Jack Wilshire talks about rangers move during interview

I wish Gerrard would come out and say we were never interested.

“Because its Gerrard.....”
“no disrespect to Scotland.......”

Id be willing to bet that Rangers are a bigger Club than whoever eventually is stupid enough to take you Jack.

So typical of the attitude of his generation and younger.

They think football began in the 90’s

Delusional wee prick

I don't think he could reach the level of fitness required to play in our system regardless of what he says in any interview. Think of the situation on Thursday would you trust him to complete that 90 minutes like the midfield 3 had to, injury ravaged and a smoker makes it a straight no for me.

Our midfield (indeed our whole team) is based on fluid movement, high tempo and making yourself available and wanting the ball.

Working flat out for the TEAM. There is no moaning and frustration about the occasional misplaced pass - just an absolute willingness to get back in shape and get the ball back.

We are really good to watch just now. ‘Entitled’ signings like Wilshire would just detract from that (even for the one game in four that he’s fit). That’s why I reckon we were never really keen and just a polite decline from our team.

A guy who has hardly kicked a ball in years thinks he can pick and choose his new club.

Jack, here’s a reality check for you. You are unemployed. There’s not exactly a queue of representatives from Europe’s elite clubs begging for your signature.

I dont, but I can see the poets chasing him and trying to turn it into a coup of some sort
Fair enough mate. Personally I think they'd just embarrass themselves, particularly if he repeated that Gerrard is the only thing that would attract him to Scotland. They also don't have huge amounts of money to throw at him and given his injury record, would be stupid to do so anyway. I just can't see it, but all about opinions!

There’s no doubt Wilshire was incredibly talented but if he was still a top player he wouldn’t be training on his own. Good luck to him but I’m not convinced we are the right fit.

Compare his attitude to Jermaine Defoe both prior to him signing & all the way through his career with us. He couldn't speak highly enough of the club & wishes he made the move years ago. With Wilshere seems like he doesn't have that hunger & would be quite happy playing out his last few years in the sun somewhere.

Hardly sold himself to the most loyal supporters of the best club in the world. I had toyed with the thought of a fit and firing Wishere in our team but no thanks now.

I can’t believe people are getting annoyed at this.

Jack Wilshere was never good enough for Rangers and would’ve been sidelined for months after a challenge off a Dicker, Ferguson, Brown etc. He’s not cut out for this league.

He seems like a very honest, straight talking bloke which I don’t mind. He clearly doesn’t want to play here, which is fine.

Not that I wanted him or understood the hype surrounding him. An overrated English midfielder who’s company car is a fucking ambulance.

Odd interview.
he seems to be holding out for a club in a top 5 league, which is fair enough, but he’ll be lucky to get a mid table team.

After listening to that I don’t want him near us. It’s almost December & that wee shit still hasn’t got a Club.

Gerrard will know him as well as anyone & the reason he’s not picked up the phone already tells me what we need to know.

“wouldn’t be my first choice”

with those words he has ensured that this “choice” is no longer and option.

Rangers will be second best to no man!!

I hope this guy stays well away. Go and find a 80k a week contract down south where nobodys bothered how u perform. The shirt would be too heavy for him

Can't see anything wrong that he has said.

Not many footballers would make their "first choice" the SPHell.

If I was a footballer - apart from wanting to play for Rangers if I could - I wouldn't be going anywhere near Scottish football.

He is showing no disrespect whatsoever.

Most of us on here think Scottish football is tinpot and an absolute joke.
He doesnt even want to play for us though. Funny how guys like JD come up here and are absolutely loving it, dont see them complaining about the league do you?

the league might be shit, but if we win the league we will be loving it.

"Wouldn't be my first choice"

Well, given it's now nearly December and you still don't have a club, it looks like you're going to be left with Hobson's Choice, doesn't it son? Rangers are chasing a League Championship and qualifying for the knockout stages of the UEFA cup this year and a place in the Champions League next year, and where are you? Talking bollocks sitting on a sofa on a village pitch somewhere.

Not the sharpest tool in a box of hammers, is he? Loads of talent but a pretty poor attitude and appalling injury record means he would be out of place in the team SG is building. Not wanted, not needed, move on.

I'm ok with high profile players coming in as long as they have the right attitude like defoe but he strikes me as someone that would spit the dummy if he wasn't getting a regular game.
Though i have my doubts we were after him anyway .

Fair enough mate. Personally I think they'd just embarrass themselves, particularly if he repeated that Gerrard is the only thing that would attract him to Scotland. They also don't have huge amounts of money to throw at him and given his injury record, would be stupid to do so anyway. I just can't see it, but all about opinions!
They are in a panic now. This would appease the fans, they are deluded to think they should still be cutting at the champions league level.

I'd be surprised if it was a success, but definitely think it is possible.

Not bothered about the comments as let's be honest the league is crap but don't know why people wanted him anyway as he's never fit. Imagine hammer throwers like Dicker up against him when they tackle him?

Does he not also share the same agent as Gerrard? Probably his agent using our name to try get a move to MLS or something like that.

Always struck me as being a bit of a chav. Is he not a heavy smoker too? I know you smokers are going to say so was Albertz etc

So much negativity toward someone being honest. Scotland is a cesspool - lets forget the glamour of Rangers, who would want to go from playing vs Man United, Barcelona etc to rocking up for a 5pm in Falkirk.

As huge a club as we are,
Its much the same issue an Ajax would have - huge name, horrible habitat.
He clearly has a belief that if fit, he has a level he can play at (and for him thats top half Premier League) - unfortunately SPFL doesnt fill many pros with excitement vs a trip to Old Trafford.
I’d rather an honest player like that than a badge thumper like Kyrgiakos that kisses the badge then touts himself all over the world until he cant get anything better and comes back.

From a purely football point of view i just feel its a big outlay we dont really need , the midfield is fine , wiltshire is an injury risk and on big wages and not played much football over the yrs so for me i dont think hes needed

We have an exceptionally bad track record of signing injury prone players which has cost the club a lot of money.
Why get upset about a player who is not only injury prone but also unmotivated at the prospect of signing to boot.

We are not mentally challengeds who genuinely believe every player in world football instinctively want to sign for us if given the chance. That notion is just utter fantasy. Wilshire has been honest enough to say we wouldn't be his first choice and I respect that. I also suspect his comments will ensure the best possible outcome for both parties. We move on.

Even after that I wouldn’t rule it out as we have to look at replacing Steven Davis and three years of a fit Jack Wilshire what do the trick.

Can understand he wouldn’t be keen to play in Scotland because he is basically made of glass. He should play in a slower less physical league

Would've just been a massive risk & one not worth taking IMO.

Was hardly falling over himself to sign either.

Hahaha. You just know plenty would have loved it but will be giving it “nah no thanks” after watching that.

I do find it amusing that a perma-crock seems to feel like he’d maybe do us a favour but we wouldn’t be his first option. No disrespect Jack but clubs ain’t exactly rushing in to take you are they...
Wouldn't it be good if a club told him they'd give him 20k a week. To do him a turn, because their first choice just signed a contract extension at their current club.

".......it wouldn't be my first choice"

Feck right off then!! I personally don't want you at our club, just because you cannot get your preferred move or option.

Least he's honest (even if he comes across a bit dickish about it)

How many from previous threads now giving it 'never wanted him anyway' :D

Strange clip to release, we really don’t need him. Holds himself in high regard, I honestly think he forgets West Ham released him. The states would be the best place for him

People are getting far too upset over this. On what basis would people expect us to be his first choice, totally ridiculous to believe we would be, I’d be surprised if we were the first choice of any of our most recent signings.

Back