Jacob Rees-Mogg opposed to abortion

Status
Not open for further replies.

AnglianBear

I was a fan of Jacob up until the shite he spouted today. According to him - and I suspect these views are shared with many of his Roman Catholic faith - conception is sacrosanct and if a woman were to be raped she should not be allowed to have an abortion. So imagine a situation where a 13 year old girl is raped by her father not being allowed the morning after pill or a woman beaten and raped on the streets not being allowed an abortion. It's 2017 , not 1617 ffs!!!

His 6th kid has just been named after some obscure Pope.

You can all see what his church has done to Scotland but many of the righties would love him as PM

Absolute fud of a man. Bugs me that guys like him have any chance of leading the country. Look at the state of him, what the %^*& does he know about living an "ordinary" life in the UK in this day and age? Silver spoon and arse wiped from birth

He said it was his religious belief but we have a pro choice government and pro choice parliament even if mogg became leader of the party that wouldn't change

I quite liked him and thought he was a rising star in the tawdry world of politics.
The fact he opposes abortion in any circumstances and he is a rabid Catholic father of six has dampened my support.

The only time I agree with abortion is if it was a rape or carrying through with a full pregnancy would be life threatening to the mother.

People who abort because they 'changed their mind' or 'made a mistake' are despicable cunts.

Why?

As much as I disagree with his Views. I find it quite reassuring that he stands by his beliefs .
I have more respect for him coming out and standing by it than I do for politicians who change their mind like the weather and just follow the common opinion.

I disagree with him on this mind you, and his opinions on gay marriage.

Haha %^*& him,let's see how devout he his, his religion or his politics, no RC will ever be prime minister of this great set of nations, it's in our constitution......
Didn't Blair try to switch religion whilst in power,and basically the Queen told him to bolt, or I would imagine words to that effect

The RC church did similar with Africa with their pish...
After the W.H.O. wanted to introduce contraception the RC twats preached their arsehole beliefs
and caused millions more to suffer disease and famine.

As much as I disagree with his Views. I find it quite reassuring that he stands by his beliefs .
How so? Has he been raped and become pregnant and thought about aborting the kid? What test is he going through to stand by his ridiculous views he has because he is a staunch pape? An media interview basically. Brave man. :rolleyes:

I find myself agreeing with him on most things to be honest.

This is simply one view that he has, but it wouldn't necessarily be implemented by our govt even if he became leader, so a bit over-dramatic in terms of the response to it really.

Hid behind the Catholic church views on same marriage which by assumption means he beliefs what they belief. Not what I want from a PM
I was a fan of Jacob up until the shite he spouted today. According to him - and I suspect these views are shared with many of his Roman Catholic faith - conception is sacrosanct and if a woman were to be raped she should not be allowed to have an abortion. So imagine a situation where a 13 year old girl is raped by her father not being allowed the morning after pill or a woman beaten and raped on the streets not being allowed an abortion. It's 2017 , not 1617 ffs!!!

I'd be happier with a PM who was willing to look at something and judge it from all sides than someone who steadfastly says "no no no no. nope" and refuses to adapt. Flexibility is something that is needed in modern day life from politicians right through to football managers. We've had managers ourselves who have been stuck in their ways and it cost us. Warburton most recently.

He said it was his religious belief but we have a pro choice government and pro choice parliament even if mogg became leader of the party that wouldn't change

Then that is fine for me. People can believe what they want as part of their religion, they just shouldn't be allowed to impose that belief on anyone else. So fair play to him for being honest.

The only time I agree with abortion is if it was a rape or carrying through with a full pregnancy would be life threatening to the mother.

People who abort because they 'changed their mind' or 'made a mistake' are despicable cunts.

Contraception isn't 100% guaranteed to prevent conception.

What about those folk who feel they can't bring a child into the world but haven't 'made a mistake' or 'changed their mind'.

To label every person, unless raped, who has had an abortion as a despicable lady's front bottom is quite strange

Last edited:
He's a prick, just like Boris Johnson, but for some reason the British public is a sucker for posh fopps.

What they don't realize is that they couldn't give a flying f88k about the working man or woman in the street.
Neither do the majority of the lefty Labour politicians - in fact they are even worse. Pretending to be for 'the people' but not actually giving a %^*& in reality.

As i
How so? Has he been raped and become pregnant and thought about aborting the kid? What test is he going through to stand by his ridiculous views he has because he is a staunch pape? An media interview basically. Brave man. :rolleyes

I don't agree with what he said . However, at least he stood by his principles. Far to many say one thing privately and then when they go public they become a different person.

Had to laugh when he said the Tories are more liberal that the Lib Dems because they allow him to have backward views on abortion and same-sex marriage.

Neither do the majority of the lefty Labour politicians - in fact they are even worse. Pretending to be for 'the people' but not actually giving a %^*& in reality.

Interested to as of how you think that the Labour party give less of a %^*& about the working people than the tories do? Have you read either of their manifesto's?

Whilst I don't agree with his views on this, why is it that he's causing controversy by simply following his faith yet we see an extremist, religious lunatic like Sadiq Khan in a major political role and nobody bats an eyelid?

I've read a couple of times that this may be why Corbyn has done so well. People don't agree with a lot he says but as he sticks to his guns and they feel he is authentic enough to trust despite his views.

I quite like JRM and think he's very good as simplifying sitautions where others fail and often seems refreshingly honest which he is being here, whether you agree or not.

I don't agree with his opinions on these matters and it may point out why catholicism has been kept from power in this country for centuries.

He acts, speaks and dresses like it's the 17th century. An utter twat of a man.

If that's the leader-in-waiting of a progressive Tory party then it will be an enormous act of self-harm for them. A backward step of 30+ years

But according to him and his strange beliefs if you.turn up and say sorry the priest says it's ok your forgiven job.done

Haha %^*& him,let's see how devout he his, his religion or his politics, no RC will ever be prime minister of this great set of nations, it's in our constitution......
Didn't Blair try to switch religion whilst in power,and basically the Queen told him to bolt, or I would imagine words to that effect
I think the constitution has now changed and an RC can now be PM. It happened in 2015 unless I dreamt it.

Whilst I don't agree with his views on this, why is it that he's causing controversy by simply following his faith yet we see an extremist, religious lunatic like Sadiq Khan in a major political role and nobody bats an eyelid?
Now that is not fair. The mental cases bat more than an eyelid.

What positions does Khan adopt based on his religion out of interest? I'd be curious to hear.

I agree

He comes over as being eccentric and that gets a laugh on Have I Got News For You but beneath the veneer he doesn't seem a very nice person.

This is spot on. Scratch the surface and examine his voting record at Westminster and you have a thoroughly reprehensible chap. A perfect example for the Tory Party really.

I quite liked him and thought he was a rising star in the tawdry world of politics.
The fact he opposes abortion in any circumstances and he is a rabid Catholic father of six has dampened my support.
Pretty much says it for me, I liked his policies and his delivery, I was coming around to thinking he'd be ideal PM material till I read this article.

To say I was aghast is putting it mildly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back