Jake Cooper

JayDee

The Scottish Sun reports on claims we're still watching the big Millwall centre-back. Millwall reportedly knocked back our bid for him last summer.

It says:

'The Light Blues are set to go back in for the 23-year-old after chief scout Andy Scoulding travelled to London to watch Cooper in action against Bolton, according to the Daily Express.

Reports also claim that Cooper is said to have a release clause in his contract should the Lions suffer relegation or finish at the bottom end of the Championship.

Scoulding is also have said to have ran the rule over Bolton stopper Mark Beevers during the 1-1 draw at the end of last month'.

He’s out of our price range putting in Stirling performances week in week out apparently . The release clause , if their is one , could help us mind you if we get in quick .

So Scoulding is away Beever hunting?

Lucky Bastard.:D
giphy.gif

He's been suspect when I've watched him but his stats seem good and hes not getting beat in the air that's for sure hes about 6'7

Watched him a couple of times this season.Big unit,good left peg,not the most mobile,played an awful lot of long balls but this is probably down to tactics

He’s out of our price range putting in Stirling performances week in week out apparently . The release clause , if their is one , could help us mind you if we get in quick .

We need a better level than Stirling, we had that in Russel Martin...

Another centre half?

No need for 5 in total.

Be surprised if it was with a view to signing him in Jan. I've posted this before- if he was a target in the summer then it's likely he'll still be a target. We moved for others- McCauley & Worrall after failing to sign Cooper. Both these players are unlikely to be here next season so it's a case of as you were.

If Millwall go down I can see there being a fire sell of their best players so we'd best get in quick.

They've another lad Sean Williams who can play CH or mid. He's use of the ball is excellent and I certainly think he could do an effective job for us when up against teams who just sit in

Back