Jadon Sancho

TylerB

He's already a seriously good player, but just how good could he be? Bare in mind that he's 19. I watched the Dortmund/Barcelona game last night and he was as good as anyone else on the pitch, and won the penalty that Reus ultimately missed.

He's been linked with Manchester United and Chelsea but I can see him at Barcelona or Real Madrid before long, although Dortmund is a great fit for him and I really hope he stays there for at least another two or three years.

It's weird to see someone that's English being so skillful, so much so that he could easily be Brazilian. England have had some excellent players, sure, your Gerrard's and Lampard's, but the last time they had such a skillful and technically gifted player was one Paul Gascoigne. I mean Scholes was outstanding technically, but he wasn't really a flair player. But he (Gazza) only had 50 something caps for England which kind of seems like a waste considering his talent. I'm sure Sancho will go way beyond that as long as he avoids serious injury throughout his career.

More English players should move abroad and try other leagues, more of a chance breaking through there as well.

He's a top talent though, can glide past anyone and has a few tricks up his sleeve. Great to watch last night although it was poor defending from Semedo to give away the penalty.

Reactions: TQ3
More English players should move abroad and try other leagues, more of a chance breaking through there as well
They won't want to leave England the wages even in the championship are crazy the only time where the money might be different are the big name players

I can see him being a Pogba, in terms of Man City having to pay huge amounts of money to bring back somebody they let go for a paltry fee

maybe not free but he's worth many times more than the £8m Man City sold him for

He was outstanding again last night.

Laughable that he isn't in the England team ahead of Rashford.

I think he is now after his last two performances.

Rashford has bags of talent but nobody can say he's actually better than how he was when he first exploded onto the scene. He's still very inconsistent, and I'm not sure whether he's actually better out wide or up front. Still an heck of an option to have on your bench though granted!

He did the right thing to trust in his own ability and grab a move to a more technical league than the Premiership. He has flourished and will only get better.
Yes, hopefully he stays abroad and continues his development. He is good enough for Madrid or Barcelona and too good for Man Utd or Chelsea.

I think he is now after his last two performances.

Rashford has bags of talent but nobody can say he's actually better than how he was when he first exploded onto the scene. He's still very inconsistent, and I'm not sure whether he's actually better out wide or up front. Still an heck of an option to have on your bench though granted!

Rashford is so overrated it's a joke. He was good when he burst on the scene, had a couple of good games and has done nothing of note since. Tammy Abraham is only a couple of goals off Rashford's best ever season and we're only half way through September.

How the likes of Dier, Lingard and Rashford are regulars in the England team is beyond me.

He did the right thing to trust in his own ability and grab a move to a more technical league than the Premiership. He has flourished and will only get better.

Exactly. He's best friends with Arsenal's Reiss Nelson. They grew up playing football in the same outside courts in London, and at youth level they were rated as equally great talents.

Nelson still looks good in U21 level, but has looked a bit lost on his first team games for Arsenal this season so far. He done ok on loan at Hoffenheim last season, but he played in drips and drabs. Sancho though, has taken to senior football like a duck to water. I think that's mostly because he's chosen the right club, in the right league, for this stage of his career.

Can’t help but laugh when English pundits talk about Borussia Dortmund as if they’re some middling little foreign club when talking about him returning to the EPL.

It would take some seriously mental money to buy him. But what a talent at that age. Can definitely see him at Barca or Royal Madrid.

Rashford is so overrated it's a joke. He was good when he burst on the scene, had a couple of good games and has done nothing of note since. Tammy Abraham is only a couple of goals off Rashford's best ever season and we're only half way through September.

How the likes of Dier, Lingard and Rashford are regulars in the England team is beyond me.

Dier hasn't been a regular for a while, while Lingard although bang average for Manchester United always seems to perform pretty well in an England shirt. He was one of their best players in the World Cup along with Trippier and Maguire. I don't agree that Rashford is over-rated at all unless you think he's world-class, but he does need to find more consistency, that's for sure. On his day he's a match-winner, he just doesn't have that day enough right now.

Can’t help but laugh when English pundits talk about Borussia Dortmund as if they’re some middling little foreign club when talking about him returning to the EPL.

They're as good and big a club as most sides in the EPL. Being second best to Bayern Munich is no disgrace.

Crazy that man city let him go

I don't think they wanted to. But they (Guardiola) obviously couldn't guarantee him game time and Sancho wanted to play week in, week out. So fair play to him. Phil Foden should do the same thing. He would be a regular for most clubs in Europe and the only way he's truly going to realize his vast potential is by playing proper games every weekend.

I watched an interview recently with Michael Zorc the Director of Football at Dortmund on BT I think it was and he was talking about how the English academies are so far ahead of Germany and are producing far better young players. He went on to talk about how the English clubs are treating it as a business model and that there is a likely hood that they will receive large transfers for players that aren't likely to feature at that stage in their careers.

Back