Jackie McNamara - “Rangers aren’t a good side, they are not a good team”

I'm just here to remind you that Jackie McNamara finished his managerial career after taking York City from League 2 in England to 20th in the National League.

With a win rate of 16.7%.
He will be well versed in what a 'poor team' looks like then...

We don’t have to be a good team; we just have to be good enough to beat that lot. Which is precisely all they have been for the last 8 years ie not a good side but good enough to beat us because we were crippled by financial mismanagement and then robbed by thieves. But we’re better than them now and they know it.

I have heard some say we are not a good side as we are not as good as the Rangers teams of old, I mean yes technically that is absolutely true since the Rangers teams of Dick Advocaat and Sir Walter were competing in the Champions league and the Scottish league as a whole was of a higher quality, but the delusional thing is they still think they are (or at least should be) as good as the Martin O’Neill sides from the early 00’s. It’s all about our comparative strength.

He thinks they are Barcelona and we are still in the championship. Comes across any time I hear him talking about us.

We could show it to Gerrard & the players but they would most certainly say "Who?" or "Who is that fat mess?" or maybe even "Does that fat mess even have a job in football these days?" to which the answer would be no, he doesn't, his last management job was for York City where he was sacked after four months in charge.

That's right folks, four months.

Not a good team. LOL. The joke is on you ya bitter bastart.

You have to wonder what a good side/good team is in his eyes. I can only assume that he considers the current celtic side to be 'good' despite their poor start to the season (performance-wise).

Clip taken from a Celtic fan channel on YouTube.

This level of delusion from them thinking we’re still the Pre-Gerrard squad is amazing. They still expect to routinely beat us 5-0 when we had scuddies playing for and managing us. They are clinging onto thinking that we are shite as a comfort blanket despite the fact we’ve dominated them in all the most recent games against them.

It’s only setting them up for a harder fall and I hope this attitude they have continues as it’s doing absolutely nothing to help them.
The thing is, we were really good most of last season.
We had that 6 week spell after winter and its all everyone remembers, so they think we were shite last season.

This level of delusion from them thinking we’re still the Pre-Gerrard squad is amazing. They still expect to routinely beat us 5-0 when we had scuddies playing for and managing us. They are clinging onto thinking that we are shite as a comfort blanket despite the fact we’ve dominated them in all the most recent games against them.

It’s only setting them up for a harder fall and I hope this attitude they have continues as it’s doing absolutely nothing to help them.
No point even reading this pish anymore.

They seem to be dragged out the woodwork to talk about Rangers every now and then.

I mean the bloke has had literal brain damage recently, so I feel a bit guilty laying into him.

However, %^*& me, an element of them are utterly content in deluding themselves into thinking the last 3 OF matches were just mere blips. It's quite fascinating. I sincerely hope this level of delusion continues. It's not even hubris they are displaying either. It's barefaced idiocy at this point. If that's the safety blanket they are resorting to, then it's fine by me, crack on and indulge in it.

I have heard some say we are not a good side as we are not as good as the Rangers teams of old, I mean yes technically that is absolutely true since the Rangers teams of Dick Advocaat and Sir Walter were competing in the Champions league and the Scottish league as a whole was of a higher quality, but the delusional thing is they still think they are (or at least should be) as good as the Martin O’Neill sides from the early 00’s. It’s all about our comparative strength.
The Scottish League has been gash for nearly 30 years.
Advocaat's team were better because he spent much more money and brought in proven quality.
Walter's team first time around, had the last batch of genuinely good Scottish footballers and more money.
Walter's team second time around would struggle against our current side.

You listen to poor little Jackie here, and a few more of their ex players and fans, then you realise - and I am not joking or making light of it - that there will be actual suicides in their fanbase if we win the league this year.

f9H4GcG.gif

Brilliant o_O ;)

My childhood memories of this drip are a soft as sh!t defender being bounced off Amato,being cleared out by Namouchi,Gazza laughing in his face smoking a cigar and throw the softest punch you’ll ever see at Hateley.

He’s always been a bandy legged wee woman.
I wish you would come straight to the point :)

The Scottish League has been gash for nearly 30 years.
Advocaat's team were better because he spent much more money and brought in proven quality.
Walter's team first time around, had the last batch of genuinely good Scottish footballers and more money.
Walter's team second time around would struggle against our current side.
Walter’s second spell - Younger McGregor, Central defence of Weir and Cuellar/Bougherra, Midfield of Ferguson, younger Davis and Mendes/Thomson, with prime Miller and Boyd or Naismith and Jelavic up front? That was some team too! I reckon our squad depth is finally better than then but first XI under Walter had some incredibly strong players for the time .

With that utterance McNamara has just confirmed that he is a thick deluded c*nt.

We are no World beaters but we are a pretty decent side. We didn't hit the heights on Saturday because we didn't have to to beat a dreadful Scum side.

Fucking love this let the vermin and their hordes think whatever the %^*& they want

No doubt a brown envelope was passed to him to spout that shitė

Same way Ferencvarous Cluj etc not good teams I suppose. I am not even trying to fix that spelling. They not spotted the common denominator yet?

The opinion on McNamara, he was an awful player so for him to say someone isn't good - pot calling the kettle black.

good to hear this important kind of view point. I'd like to hear what Peter Grunt thinks about us too.

Reactions: VGM
Even a cursory glance at Gerrard’s European record tells you we’re a good team. Where we have struggled is coping with the bootboys, bent refs and massed defences of the SPL. If we beat Kilmarnock in 2 weeks they will collectively shite themselves because it will suggest we’ve conquered these issues.

As previous posters have stated the difference between our ex players and theirs is staggering. Class guys like Gough, Laudrup, Hately vs Gibbering alcoholic tramps like Walker, Hartson. McNamara. Genetics?

It's a team he wouldn't have got near, as he couldn't lace Tavernier's boots, so not the brightest thing to say.

Back