Jadon Sancho

chelsea , and both Manchester clubs will win the league before Liverpool win it again
Based on what? Liverpool have lost 3 league games in the last 2 seasons so they won’t be going anywhere.

Chelsea and Man Utd haven’t shown any consistency for years and that’s why they sit over 30 points behind.

It will be the same two as the last two seasons for the EPL title. Maybe Chelsea will make it a three way battle but I think Lampard would be out of his depth against Klopp and Pep at this stage in his career.

They would be tremendous going forward but that defence remains a worry.

Dortmund get £75m and buy 3 replacements and repeat the process.

Why sign Sancho when they have Greenwood though, you said earlier he would have scored far more goals than Sancho if he played for Dortmund? :))

Through gross mismanagement Utd have been left light years behind City and Liverpool.
Different positions so you can’t compare

Those dissing Chelsea chances next season may be correct but the last time they won the league they had Luis, Cargill and a right back playing as the back three and moses as a wing back :D

Two or three more quality in and who knows plus Pulisic looks really good now.

Man Utd are 2 players away from pissing the league next year, and I can’t wait

Man Utd need an out and out striker, winger and LB and they are good enough to win the league. AWB, Maguire and Lindelof are good enough. Pogba, Fernandes and any of the holding midfielders are good enough. Rashford, Sancho and a proper striker and they are there

Utd should go for Thiago Silva and a CDM like Kante who will do the donkey work and allow Pogba and Fernandes to roam and play. There are areas like LB that could be improved but CB and CDM are the key areas holding Utd back from being in the title race

Utd should go for Thiago Silva and a CDM like Kante who will do the donkey work and allow Pogba and Fernandes to roam and play. There are areas like LB that could be improved but CB and CDM are the key areas holding Utd back from being in the title race

The last few games show they are lacking in defenders. McGuire is a diddy, £80m. :eek:

How much would Terry Butcher be worth in that market down there nowadays?

United would be some force next season if he arrives

They would still be miles behind City and Liverpool. Today showed where they are lacking massively. Bournemouth are pish poor and could have scored three or four today. The keeper needs replaced and they need at least one CH.

The last few games show they are lacking in defenders. McGuire is a diddy, £80m. :eek:

How much would Terry Butcher be worth in that market down there nowadays?
That’s why someone like Silva would work. Utd need an experienced leader. Maguire has got leadership qualities but has been given the captaincy out of a lack of leaders, as oppose to being a great one. Having someone next to him who help him and the other CB’s grow into a higher standard would work wonders for Utd because Maguire, Lindelof and Bailey have potential with the right guidance.

Also Butcher would be at least £100m if he was playing in the EPL in his prime right now. England’s CB standard right now is awful.

The wankathon over United for dispatching Sheffield, Norwich, Brighton and Bournemouth, is hilarious; 3 of those sides stand a great chance of being relegated.

I can’t stand United but how many times would they have dropped points against these sort of sides over the last 4 or 5 years? Beating them barely makes them world-beaters again but unquestionably it’s a step in the right direction. Their can’t be any arguments that Bruno Fernandes has had a massive impact on them and signing Sancho or other players of that ilk will only keep the momentum going in the right direction.

The wankathon over United for dispatching Sheffield, Norwich, Brighton and Bournemouth, is hilarious; 3 of those sides stand a great chance of being relegated.

Be some drop for Brighton to go down now mate, they must be about 50/1.

(150/1 after checking).

Be some drop for Brighton to go down now mate, they must be about 50/1.

(150/1 after checking).
6 points clear of the relegation zone with two of the sides below them still to play a game. It could happen, and bottom line is they’re no great shakes!

6 points clear of the relegation zone with two of the sides below them still to play a game. It could happen, and bottom line is they’re no great shakes!

Norwich and Bournemouth are gone. West Ham, Watford or Villa will join them. Brighton are 9pts ahead of Villa so they are safe imo.

Norwich and Bournemouth are gone. West Ham, Watford or Villa will join them. Brighton are 9pts ahead of Villa so they are safe imo.

Just checked and you’re right, my mistake. It could still happen but I reckon they’ll just about okay, especially with Villa and Watford being so shite.

McGuire is pish.

But Greenwood, Martial, Rashford. Fernandes and Pogba is some strike force.

They're not far away but I think they and Chelsea will have to settle for CL places.

If they get a Chilwell, Sancho perhaps a Thiagio Silva on a free and get a time machine to bring back a young Van Nistelrooy they might get within 15 pts of the scousers and Citeh

I still can’t comprehend the amount of money clubs are willing, or expected to pay, for potential rather than someone who has actually achieved something over the course of a few seasons at least.

Has to be said Premier League most interesting league by a mile with all these players in it for the top teams. Could well be for the rest of the decade as well.

I still can’t comprehend the amount of money clubs are willing, or expected to pay, for potential rather than someone who has actually achieved something over the course of a few seasons at least.

While the money in football is absolutely mad, Sancho is an extremely marketable player and even if you forget about his ability/potential for a moment they’ll get back a lot of what they pay for him just through shirt and merchandise sale all over the world alone.

Liverpool and Man City could play every game with ten men and they'd both still finish above Man United.

It's crazy how dominant Liverpool and City have been the last 2 years and yet you still see Utd fans thinking the walk the league if they sign Sancho.

It's crazy how dominant Liverpool and City have been the last 2 years and yet you still see Utd fans thinking the walk the league if they sign Sancho.

In fairness if you look at their record since Fernandes has been in the side they really wouldn't be far away. Though sustaining that over the whole season is a different thing.

If they do sign Sancho and can improve the defence with a couple of good signings, and get more out of Maguire, then there's no way they'll finish so far behind again.

The English league has essentially been friendlies since it started back. Liverpool romped the league.

It’s easy to look good when the pressure is off and most of your opposition are playing for nothing. What Man Utd lack is leaders and men who will drag you to titles and cups. Is Sancho going to drag them to titles? Not convinced.

Incidentally, I also think that’s what we’re lacking.

The English league has essentially been friendlies since it started back. Liverpool romped the league.

It’s easy to look good when the pressure is off and most of your opposition are playing for nothing. What Man Utd lack is leaders and men who will drag you to titles and cups. Is Sancho going to drag them to titles? Not convinced.

Incidentally, I also think that’s what we’re lacking.

I don't think anyone sane would think that Sancho alone will make that much of a difference for them. But considering how much they've had to play Dan James over the last 8 months or so, Sancho will obviously help improve them.

If United managed to grab Sancho and with Chelsea getting Werner, I'll really look forward to seeing them both contend again next season.

Back