Jak Alnwick pre-contract with Blackpool almost done?

Bo'ness Bear

If big Wes and Jak are away, does this leave us a bit low on numbers? We seem to have loaned all our other viable keepers out!! Hopefully just lazy journalism!

source = Sun

210517_st_johnstone_alnwick_02.jpg

RANGERS outcast Jak Alnwick is close to securing a pre-contract with Blackpool, according to a report.

Football Insider say that the on loan Gers goalkeeer is nearing an agreement with the League One outfit.

It is said that Blackpool chiefs remain keen on signing Alnwick on a full-time basis after impressing on his loan during the first half of the season.

Wes here until end of season - alnwick was always going to struggle to get ahead of Wes and AM - now we will be left with Firth & Mcrorie as back up to AM - possibly that why we were reportedly looking at the ST midden goalie?

Good on the lad if he can get some first team action. Still wish Wes wasn't leaving though, McGregor is 37 now.

Wes here until end of season - alnwick was always going to struggle to get ahead of Wes and AM - now we will be left with Firth & Mcrorie as back up to AM - possibly that why we were reportedly looking at the ST midden goalie?

Phew! I had it in my mind that he was keen for a move to get some first team exposure. I'm sure Wes could still have a part in this seasons story so very happy that he will stick around for a while longer!

Next season will be McGregor, Firth and McCrorie.

Buffon has shown that age really is no barrier to be a goalkeeper at a top club.

No big loss to us but good luck to him. Was always signed to be a backup and filled the role reasonably well when called upon.

Mystic Meg a bit here but I can see McCrorie excelling at Livi and them asking for him back next season, and I would let him do that. That'll leave us only McGregor and Firth so we'd need a No2 for next season.

Quite like the St Midden goalkeeper....let's hope he doesn't impress much tonight though!
Linked with him earlier in the season, but some strange comments came from his camp iirc...not sure how true.

Didn't think he was too bad as a back up but don't think he would ever be good enough to be our number 1. Good luck to him though

Like I have posted on another thread we need to clear the decks for the new talent coming through from the youth teams otherwise their pathway to the first team looks quite daunting.

Best of luck to Jak when he leaves at the end of the season. Decent keeper who was never going to be good enough for us long term

If McRorie demonstrates his abilities at Prem level then that would put him ahead of Wes and Jack potentially, were either to stay. So no surprise he wants to go and play.

why we paid £250k for him is money we could have spent better on other areas of the team at the time.

Does McGregor show any signs of slowing down or performances dipping though?

He has been superb

I don't see it all, he still looks very fit for his age and plays very well. I think the world's oldest goalkeeper was still playing up to 46 though so definitely a good few years left in him but do like having a great substitute.

Has never been good enough for us imho. We have ample back up with keepers of similar abililty to Alnwick. Mentiomed yesterday the significance of Firth getting his year contract.

Clearly a wage cut or he'd have signed now. We would have given him a free transfer. He looked a decent keeper , clearly nowhere near McGregor though. I expect Wes will be signing a pre-contact with a team soon. He deserves a higher standard than Jak.

We have two Scotland Under 21 goalkeepers. McCrorie apparently the pick of the young goalies.

Back