Jacob Rees-Mogg opposed to abortion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Strange life is so sacred to them when it's in the womb but when children are born if they die of disease or hunger that's "god's will" and f*ck 'em.

It's amazing how the Brexit debate is clouding peoples judgement.

JRM is barely worthy of a cabinet post let alone the PM position.

Fucking nonsense. It doesn't have to be either.

Pick someone who isn't a fucking horrific lady's front bottom like JRM or Corbyn.

Goodness me this "well it's good he says what he believes" stuff is mental.

"I don't know if I agree with everything he says but at least Hitler said it as he saw it when he was murdering people by the million"

Have a think about things for a brief second.

The fucking nonsense is you comparing a man’s personal beliefs on abortion and religion with Hitler murdering millions of people.

What a load of utter shite.

The fucking nonsense is you comparing a man’s personal beliefs on abortion and religion with Hitler murdering millions of people.

What a load of utter shite.

No, I'm comparing one idiots outdated beliefs which can cause pain and suffering with another idiot who did cause untold pain and suffering. There is a striking similarity in their train of thought.

Vote for the idiot if you get the chance and like him...that's your right.

Her did indeed, spoken like someone who has never tried to change anything for the better in his lifetime.

Far too easy to sneer at every politician as if they're all the same. They're not.

Like us they come in good, bad and indifferent forms. I've met dozens of all parties and most of them, Labour, Tory or Liberal, are trying in their own to make things better.
That's fine and I get your point. My opinion is that there is too much doing and not much getting done...I have also met a few and spent time in Westminster and on every occasion, still left bewildered by the lack of sincerity from MPs and money wasted in the 'corridors of power'.

No, I'm comparing one idiots outdated beliefs which can cause pain and suffering with another idiot who did cause untold pain and suffering. There is a striking similarity in their train of thought.

Vote for the idiot if you get the chance and like him...that's your right.

They're not even remotely the same!

Personal beliefs! He's repeating dogma from a cult ffs!

Which is his right to do so.

It would appear folk on here would rather a politician pretending to be someone they're not, than a guy who is quite open about his views and allows people to make up their own mind about him.

No one is being forced to vote for JRM. If his views on abortion are so important to you, don't vote for him. But you should appreciate that his honesty has allowed you to form a based opinion, rather than the majority of them who say what people want to hear.

Personally, i'll vote for someone based on important issues like the economy, not based on which fictional character they do or don't believe in. The abortion thing is neither here nor there in the grand scheme of things.

Haha %^*& him,let's see how devout he his, his religion or his politics, no RC will ever be prime minister of this great set of nations, it's in our constitution......
Didn't Blair try to switch religion whilst in power,and basically the Queen told him to bolt, or I would imagine words to that effect

Its difficult to know where to start with such staggering ignorance.

I find it amazing that someone so obviously intelligent believes in any church's claptrap.

Same here.
I guess that's why the RC Church is so keen to perpetuate apartheid schooling. Get them at age five and put the fear of hell into them.

They're not even remotely the same!

It would appear folk on here would rather a politician pretending to be someone they're not, than a guy who is quite open about his views and allows people to make up their own mind about him.

No one is being forced to vote for JRM. If his views on abortion are so important to you, don't vote for him. But you should appreciate that his honesty has allowed you to form a based opinion, rather than the majority of them who say what people want to hear.

Personally, i'll vote for someone based on important issues like the economy, not based on which fictional character they do or don't believe in. The abortion thing is neither here nor there in the grand scheme of things.

From such an opinionated and self-promoting politico that is JRM there will be an agenda in him voicing his ideology but that apart, dogma about dangerous beliefs have no place in a modern democratic parliament. It's bad enough that the pathetic Lords Spiritual exist without having other nutters in positions of power at the heart of government. It is also a sign of poor judgment that he mouthed off his on this. If it is, as some on here are defending him by, his personal belief then he should have kept it to himself and not made it political. Because that is what he has done.

a few weeks ago i thought this guy had it ,but after this latest rubbish i am sorry i just dont agree with his view on abortion.

....not only abortion but against gay rights, denies climate change which in the current climate of mega storms seems nonsensical, supported Trump. A moron even if he does speak Latin which of course is Just what's required for 21st Century living.

....not only abortion but against gay rights, denies climate change which in the current climate of mega storms seems nonsensical, supported Trump. A moron even if he does speak Latin which of course is Just what's required for 21st Century living.
Jesus christ. I thought that was something only uneducated Americans thought.

This guy has no chance of ever leading any party and if he ever did it will be the death of them.

Jesus christ. I thought that was something only uneducated Americans thought.

This guy has no chance of ever leading any party and if he ever did it will be the death of them.

Not really true though is it? He denies like many do man made climate change. I don't think I've ever heard anyone deny that the climate is changing, it always has done.

"it would appear folk on here..." I've not seen anyone say that since JRM's views came to light it definitely meant they were now swinging to Corbyn or would even entertain a vote for him.

You've clearly not read what I said as regards Corbyn either. The very first point I made when you passed off the ridiculous "well if you'd rather vote for someone who lies" comment was that it doesn't have to be either of them.

I don't have to appreciate the honesty if I think his views are abhorrent. Just like I already said too.

Yes, yes...everyone has the "right to do so" based on free speech. It doesn't give them free reign to be an utter lady's front bottom.

It's the political equivalent of the clowns you see on facebook / in the pub saying "well I'm not a racist but I think all them coons should be deported coz they're stealing our jobs...and it's just my opinion" as if that somehow makes their dribbling point validated.

Not really true though is it? He denies like many do man made climate change. I don't think I've ever heard anyone deny that the climate is changing, it always has done.

"Many" It's a loud uneducated minority at best. Led by people who own old style power companies like oil and coal. The use buzz words to lure the daft in.

"I do, as a humanist, believe that the concept “unborn child” is a real one and I think the concept is underlined by all the recent findings of embryology about the early viability of a well conceived human baby, one that isn’t going to be critically deformed (or even some that are) will be able to survive outside the womb earlier and earlier, and earlier and I see that date only being pushed back. I feel the responsibility to consider the occupant of the womb as a candidate member of society in the future, and thus to say that it cannot be only the responsibility of the woman to decide upon it, that it’s a social question and an ethical and a moral one. And I say this as someone who has no supernatural belief"

Christopher Hitchens.

It is nonsense to suggest abortion is just a religious argument. As Hitchens says it is a moral and ethical one. Stopping a beating heart and pulling a body apart limb by limb doesn't sit well with me irrespective of the age of the person.

And there goes his chance of becoming the next leader of the Tory party

Fair play to him for being honest when he obviously knows it will end the 'Moggmentum' saga.

I like him. He's principled unlike most of the w*anks in the HoC, but will pass on having a rampant religious ideologue as PM.

I certainly don't agree with his views, but he is entitled to his opinion. Seems strange of late the media keeness on attacking christians views - Tim Farron, DUP and Rees Mogg - without pointing out the ultra conservative views of other religions.
Because none of them are leading, or trying to lead, major political parties. If the Muslim Brotherhood held the balance of power in the Commons that's exactly what you'd get and more

So what? You don't have to hate everyone who doesn't hold the same views as you. That's a left-wing trait.
Google the definition of morals and principles. They are the exact reason you should either like or dislike someone.

If you disagree with a politicians principles or morals why would you like them?

"I do, as a humanist, believe that the concept “unborn child” is a real one and I think the concept is underlined by all the recent findings of embryology about the early viability of a well conceived human baby, one that isn’t going to be critically deformed (or even some that are) will be able to survive outside the womb earlier and earlier, and earlier and I see that date only being pushed back. I feel the responsibility to consider the occupant of the womb as a candidate member of society in the future, and thus to say that it cannot be only the responsibility of the woman to decide upon it, that it’s a social question and an ethical and a moral one. And I say this as someone who has no supernatural belief"

Christopher Hitchens.

It is nonsense to suggest abortion is just a religious argument. As Hitchens says it is a moral and ethical one. Stopping a beating heart and pulling a body apart limb by limb doesn't sit well with me irrespective of the age of the person.
And if that was the case with Mogg I would have less of a problem with him. Maybe not agree with his point of view but in the grand scheme of the economy, international relations, climate change etc. its not going to be a deal breaker for me. However, when his view is inspired by his religious beliefs it absolutely is a deal breaker.

Google the definition of morals and principles. They are the exact reason you should either like or dislike someone.

If you disagree with a politicians principles or morals why would you like them?

So if someone holds different moral opinions from you, you can't like them? Maybe in left-wing dogma land.

Google the definition of personality. That's the exact reason you either take to someone or don't. You've generally worked that out long before you know about someone's personal beliefs.

Wh
How many abortions are actually carried out as a concequence of rape? a tiny minority in comparison to the wider picture. Obviously, there are exceptions to every rule but abortion by convenience should not be an option.

It is far too easy to murder an unborn child as it doesn't suit a certain life style. Why not have the child and give it to a family who are unable to have children?

Abortion supporters tend to be the ones who also cry about animal cruelty. I know which one I feel is the most abhorrent.
Why do you or JRM feel you have the right to tell someone else how they should live their life? Abortion on demand is not as common as some make it out to be. Abortion rates remain pretty steady. Why do you feel you have the moral superiority to judge a persons decision as inferior to you? No-one can tell another human what they should do with their body.

My personal view is I don't like abortion and if I was in a relationship where this became an issue I would try everything to avoid it. However I am also a human, why should a young girl that has been raped by a member of her family have to be put through another ordeal of having the baby and spend the rest of her life being reminded of that event? How could that ever be a right thing to do?

I don't believe many make that choice easily or without some regret. However each woman has the right to choice, no-one or no government and especially no church has the right to tell a woman what to do with her body.

Rees Mogg showed yesterday why I hope he never gets anywhere near power in this country. He represents almost everything I despise.

Must be something in the British psyche that so many people fawn over posh boy chancers with a sense of entitlement

Johnson, Farage and Rees-Mogg for example

Rees-Mogg and his women should not be "allowed" abortions. Where do you start with that nonsense?

It's not 1817

So how does that wee body exist if it's not for the mother that it lives off? of course it is part of the mother so she must have some rights over it.

My child has lived off my wife and I for the last two years since it was born. We have fed her, clothed her and provided her with warmth. Do you think my wife and I should have the right to wake up some day and decide we are no longer going to feed our child?

"it would appear folk on here..." I've not seen anyone say that since JRM's views came to light it definitely meant they were now swinging to Corbyn or would even entertain a vote for him.

You've clearly not read what I said as regards Corbyn either. The very first point I made when you passed off the ridiculous "well if you'd rather vote for someone who lies" comment was that it doesn't have to be either of them.

I don't have to appreciate the honesty if I think his views are abhorrent. Just like I already said too.

Yes, yes...everyone has the "right to do so" based on free speech. It doesn't give them free reign to be an utter lady's front bottom.

It's the political equivalent of the clowns you see on facebook / in the pub saying "well I'm not a racist but I think all them coons should be deported coz they're stealing our jobs...and it's just my opinion" as if that somehow makes their dribbling point validated.

I've read what you've said, you're just making absolutely no sense.

JRM is a proposed future leader of the Tories. Corbyn is going nowhere. They will potentially be up against one another. That's where the comparison lies. The likes of Farage and Vince Cable are irrelevant, as they'll never be PM. We are essentially a two party country again. That cannot be disputed. So yes, it does have to be either of them.

You're only able to form your views because of his honesty. How you're missing that is beyond me. If he'd taken the usual political stance and lied, you'd be non the wiser.

Also, having different view from you on abortion does not make someone a lady's front bottom. It makes you a fascist for trying to stymy any debate that involves points of view you don't like.

Regarding your last point, your comparisons must be some of the most irrational nonsense i've ever seen on here. Complete and utter garbage.

From such an opinionated and self-promoting politico that is JRM there will be an agenda in him voicing his ideology but that apart, dogma about dangerous beliefs have no place in a modern democratic parliament. It's bad enough that the pathetic Lords Spiritual exist without having other nutters in positions of power at the heart of government. It is also a sign of poor judgment that he mouthed off his on this. If it is, as some on here are defending him by, his personal belief then he should have kept it to himself and not made it political. Because that is what he has done.

It's a political issue though, no matter which way you air it, he should still be allowed to air it. I say all of this as someone who completely disagrees with what he has to say and disagrees with the cult he follows, but i'll defend to the death his right to say it.

Society is in danger of being scared of debate and just wanting to censor everything that doesn't toe the party line. We've already had absurd comparisons with the holocaust and now mass deportation. If it ends up being a political mistake for JRM, so be it, but i'd rather more politicians were up front and honest about their beliefs so that we had a better reflection of who they are.

As I said, no one is forcing anyone to vote for him. If this puts people off, so be it. But i'll be looking at more important issues than abortion as to whether the guy is fit to the run the country. Ultimately if he has the best ideas to make the country financially prosperous, then that would trump any personal views on relatively minor issues like abortion.

My child has lived off my wife and I for the last two years since it was born. We have fed her, clothed her and provided her with warmth. Do you think my wife and I should have the right to wake up some day and decide we are no longer going to feed our child?
you don't draw a distinction between a ball of cells in a womb and a two year old baby ? the law does for a start....

I've read what you've said, you're just making absolutely no sense.

JRM is a proposed future leader of the Tories. Corbyn is going nowhere. They will potentially be up against one another. That's where the comparison lies. The likes of Farage and Vince Cable are irrelevant, as they'll never be PM. We are essentially a two party country again. That cannot be disputed. So yes, it does have to be either of them.

You're only able to form your views because of his honesty. How you're missing that is beyond me. If he'd taken the usual political stance and lied, you'd be non the wiser.

Also, having different view from you on abortion does not make someone a lady's front bottom. It makes you a fascist for trying to stymy any debate that involves points of view you don't like.

Regarding your last point, your comparisons must be some of the most irrational nonsense i've ever seen on here. Complete and utter garbage.

So how come you're able to form your opinion on Corbyn when you're telling me he's not honest and the only reason I can think less of JRM is because he was honest?

You're all over the place here.

A differening view when it flies in the face of all modern reason and sense absolutely does make someone a lady's front bottom. You're telling me forcing a 13 year old who has been raped to produce the child of that crime against her will isn't the mark of a lady's front bottom? I hope you're never put in the position where someone in your family is restricted in that instance due to a fuckwit like Mogg.

Even allowing for honesty being some form of positive, why you see it is as something that pulls to you JRM is baffling. When the views his honesty produces are laid out, backing him is even more baffling.

We're also only heading towards being a 2 party country because narrow minded folk like you HAVE to vote red or blue. It absolutely doesn't "only have to be either of them"

So if someone holds different moral opinions from you, you can't like them? Maybe in left-wing dogma land.

Google the definition of personality. That's the exact reason you either take to someone or don't. You've generally worked that out long before you know about someone's personal beliefs.

So you like Jacob (someone you've never met) for his personality. Usually if someone has awful moral i'd tend to have nothing to do with them.

You do have that right. It's called putting your child up for adoption if you feel you can no longer care for it.

you don't draw a distinction between a ball of cells in a womb and a two year old baby ? the law does for a start....

No I don't. My wife had a six week scan last week and they were able to show us the baby's heart beat on the screen. Google what a baby looks like at 24 weeks (the legal abortion limit). It looks like a baby to me.

You do have that right. It's called putting your child up for adoption if you feel you can no longer care for it.

What if I and the child were on a desert island and the only person who could feed the child was me? Do you think I should have the right to stop feeding it?

What if I and the child were on a desert island and the only person who could feed the child was me? Do you think I should have the right to stop feeding it?

Do you live on a desert island?

Do people who do so have access to abortions?

Do you want to have a sensible debate here?

So how come you're able to form your opinion on Corbyn when you're telling me he's not honest and the only reason I can think less of JRM is because he was honest?

You're all over the place here.

A differening view when it flies in the face of all modern reason and sense absolutely does make someone a lady's front bottom. You're telling me forcing a 13 year old who has been raped to produce the child of that crime against her will isn't the mark of a lady's front bottom? I hope you're never put in the position where someone in your family is restricted in that instance due to a fuckwit like Mogg.

Even allowing for honesty being some form of positive, why you see it is as something that pulls to you JRM is baffling. When the views his honesty produces are laid out, backing him is even more baffling.

We're also only heading towards being a 2 party country because narrow minded folk like you HAVE to vote red or blue. It absolutely doesn't "only have to be either of them"

Because Corbyn has categorically been proved to be a liar after the last election. All his key campaign points have been debunked. He's a con man. If he'd been up front, like JRM has, then he would never have come close to election. You're making it sound like it's better to deceive and then later be found out, then be a man of principle and stick to what you believe in from the get go.

Utterly hilarious you can say with a straight face that i'm all over the place, when you're using the most absurd comparisons i've ever seen on here.

Where did I say it pulled me to JRM? You're making stuff up. Absolutely no where have I stated that I support him or that i'll categorically vote for him. I'm curious to know what the hype is surrounding him, his views on abortion doesn't change anything, regardless of how much I vehemently disagree with them. If i've posted otherwise, please provide the evidence.

As I say, you're living on another planet. There's no alternatives. It's red or blue, like it or not. This idea that there's other viable options is pie in the sky stuff. the Lib Dems and UKIP came as close as they'll get to any sort of traction, and both fucked it and everyone flocked back to blue or red. That's not narrow mindedness, it's reality, you might want a dose of it.

I am pretty sure that your child is now living outwith your wife's body and not a part of it? You don't believe there should be any reason to terminate even if there is a risk to the health of the mother?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back