Jake Hastie departs for Hartlepool

Good luck , when he burst on to the scene at Motherwell, it was with style. Hope he regains it .

Most on here called it at the time, what was it a 4 year deal on Bournemouth’s 5th choice centre back with a handful of games.

Baffling signing!
Yeah I really couldn’t understand that one at all, I mean if he was in his late teens then perhaps it would be worth a punt but getting him, the age he was was, just baffling.
Ofborh in the other hand he is just really unlucky so I have no problem with him cause it’s a situation out with the player and clubs control.

Looked decent the season before we got him and the start of his time with us but just didn’t kick on. Maybe the loan spells weren’t right? Or maybe he just didn’t kick on as expected.

Would be a great window if we manage that as well as getting bodies through the door, sadly I don’t see anyone wanting Simpson unless they are in Liverpool situation of no CBs at all and even then they may think twice. :(
I didn't think anyone would want to take Hastie, and yet here we are

Do you think he looks pish here? He was a young player of the season nominee at the time and was highly rated. Mental signing is such a dumb comment but you are just saying it with the benefit of hindsight
He's talking about Jack Simpson

Yeah I really couldn’t understand that one at all, I mean if he was in his late teens then perhaps it would be worth a punt but getting him, the age he was was, just baffling.
Ofborh in the other hand he is just really unlucky so I have no problem with him cause it’s a situation out with the player and clubs control.

Some of the dross squad fillers we’ve had over the years Im sure someone is taking bungs.

Simpson for me was one ofGerrards worst signings, keeping company with the likes of Grezda and Sadiq.

I didn't think anyone would want to take Hastie, and yet here we are
Yeah I know, you could have knocked me over with a feather when the wheels started turning in that deal, perhaps the fact he was out on loan and correct me if I’m wrong, helped them win the league made him a more attractive signing as he had regular minutes. Simpson isn’t getting any game time so isn’t in the ‘shop window’ so to speak, so will be harder to move on unless we can get him out on loan.

I actually forgot he was still on our books, hope he goes down there, gives a good account of himself and has a decent career. Didn't work out for the lad but good luck to him.

Some of the dross squad fillers we’ve had over the years Im sure someone is taking bungs.

Simpson for me was one ofGerrards worst signings, keeping company with the likes of Grezda and Sadiq.
I agree with Simpson and Grezda, awful signings.
Grezda’s attitude seemed to be stinking but Gerrard taking Lafferty back to Ibrox when he had Sadiq on loan who scored on his Ibrox debut and then not really giving him the chance after that was baffling. Perhaps he might of improved if given more subs appearances or something.
When we had the situation where we couldn’t play either of our strikers, he was all that we had left and didn’t get any minutes even off the bench to get up to speed before he was chucked in at the deep end against Aberdeen in the cup if I remember was so costly for us, perhaps given more game time prior then he could’ve offered more in that game than his costly dive.
I’m not saying Sadiq could have been a superstar at that point (although he has gone into carve a good career for himself) or anything just feel like he wasn’t given enough opportunity to show what he could do.
Gerrard made a lot of mistakes with under utilising signings imo seemed to discard them as not good enough very quickly leaving the club stuck paying wages.

Last edited:
Got to be one of the most pointless signings of all time.

Hopefully we can get more dead wood out.

I agree with Simpson and Grezda, awful signings.
Grezda’s attitude seemed to be stinking but Gerrard taking Lafferty back to Ibrox when he had Sadiq on loan who scored on his Ibrox debut and then not really giving him the chance after that was baffling. Perhaps he might of improved if given more subs appearances or something.
When we had the situation where we couldn’t play either of our strikers, he was all that we had left and didn’t get any minutes even off the bench to get up to speed before he was chucked in at the deep end against Aberdeen in the cup if I remember was so costly for us, perhaps given more game time prior then he could’ve offered more in that game than his costly dive.
I’m not saying Sadiq could have been a superstar at that point (although he has gone into carve a good career for himself) or anything just feel like he wasn’t given enough opportunity to show what he could do.
Gerrard made a lot of mistakes with under utilising signings imo seemed to discard them as not good enough very quickly leaving the club stuck paying wages.
Don’t think Sadiq was ever good enough he looked very poor in the games he did get for us. Lafferty coming back was more sensible imo although he messed up his second chance here in the end.

I actually forgot he was still on our books, hope he goes down there, gives a good account of himself and has a decent career. Didn't work out for the lad but good luck to him.
Didn’t work out for the lad?

Try the lad didn’t knuckle down and understand what it takes at Motherwell is buttons to what it takes at Rangers.

He’s not the only one who’s lacked the brains and application to make the step up but the fault is all his own.

Didn’t work out for the lad?

Try the lad didn’t knuckle down and understand what it takes at Motherwell is buttons to what it takes at Rangers.

He’s not the only one who’s lacked the brains and application to make the step up but the fault is all his own.

Just out of curiosity how do you know he lacked the brains and application or didn’t knuckle down enough? Im not having a go I’m just wondering what makes you think this. Did you watch him in training or do you know him?

Just a lot of people seem to criticise players for not having the right attitude or heart of a mouse, never worked hard enough etc etc… but I’m just wondering how people know this because as just average fans we have no idea what he or players are like in training or what they do or don’t do outside the games we watch them in, for all we know he could have been the first in training and the last to leave and be a great trainer, it might just be down to he’s not very good or good enough to play for us.

emoción-wilfred-mott.gif

Came in as a prospect and never kicked on after his decent start with Motherwell. All the best to him.

Back