Jackson Martinez Released on a Free

drgriffen

Guangzhou Evergrande have released Martinez on a free. Signed two years ago for €42m his injury plagued stint in China saw him play 15 games for the club.

Edit: Wonder if this surpasses the Tevez deal for money down the drain?

To think we used to be accused of spunking money on dumplings.We never got close to that

They pay 42 million for a 31 year old Columbian and expect us to sell for 8 million. No chance.
We know this club has deep pockets and thats why we should hold out for big bucks

2.8 million Euros per match before you even take his wages into account. Crazy amounts of money wasted.

He only scored 4 goals too.

Clubs aren't able to play him if their transfer window closed before he was released are they? So before the World Cup his options will be fairly limited. Can see him going and playing for a team in Brazil for a few months.

Clubs aren't able to play him if their transfer window closed before he was released are they? So before the World Cup his options will be fairly limited. Can see him going and playing for a team in Brazil for a few months.

If he's a free agent, he should be able to sign for anybody, and play.

He may be released on a free but I bet his contract has not been paid off in full as I suspect he was probably up to some kind of naughties.
If shall we say he has interest that may have attracted the attention of the authorities then the potential for our Alfie to find his way into the Colombian national set up certainly enhances given those who are likely to feature

If he's a free agent, he should be able to sign for anybody, and play.

If that was the case then clubs everywhere would be releasing players so they can sign for other teams outside of transfer windows.

If we released Kranjcar today I’m pretty sure he wouldn’t be able to sign for another team unless their window is open.

That’s why you often see a lot of players being released just before the window closes.

If that was the case then clubs everywhere would be releasing players so they can sign for other teams outside of transfer windows.

If we released Kranjcar today I’m pretty sure he wouldn’t be able to sign for another team unless their window is open.

That’s why you often see a lot of players being released just before the window closes.

Incorrect, free agents can sign and play at any time. No window required.

Edit: so long as released within the window.

The rule is that he can sign for anyone in the world... if he was released in his old clubs transfer window.

Hence why teams often dump players on the very last day of the window

Reactions: Ter
Aye because 3 goals in 22 games at Atletico is prolific :p

Apologies, he obviously didn't cut it there...but look at his goals at Monaco & Porto. Every team he's been at have paid a fortune for him as well.

Back