Jacob Rees-Mogg opposed to abortion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny how RM is castigated for his personal view yet nothing is said about Irelands government policy which is exactly the same!

I think everyone should have to watch videos of abortions before forming opinions on it.

The idea that we are even discussing whether mothers and fathers should be legally allowed to kill/terminate their unborn children/foetuses is crazy to me. Its disgusting i'm afraid and shouldnt be allowed unless in extreme cases like rape.

Im stunned that so many people think its fine. Go watch the videos of abortions if you think its fine. Go learn about all the stages of growth of the wee foetuses before forming an opinion.

So I partially agree with what his views are, but the fact that he is religious means Ive lost all respect for him and his cognitive abilities. I couldnt vote for anyone who has 'faith' ie. believing things for no reason, without evidence.

Because Corbyn has categorically been proved to be a liar after the last election. All his key campaign points have been debunked. He's a con man. If he'd been up front, like JRM has, then he would never have come close to election. You're making it sound like it's better to deceive and then later be found out, then be a man of principle and stick to what you believe in from the get go.

Utterly hilarious you can say with a straight face that i'm all over the place, when you're using the most absurd comparisons i've ever seen on here.

Where did I say it pulled me to JRM? You're making stuff up. Absolutely no where have I stated that I support him or that i'll categorically vote for him. I'm curious to know what the hype is surrounding him, his views on abortion doesn't change anything, regardless of how much I vehemently disagree with them. If i've posted otherwise, please provide the evidence.

As I say, you're living on another planet. There's no alternatives. It's red or blue, like it or not. This idea that there's other viable options is pie in the sky stuff. the Lib Dems and UKIP came as close as they'll get to any sort of traction, and both fucked it and everyone flocked back to blue or red. That's not narrow mindedness, it's reality, you might want a dose of it.

"Thatcher Loyal Wrote="As much as I disagree with his Views. I find it quite reassuring that he stands by his beliefs .

Mez Wrote= "Yep, totally with you on this.

I'd rather a Catholic PM who is open about their views, than that joker Corbyn who will tell people whatever they want to hear in order to receive votes."

You clearly stated that his honesty was something to be lauded and you'd rather him than Corbyn. That quite clearly "pulls you towards him" like I said. His honesty which has given insight to his views certainly hasn't scared you off him given you said he's a better option than Corbyn.

My point is that you don't have to vote for either of them at all and you seem to disagree with that despite it clearly being an option to vote for other main parties or even independents at various elections

You simply cannot be right-minded in a modern society and pretend that because someone has spoken the truth, it over rides the elements of the truth their spouting.

Funny how RM is castigated for his personal view yet nothing is said about Irelands government policy which is exactly the same!

I think plenty is said about it.

Folk like Portadown_Bear clearly don't like the responses to his views that sit on the same side as the Irish government.

I've read what you've said, you're just making absolutely no sense.

JRM is a proposed future leader of the Tories. Corbyn is going nowhere. They will potentially be up against one another. That's where the comparison lies. The likes of Farage and Vince Cable are irrelevant, as they'll never be PM. We are essentially a two party country again. That cannot be disputed. So yes, it does have to be either of them.

You're only able to form your views because of his honesty. How you're missing that is beyond me. If he'd taken the usual political stance and lied, you'd be non the wiser.

Also, having different view from you on abortion does not make someone a lady's front bottom. It makes you a fascist for trying to stymy any debate that involves points of view you don't like.

Regarding your last point, your comparisons must be some of the most irrational nonsense i've ever seen on here. Complete and utter garbage.

"Politicians are all liars!"

*One gives his own opinion and belief on something that people don't like*

"He should never have said it""

Politics would be a much better place if they were all truthful and happy to talk about their beliefs or opinions openly without worrying about a backlash.

Do you live on a desert island?

Do people who do so have access to abortions?

Do you want to have a sensible debate here?

There appear to be people on here who believe its fine to kill the child because the mother is the only person who can feed it and she should not be forced to do so against her wishes. I'm merely drawing a comparison - the child and I on a desert island and only I can feed it. Would it be fine for me not to feed the child and let it die?

What do you think?

I think plenty is said about it.

Folk like Portadown_Bear clearly don't like the responses to his views that sit on the same side as the Irish government.

Like I have said stopping a beating heart and ripping a little baby apart limb by limb doesn't sit well with me.

No I don't. My wife had a six week scan last week and they were able to show us the baby's heart beat on the screen. Google what a baby looks like at 24 weeks (the legal abortion limit). It looks like a baby to me.
You know that Abortions at 24 weeks are extremely rare, very rare indeed. 80% of abortions are within the first 10 weeks. At 24 weeks the chances of survival are extremely limited, babies terminated close to this limit are usually in extreme circumstances. Such as when the mothers life is in danger. Do you allow mother and baby to die, or save mother? What if she has three other kids? Let them grow up without a mother so someones religious beliefs can be satisfied? Remember the case of the woman in Ireland in 2012? Left to die of Septicaemia because there was still a heartbeat?

No-one has the right to tell another human what they should do with their body. What is right for one person is not for another. Abortion in the UK is down sensitively and safely, last year 4500 women from Ireland came to the UK to have abortions. Is that right? Export the problem to someone else or go back to backstreet unqualified persons?

Rees Mogg views are similar to ISIS views. Religious extremism. Not fit to be Prime Minister.

So you like Jacob (someone you've never met) for his personality. Usually if someone has awful moral i'd tend to have nothing to do with them.

I don't have anything to do with him mate, he's a millionaire from Somerset. All I said was he came across as honest and principled which I respect. He can be pretty witty in his interviews as well. That's as far as it goes. Calm down

No I don't. My wife had a six week scan last week and they were able to show us the baby's heart beat on the screen. Google what a baby looks like at 24 weeks (the legal abortion limit). It looks like a baby to me.

Whats it's brain function at 6 weeks ?

Whats it's brain function at 6 weeks ?

No idea.

What brain function threshold do you believe a person should have in order to be able to live? Would you kill people with a mental disability? Especially if you knew the person's brain function was going to improve with the passage of time...

"Politicians are all liars!"

*One gives his own opinion and belief on something that people don't like*

"He should never have said it""

Politics would be a much better place if they were all truthful and happy to talk about their beliefs or opinions openly without worrying about a backlash.

Why shouldn't there be a backlash when someone makes a point that is madness though?

It would be an easier place to navigate if there were more truths indeed...doubt many would find there wasn't backlashes against idiocy all the same.

The UK policy is not going to change - the majority in favour is so massive no party will challenge the status quo, i support it myself. RM accepts that in his own pronouncements on the subject.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back