Jak Alnwick

All the best to him. If it wasn’t for him in that 5-0 game they won league against us At piggery it would’ve been 10-0
I was at my daughter's house watching that game with my son in law and his dad. She was out walking the dog with her mother in law. When the game ended I left to go home shell shocked. I passed them on the way home and couldn't even speak to them. Later on she text to ask if I was ok, she said I looked as if I was going to have a heart attack lol.

Had a good game yesterday. Was decent for us but not to the required level unfortunately. Good luck to him as is he keeps those performances up he will get a better move in future.

I had Alnwick down as a bit better than St Mirren, but there must be a reason to it.

Thought he had a decent game for them yesterday, pulled off some saves, weren't spectacular by any means but some were quite awkward (Tav's volley for example).

He must have made around 7-8 saves before HT.

Was too young to be there, but remember watching it on TV and my old man's face when he got back from it.

I think that the 4-2 at the piggery in 1979 is his worst ever right enough.

Aye it was horrible. When Doyle walked like everyone else I thought it was a gimme.
Had another horrible one early seventies. I went to school in Paisley and it was a mix of St Mirren and blue noses. One night they took 4 off us at Ibrox with a guy called Ally McLeod scoring them all. He's still I believe the only opposition player to score 4 at Ibrox. School was a bundle of laughs for months.

I thought it was a mistake letting him go but maybe he was demanding it.
He was always the better keeper compared to Foderingham for me but our new back up keeper looks a safe pair of hands.

I was at my daughter's house watching that game with my son in law and his dad. She was out walking the dog with her mother in law. When the game ended I left to go home shell shocked. I passed them on the way home and couldn't even speak to them. Later on she text to ask if I was ok, she said I looked as if I was going to have a heart attack lol.
Was a horrible ten days mate, I though we aren’t great but the 4-0 semi can’t be topped how stupid I was hammered again

I didn’t realise he was in goal for St Boo, so after about 5 saves or blocks I said to the Mrs “ their goalie is keeping them in it.”
He had a very good game. Even at Alfie’s tap in he got a hand to the cross. Let’s hope he keeps a clean sheet against them midweek.

Well done for having a Mrs that is remotely interested in the effectiveness of the St Boo keeper.

That apart he is actually a fine keeper. Good luck to the lad.

Well done for having a Mrs that is remotely interested in the effectiveness of the St Boo keeper.

That apart he is actually a fine keeper. Good luck to the lad.
:)):)):))
My Mrs is a big football fan, she can’t remember thingy-ma-jigs name, but she knows the game as well as anyone.

He’s decent, nothing special. Will probably move to a league 1 team down south after st mirren. We had better in fods last season and better in mclaughlin this season.

Please don’t mate, I stayed until the end, was absolute sickening.

Yer a braver man than I, had never left a game early barring necessity before then but I was gone at about 60 mins and I felt like I done well at that, remember sparking up a fag in a sea of empty seats hoping to get chucked out. :D

He's a decent goalie, by all accounts. I think lower-end Scottish Premiership / League One in England is probably about his level to be honest.

Presumably has put down his roots in Scotland and could/will likely earn a decent coin from SPL Clubs. I wish the guy well, representing England at U17 & U18 is a big deal given the competition he likely faced and he'll always have that and us on his CV.

Wee bit surprised he's ended up at St Boo right enough.

Yer a braver man than I, had never left a game early barring necessity before then but I was gone at about 60 mins and I felt like I done well at that, remember sparking up a fag in a sea of empty seats hoping to get chucked out. :D
I stayed because I said to myself Things will get better, only time will tell, that day was a turning point for me and many others.

Reactions: d72
Got my picture taken with him and Wes on the park at Inverness before we lost the game :(. It’s still my screen saver!

heres the difference between us and the moonhowling hoards

We praise and congratulate an ex keeper for doing well. They make digs and want ex players to cheat and assist them

Reactions: TQ3
I always thought he was a decent keeper, was surprised when he signed for St mirren. Thought he could have got higher.

Maybe just settled in Glasgow and fancied a season of proper first team football. Will do well down south. Was only ever meant to be a back up for us if were being honest, just a shame for him we’ve been blessed with decent keepers since Warburton.

Just looked to see where Hladky went after leaving St Boo and he's still without a club, assuming it's justas other leagues are a bit behind Scotland in terms of seasons ending / restarting as he was a decent keeper.

For me the 6-2 was far worse as we were competing on a level playing field. We had just spent money to bolster our defence but both were hopeless that day. That first 20 minutes will live with me forever.
That first 20 minutes gives the wrong impression that day.

Their first goal should have been disallowed while we got one chalked off before half time.

Had we gone in at half time 3-2 down (had both goals stood) I don't think we would have lost.

What probably separates Alnwick from being top level is concentration.

It's easier for a keeper when they are being bombarded with shots constantly. They save a few and the result is despite their best efforts. Let a few in and it's all down to the pressure from the opponent. Can't lose on a personal level.

Could he stand idle for 89 minutes and make a crucial save in the last minute to keep us ahead or preserve the draw. That's the difference.

A clean sheet on Wednesday for him would be lovely. The tims will be in meltdown at him having lost three goals at the weekend if he does

He is better than St Mirren standard, but perhaps he just wanted somewhere where he would be undisputed first choice to prove what he can do.

Always came across as a very decent guy. Wish him well

He is better than St Mirren standard, but perhaps he just wanted somewhere where he would be undisputed first choice to prove what he can do.

Always came across as a very decent guy. Wish him well

Maybe he just couldn't be arsed moving house. Don't know anything about the chap but perhaps his kids are settled here.

Back