

giphy-downsized-large.gif

I was always worried about his past injuries but having just heard that, my mind is fully made up . We shouldn’t touch him with a barge pole. We only want players desperate to come and play for Rangers . He is not so to coin a phrase , can jog on .

He seems to think Steven Gerrard is bigger than Rangers Football Club.

He is mistaken. He is an idiot. I don't want him anywhere near us.

Was slaughtered on here previously for saying we shouldn’t even be considering him. Chocolate legs are not what’s needed in the Scottish league. Also hasn’t performed well for a number of years

English players in general have an over inflated opinion of themselves anyway.

From a purely football sense coming up here wouldn't whet the appetite for many.
Winning silverware would.

Money? Doubt it.

Playing in Europe is a massive draw unless you are going to a team consistently playing in Europe.

The Gooners were stupid enough to pay £24M for biscuit hips. He'll be re-signed by them.

Gerrard looks for model professionals. Wilshere isn't one.

That’s that. We actually don’t need him - we have four fine options for that position already - six even. All are fit, motivated and respect the club. None come with a sideshow. A guy that had played for Bournemouth and West Ham can’t act like it’s Barcelona or Bayern he’s pitching at.

People getting upset at an injury prone has been ffs.Wilshere displaces no one in this Rangers team.

Guy who backs himself and who doesn’t fancy playing in a shite league. I don’t get the issue. I’d rather that answer than ‘I’ve always wanted to play with Rangers’ whilst trying to get a move anywhere else. Did anyone think he would actually favour a move to Scotland regardless of whether they deem him good enough (which on his day he clearly is)?

I wouldn’t get upset about this, and in fact I’m grateful for his honesty, as Gerrard, Wilson and co would have picked up on those vibes immediately and decided that he wasn’t worth pursuing any further.

Said if before. Just look at Götze who actually still wants to play football and rebuild his career, then compare him to Wilshere who is clearly only interested in whoever is stupid enough to pay him more at the cost of rebuilding his career.

Scotland is not his first choice,wow!
At least he's being honest,would we rather he told us he's always been a fan and tunes into Rangers tv?

Back