Jackson's pub in Glasgow city centre

Buster1872

I work at the top of town and was wondering if jacksons across from the double tree hotel would be a decent place to catch the game. I have heard the Walter used to own it but not sure if it is a bear friendly pub any advice would be helpful.

I work at the top of town and was wondering if jacksons across from the double tree hotel would be a decent place to catch the game. I have heard the Walter used to own it but not sure if it is a bear friendly pub any advice would be helpful.

I watched a game in it last year and there was plenty of other bears in.

walter still owns it I believe

I saw it failed it’s food hygiene inspection the other day, so I would maybe give the grub a miss, but the pints should be fine!

Last edited:
Jacksons is decent - some nice craft beers but a fiver a pop. House lager about £3.60. I had macaroni in there just as I was hearing the Saturday Livingston game was cancelled - it was OK but not great. Given the food hygiene news I won't be trying again for a while.

It is neutral - plenty of their lot in there when they are on - usually one chap's hogging a large table with his game length can of coke. Plenty of our lads in there on match day and a short hop to Cowcaddens Subway station.

Great traditional wee pub, glad to hear it's still open for business.
So many of these old boozers have ceased to be over the last few years.

Ended up there a season or two ago for an OF game, and there can't have been more than 10 people in, including staff. I take it it must be busy Fri/sat night?

I was in Jackson's before the Braga game as I was meeting a mate before jumping on the subway from Cowcaddens.

There were a few of that lot in but that was purely as the Copenhagen game was on TV for the early KO.

It was a decent pint and I don't imagine there'll be a load of Celtic fans in when our game is on.

Ended up there a season or two ago for an OF game, and there can't have been more than 10 people in, including staff. I take it it must be busy Fri/sat night?
That pub kept a family going for years so it must be doing something right.
Good Bluenoses although most of them have gone now.

Jacksons is a good wee boozer for me before I get the subway which is a two minute walk away to Ibrox. Plenty bears drink in there.

A bit left field but surprisingly Lauders is decent for football these days.

During the refurb they put in about a zillion Telly’s. Even the booths have individual tellys in them.

No matter where you stand/sit there is a perfect view of a telly somewhere.

Sort yourself out with a plate of Wings Roulette and the games a good un.

That pub kept a family going for years so it must be doing something right.
Good Bluenoses although most of them have gone now.

Since the legend that is George Henderson retired, it has passed to his nephew, Kevin. It is certainly lacking these days as the current staff have caused a good number of Bears to leave and, sadly, Kevin has backed his staff not the regulars. I won’t go into the why but it desperately needs a fresh impetus as it is trading on past glories and reputation.

Since the legend that is George Henderson retired, it has passed to his nephew, Kevin. It is certainly lacking these days as the current staff have caused a good number of Bears to leave and, sadly, Kevin has backed his staff not the regulars. I won’t go into the why but it desperately needs a fresh impetus as it is trading on past glories and reputation.
Sad to hear that mate.I know they were always a bit strict but fair.

Sad to hear that mate.I know they were always a bit strict but fair.

George and his late brother, Matt were brilliant. Tolerated no bad behaviour and fond of barring punters if they looked like or sounded like Tims - happy days. George must have taken a fortune from Gazza at dominoes over his time at Ibrox!

Back